• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

B.O.O.M

Nets offer to Tyler Johnson ..$50 mil for 4 years...TYLER JOHNSON from Miami?! ....

What is life

ps: How desperate are the Heat to keep this guy btw? Not sure if they should match this

jmizzal

Thought maybe the Heat could do something in free agency but it seems all but over. Bosh's career is likely over and Wade is looking elsewhere to finally get paid. Losing Deng and Joe in attempt to land KD seems pointless at this point.

If Wade leaves and Bosh isn't healthy Heat best beat is to go with the young guys and get a great pick in a stacked draft next year. Heat already have a lot of young talent and can get a great pick next year plus a great Max FA.

TheFatOne

When is Miami going to meet with KD? I'm hoping he makes a decision today, and that I can celebrate tomorrow
or drink myself into oblivion

KD should go to Boston because he would only have to beat the cavs where there is no guarantee they get back to the WCF.

plus Boston can trade for another piece like butter

Tom Penny

This good or bad? I was never really a fan of Barnes so my opinion is a bit biased

He's about meh to...

Barnes.png

ViciousDS

Banned
Trey Burke traded to the wizards...... For nothing. Good pick up by the wizards.....I think Burke just didn't fit with Utah..... And like 6 other point guards lol

This good or bad? I was never really a fan of Barnes so my opinion is a bit biased

I'll be honest. I don't mind of the mavs got him. He's young, can play 3 positions and has 2 good knees. Who knows maybe he improves under Carlisle. I'm sure at least he will put Barnes in a position to succeed. The rest is up to him.

That said I'm sure the GSW will match if they don't get KD.

Hitta93

Banned
Kinda hard to have a breakout season defensively under the leadership of Pringles :p

I think we'll be top 5-10 offensively, while being around 15-20 defensively.

We'll definitely still be a bad defensive team but everyone in Houston was done with the season like 2 months in.

jbug617

Banned
Durant meeting with Heat lasted close to 2 hrs. Had no current players attending. Zo was there though. My guess it was Riley, Spo and Zo.

Pat Riley shows up with KD's mom on a TV screen. "If you walk out of here without signing, I cant be held accountable for what happens to her"

riley_300_fingers.jpg

Pat Riley shows up with KD's mom on a TV screen. "If you walk out of here without signing, I cant be held accountable for what happens to her"

riley_300_fingers.jpg

LOL

but real talk: what happens to the Heat if they can't get Durant? Anyone they can trade for an all-star without crippling the team? Feels like they missed out on a lot of opportunities by sitting back. My little brother (Heat fan) was really big on several names that have signed elsewhere by now.

Heat better let Tyler Johnson walk, Josh Richardson was a marksman for them from 3.

I'd like to see him get good enough defensively to start. Provided that touch remains.

LOL

but real talk: what happens to the Heat if they can't get Durant? Anyone they can trade for an all-star without crippling the team? Feels like they missed out on a lot of opportunities by sitting back. My little brother (Heat fan) was really big on several names that have signed elsewhere by now.

I'd like to see him get good enough defensively to start. Provided that touch remains.

They hold out until next offseason. The only real question mark until then is what they do with Wade. Other than that it gives them an entire season to figure out how to get Bosh (if he can't play at the same level) and Dragic off their books.

Top Bottom