• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 15m15 minutes ago
Kevin Durant’s final meeting—a second one with OKC officials—has ended. Now, we all wait.

RootCause

Alright, everyone post their predictions now for where KD lands. We got TONS of rumors and pundits as our "sources".

The winner gets...GAF bragging rights as a NBA genius.

Calling Warriors right here
My heart says GS. He's got the opportunity to be part of the greatest team of all time. Heck the team is already historically great. Hard to pass that up, while getting payed max.

He effectively got Shaq traded, like what the hell are you talking about now?

He got Shaq traded because they hated each other and he resented Shaq's lack of worth ethic, dedication or accountability within the organization. You think if Shaq were Tim Duncan Kobe would have demanded they trade him away because of "legacy"? Get real.

Hitta93

Banned
He got Shaq traded because they hated each other and he resented Shaq's lack of worth ethic, dedication or accountability within the organization. You think if Shaq were Tim Duncan Kobe would have demanded they trade him away because of "legacy"? Get real.

I have nothing else to say if you really believe that lol.

giphy.gif

Two Words

Didn't Shaq do some shit talking to Kobe about his rape trial too?

Didn't Shaqtin do some shit talking to Kobe about his rape trial too?

They just weren't all that tight off the court. Kobe was mad that Shaq didn't call him to offer support after the rape charges surfaced, but at the same time they weren't exactly friends so not sure why Kobe expected that. He said as much in that interview with Jim Gray where he called Shaq fat and lazy. Either way, the point is that these guys didn't like each other which is what led to the split, not because Kobe was somehow intimidated by Shaq's greatness.

Kobe would have left himself. He wanted to win by being the guy. He said this several times even in his muse documentary I believe.

Sandfox

Shaq got traded because he and Kobe hated each other(The things Ninja Scooter mentioned are some of the reasons Kobe hated Shaq). The Lakers sided with Kobe because he was younger and Shaq was demanding a crazy contract despite the fact that he was in decline.

Kickz

Alright, everyone post their predictions now for where KD lands. We got TONS of rumors and pundits as our "sources".

The winner gets...GAF bragging rights as a NBA genius.

Calling Warriors right here

Well this morning I checked twitter before going back to bed and subsequently had a dream of Durant signing with Celtics.. Gonna go with that.

Two Words

They just weren't all that tight off the court. Kobe was mad that Shaq didn't call him to offer support after the rape charges surfaced, but at the same time they weren't exactly friends so not sure why Kobe expected that. He said as much in that interview with Jim Gray where he called Shaq fat and lazy. Either way, the point is that these guys didn't like each other which is what led to the split, not because Kobe was somehow intimidated by Shaq's greatness.
I thought Shaq like outwardly called out Kobe for sleeping around.

Hitta93

Banned
Shaq got traded because he and Kobe hated each other(The things Ninja Scooter mentioned are some of the reasons Kobe hated Shaq). The Lakers sided with Kobe because he was younger and Shaq was demanding a crazy contract despite the fact that he was in decline.

"Bryant was no longer the Robin to O'Neal's Batman, in his teammates' eyes, no longer willing to take a back seat to his more brash teammate.

"They were 1A and 1A. That's what created all the anxiety," said former Lakers forward Rick Fox, who won three titles with Bryant and O'Neal. "It's hard to have two alphas, you know? I just think they were in different eras. Shaq was older, Kobe was younger. Shaq was already established and Kobe was trying to establish himself. I think when I look back on it, that was the difference in each of their careers where they were at a different point and different stages where both were really striving to be the best in the game."

Hitta93

Banned

Would I be wrong in saying Kobe didn't think Shaq wasn't "fit" to be a great leader?

KD to the Dubs would just make it funnier if the Cavs beat them again

(Which, in retrospective, is probably the only way they'd actually top how hilarious this chip was)

Top Bottom