• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Ape

Banned
I thought the George Hill trade and the Joe Johnson signing were pretty good under the radar moves. Jazz could easily be a playoff team next year. But you're always going to struggle to convince a black player to choose Salt Lake City as a free agent destination when they have other options.

If Johnson has somethin left ill be happy. Not super familiar with George hill but what I've seen is really average. Utah has a solid core but we don't have that superstar.

Curt Schilling wrote a blog post about why KD should come to Boston. The KD to the Celtics dream was fun while it lasted... We didn't do it :(

RootCause

Curt Schilling wrote a blog post about why KD should come to Boston. The KD to the Celtics dream was fun while it lasted... We didn't do it :(
Heinz1.jpg
Lol

is it still down to OKC, GS, and Boston?

Jimrpg

I think it's 60/40 in favor of the Warriors. He wouldn't be taking this long if it was a simple resigning and the "multiple sources" reports wouldn't be so conflicted.

He went back and gave a face to face meeting to the Thunder.

If he was going to re-sign - it would have been just a telephone call.

Two Words

Michael Lark
‏@Michael_Lark
Source confirms Dwight Powell's deal includes fourth year with a player option and a no-trade clause.

How the fuck is Dwight Powell pulling no-trade clauses????

Michael Lark
‏@Michael_Lark
Source confirms Dwight Powell's deal includes fourth year with a player option and a no-trade clause.

You have to be in the league for at least 8 years to be able to have a no-trade clause.

Ape

Banned
Michael Lark
‏@Michael_Lark

I like to think the conversation went like this

Hey Powell wants a no trade clause what do you think?

Cuban- what would we get for him? A second rounder? Go ahead and add it.

mjp2417

Banned

"People here in NE aren’t transplants, they aren’t bandwagon folks. You are born, and raised here, and the Celtic, Sox, Bruins and Pats are not ‘your teams’ they are part of your life."

Schilling can't avoid that creepy nativist subtext

Tuesday I'm calling up my Bulls season ticket agent and demanding a cancellation / refund. After 10 years I'm completely done with this team.

Fuck Rondo. Fuck Gar. Fuck Paxson.

Done.

ViciousDS

Banned
Tuesday I'm calling up my Bulls season ticket agent and demanding a cancellation / refund. After 10 years I'm completely done with this team.

Done.

You want to just give it to me fam? I don't have that kind of money lol

Have yet to see a game at UC due to how pricy it is

I wonder why the Bulls management never get more hate.This is a reoccurring pattern they don't give a fuck about the team's success it is just a matter of if you get along with them or not.

I wonder why the Bulls management never get more hate.This is a reoccurring pattern they don't give a fuck about the team's success it is just a matter of if you get along with them or not.
Of course they care about the team's success.
They tried to get McGrady, Lebron, Carmelo, etc...
Hard to win big when no one big wants to come to your team.

Jarate

Banned

Done.

There's room on the Sixers bandwagon for a team that rebuilt correctly

Sam Hinkie should become the Bulls GM

Jarate

Banned
C'mon now lol.

Simmons, Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Roco, Saric is a pretty nice core, along with Kings pick swap, and we're still owed a 1st rounder from the Lakers

That's doing a rebuild actually well considering the shitty times we went through.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Simmons, Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Roco, Saric is a pretty nice core, along with Kings pick swap, and we're still owed a 1st rounder from the Lakers

That's doing a rebuild actually well considering the shitty times we went through.

Your not gonna wanna swap with us since we will have the last pick in the first round after we win it all.

hey...it could happen

Sandfox

I was replying to you saying "rebuilt" when the team is clearly still building lol.

ViciousDS

Banned
Of course they care about the team's success.
They tried to get McGrady, Lebron, Carmelo, etc...
Hard to win big when no one big wants to come to your team.

I mean.honestly........look at the Knicks starting 5......it's basically a dumbed down starting 5 from what Carmelo would have joined in Chicago.......garpax try going after high profile targets but then when it falls short just throw whatever there is to fill space lol

I mean.honestly........look at the Knicks starting 5......it's basically a dumbed down starting 5 from what Carmelo would have joined in Chicago.......garpax try going after high profile targets but then when it falls short just throw whatever there is to fill space lol
Yeah, they settle on scraps and some have been good players but they never tipped the scales.
More importantly though, I never thought the day would come where the Knicks are favored to beat the Bulls at the UC and I'm rooting for Rondo to stop D-Rose.
What's next, Noah is going to clap in Taj's face as they are awaiting the freethrow???

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah, they settle on scraps and some have been good players but they never tipped the scales.
More importantly though, I never thought the day would come where the Knicks are favored to beat the Bulls at the UC and I'm rooting for Rondo to stop D-Rose.
What's next, Noah is going to clap in Taj's face as they are awaiting the freethrow???

Haha haha I'm excited now

Cornbread78

Keep seeing NBA gamblers on Twitter saying Durant is going to GS. Weird.

Once that tweet went out saying that his decision was not based on money, we knew he was going the bitch route to GS and destroy the league for awhile because pampered Steph got taken out by Bron in the finals and needed backup..

scoobs

I for one welcome our new GS overlords. Will be fun to watch that much talent on a team. GS/Cle rematch will be awesome next year.

Top Bottom