• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

As a Heat fan I just have two things to say:

1. Thanks, Kevin Durant, for in the span of 1 hour making everyone completely forget about the Heatles.

2. Riley, I really hope that you already called D Wade and apologized and gave him his due max contract.
Riley's going to pull an Irsay and go all out insane with the Wade contract.

He had a near identical chance with OKC

al3.jpg

I don't think so, Tim

FZZ

Banned
lol these posts man

If LeBron and the Cavs beat this team in the finals I can imagine 50% of people putting him over MJ

That's the level of fuckery this team is gonna have next season man

This is worse than LeBron to Miami. This is worse than CP3 to Lakers that got cock blocked.

Jtqj3GI.png

jbug617

Banned
Guess Amir and Jonas will be back.

Starters:
IT
Bradley
Crowder
Horford
Johnson

Bench:
Smart
Brown
Olynk
Jerebko
Rozier
Hunter
Mickey

No he didn't. Of course he was going after KD first. You want him to overpay a 35-year old shooting guard and kill the cap space before going after the nr. 1 free agent in the market? That's just stupid.

Heat have taken care of Wade his whole career. I doubt they stop now, and they would've done the same even if Durant chose Miami. Riley is one of the best and most respected people in the league for a reason.

You need Wade to get Durant though. You can't convince Durant Miami is where he needs to be when Bosh has health issues and Wade is taking meetings with other teams because you lowballed him.

Love the state of current NBA fandom where it's a "bitch move" to maximize your chances to win a ring. Maybe if we didn't do the whole "MJ is better than LeBron cuz rings" thing rather than ever having rational discussion, it wouldn't be a thing. But the priority in "legacy" right now is "how many rings ya got?"

"Sorry we didn't priotize a 35 year old with a history of knee issues when there were better options"

I'm a Heat fan, but damn. The whole situation is completely understandable, and prioritizing Wade would have been the bad basketball decision.
I understand perfectly but there was no way Durant was going to Miami anyway.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think at this point if I'm a GM of a mediocre team in the West, I just thug it up. Get a reputation as Bad Boys 2016 and just beat the crap out of the Warriors every time they play. People would love them.

Love the state of current NBA fandom where it's a "bitch move" to maximize your chances to win a ring. Maybe if we didn't do the whole "MJ is better than LeBron cuz rings" thing rather than ever having rational discussion, it wouldn't be a thing. But the priority in "legacy" right now is "how many rings ya got?"

These guys are bitch made for forming super teams themselves instead of letting super teams be formed for them due to lack of real free agency and their fellow owners being stupid that leads to a defending champions ending up with the first pick in the draft. Those were the good ol' days, when players had it tough. But hey, at least we had parity back then, like how the Lakers went to the Finals 8 times in the 80s. Much more spontaneous.

Wish there was a way for the Knicks to make a move to get Westbrook this FA or something, or maybe to help GSW complete the KD signing at their tremendous expense.

NBA is over for at least 2/3 seasons, so might as well stack up and ride the treadmill until KP is fully developed...

Not much sympathy because of the Sonics origins, but I imagine the Thunder do everything they can to lock down Westbrook and try to rebuild around him. Starting over now doesn't make a lot of sense unless they can get a king's ransom. Westbrook-Oladipo is still good enough to be a west playoff team, right?

The questions for the league next season:
- Can this new super-team work well together?
- What if LeBron can vanquish it again?
- Over the next 5 years how many times is the final Warriors/Cavs?

I understand perfectly but there was no way Durant was going to Miami anyway.

What kinda pisses me off too is that we lost a bunch of players without anything in return.

So basically our lineup (if Wade stays)

Dragic
Wade
Winslow (?)
Bosh (???)
Whiteside

Bench:
JRich
Haslem
Gerald Green
Dleaguer
Dleaguer
Dleaguer

Kill me now

Dre3001

Agreed, in other sports like soccer, you don't hear any outrage when Barcelona or Real Madrid sign every top player from every league but in basketball it is apparently a tragedy.

Here are my scientific findings

The Warriors go 68-14 and lose in the WCF to the Spurs!!!! Bam Bam was nowhere to he found.

Bam Bam would be back for the finals, with his usual shtick about LeBron

You think he cares about Golden State? If LeBron somehow was magically there, he'd be Cavs/Spurs/etc. fan #1

I think at this point if I'm a GM of a mediocre team in the West, I just thug it up. Get a reputation as Bad Boys 2016 and just beat the crap out of the Warriors every time they play. People would love them.

GSW is going to find their trades with one of the really young and developing/tanking teams.

I'm glad I had already lowered my expectations for the Rockets to "this team will be really entertaining"

Agreed, in other sports like soccer, you don't hear any outrage when Barcelona or Real Madrid sign every top player from every league but in basketball it is apparently a tragedy.

Because legacy! Michael and Magic and Larry did it themselves (oh wait they all played with 2 other Hall of Famers)

Because legacy! Michael and Magic and Larry did it themselves (oh wait they all played with 2 other Hall of Famers)

But you see, Kevin Durant should make it harder for himself and scratch and claw to win one ring. Then, at the end of his career, we can shit on his legacy for only winning one ring.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If LeBron and the Cavs beat this team in the finals I can imagine 50% of people putting him over MJ

That's the level of fuckery this team is gonna have next season man

This is worse than LeBron to Miami. This is worse than CP3 to Lakers that got cock blocked.

Jtqj3GI.png

I'm a lebron hater and huge Bulls fan, if the cavs beat the warriors lebron has a legit argument that he's as good or better than mj

Top Bottom