• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Ninjimbo

So at the end of the day, I do believe Cleveland never turns the momentum without the Draymond suspension.
Same. I'd blame the NBA for costing the Warriors the title, but eh, nobody gives a shit. They just want to talk choke jobs and put down the Warriors.

I got the same feeling back in 07 when the Spurs beat the Suns. I understand that rules have to be followed and the NBA should strive toward consistency but I don't like to see them tampering with such an important series to that degree. The product gets diluted and I'm left with too many frustrating questions.

Fjordson

73-9, up 3-1, and we still can't close the deal...

This is rough brehs.

I am convinced even more now that Lebron is top 3 all time. Been saying it for a while, but this drove it home for me. To see his game 5 and game 7 performances live was just unreal. It killed me as a Warriors fan, but he controlled almost every aspect of the game. Just unbelievable.

I'll be really interested in seeing how Curry will play next year. To not only lose the series but come up short individually...not good. This is the first big setback for Curry (and the rest of Golden State's core). It's been sort of all honeymoon phase the last two years.

Pachimari

Changed my avatar to Los Angeles Lakers. I'm ready for the new season!... almost. I need to read up on the rules and such which I'm getting tremendous help with in here.

Same. I'd blame the NBA for costing the Warriors the title, but eh, nobody gives a shit. They just want to talk choke jobs and put down the Warriors.

I got the same feeling back in 07 when the Spurs beat the Suns. I understand that rules have to be followed and the NBA should strive toward consistency but I don't like to see them tampering with such an important series to that degree. The product gets diluted and I'm left with too many frustrating questions.

The NBA didn't cost the Warriors shit. The Warriors did this to themselves.

Fjordson

Any blame on Draymond's suspension is weak. We had three chances and he was the best player on Golden State tonight by far.

Lakers-GAF
According to TMZ,
Iggy broke up with Swaggy P. Lakers off-season has officially started.

D'Angelo needs to start hitting that.

Honestly though, Mitch should just send a mass email to the every other GM in the league offering Swaggy for a 2022 2nd round pick to whoever responds first. and if nobody responds cut him. No idea why he is on the roster. Ditch him and Lou, let the young guys get those minutes.

Fjordson

Hitta93

Banned
If it's not GS, it's the Clippers.

Spurs are done, at least as serious title contenders unless they get a legit 3rd piece.
Thunder maybe, but it's up to Westbrook to show better judgement in crunch time.

The rest of the teams at this moment aren't even worth discussing.

Fjordson

If Warriors strike out on KD (they will) I wonder if they could get Horford.

Already 30 though. His deal will probably be rough looking in year 4 or 5. Hmm.

If Warriors strike out on KD (they will) I wonder if they could get Horford.

Already 30 though. His deal will probably be rough looking in year 4 or 5. Hmm.

Perfect fit but I don't see the Warriors giving up assets to make that move. I would hate to see Horford in any other uniform that's isn't ATL to be honest.

Tom Penny

Man this surprises me. We'll be in the mix, but replacing Barnes will be crucial, Iguodala will be a year older, and we're desperate for some production at center. A specific type of production, someone who can basically play fourth fiddle on offense. Not sure all that will come together, but we'll see.
Are you sure GS can't find another player to brick wide open shots and be about average at all aspects of the game?

ViciousDS

Banned
"There isn't any surgery or anything in my future this summer. I need to get healthier, but there is no excuses for what happened on the floor," Curry said. "I was out there, ready to play. I had some good games, I had some bad games. And that's it. I'll come back stronger next season and be ready to go."

so he had some minor injury.....but nothing serious enough.

hm.......still wondering what happens to my bulls this offseason, Gasol needs to obviously go....doesn't fit the system. Noah.....probably needs to go as well. We need another big. You guys think Bulls have a chance at AD or Whiteside lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Is this where Warriors fans come to be depressed? Still hurts but life goes on. Interested in seeing what changes they make in the off season.

Pachimari

Who are the top players of the NBA currently and what teams are they playing for?

Lebron James (Cavaliers)
Steph Curry (Warriors)
Kyrie (Cavaliers) ?
Green (Warriors) ?
Durant (?) ?

Redd

Who are the top players of the NBA currently and what teams are they playing for?

Lebron James (Cavaliers)
Steph Curry (Warriors)
Kyrie (Cavaliers) ?
Green (Warriors) ?
Durant (?) ?

Michael Westbrook OKC. Also I would include Kawhai Leonard Spurs.

Pachimari

I don't know who Westbrook is lol, but I'm gonna keep an eye on him next season. If I knew the 10 best players of the league I will keep an eye on them all for sure.

Cheebo

Banned

Lebron James (Cavaliers)
Steph Curry (Warriors)
Kyrie (Cavaliers) ?
Green (Warriors) ?
Durant (?) ?

Kyrie and Green over Westbrook???!

I would say

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard

6 in my book would be Chris Paul. 7 would be Draymond Green. 8 would be Damian Lillard.

phanphare

Banned
Man this surprises me. We'll be in the mix, but replacing Barnes will be crucial, Iguodala will be a year older, and we're desperate for some production at center. A specific type of production, someone who can basically play fourth fiddle on offense. Not sure all that will come together, but we'll see.

yall might not have to replace barnes. his post season woes could have been a blessing in disguise.

also bismax biyombo would be a perfect fit for yall. gives you everything yall need at center on defense and 4th fiddle on offense? no problem. he'd basically just set screens and clean up the glass.

yall might not have to replace barnes. his post season woes could have been a blessing in disguise.

also bismax biyombo would be a perfect fit for yall. gives you everything yall need at center on defense and 4th fiddle on offense? no problem. he'd basically just set screens and clean up the glass.

Barnes is still getting paid stupid money by someone. There's just too much cap space going around.

Pachimari

This is an imperfect list and it's a bit old now but if you just want to get to know all the big names here you go - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ise-chris-broussard-player-power-rankings-nba

I would say

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard

6 in my book would be Chris Paul. 7 would be Draymond Green. 8 would be Damian Lillard.
Thanks a lot, I'll check this out. I seem to have been way off the mark about Kyrie Irving heh.

Bread

Banned

I would say

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard

he doesn't know anything about the league, he just started watching this week.

Pachimari

he doesn't know anything about the league, he just started watching this week.

I actually started watching back in October or whenever the league started but only got a few matches in (10+) before my subscription ran out. But you are right in me not know anything really. :)

Also found this nice draftside.com to explain me the draft.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Pau Gasol is a top 5 NBA player. We can all agree to that. I hope he gets traded to the Suns. TITLETOWN

Ronin Ray

I would say

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard

This is a good list but did Anthony Davis die ? He is easily 6 and will probably be a lot higher then that once he is fully healthy

Top Bottom