• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Pachimari

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Draymond Green
Damian Lillard
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden
Poul George
Klay Thompson

I'm gonna keep a sharp eye on these players next season I think. Also Kyrie Irving, I really liked this player in the final.

Man those Kobe Bryant 24 jerseys on eBay are quite expensive. Like $230.

Is this where Warriors fans come to be depressed? Still hurts but life goes on. Interested in seeing what changes they make in the off season.

The Stages of Loss..
wE9am8K.jpg

Team needs a rim protecting big man who can be somewhat of a threat on offense (just move the ball around). I think Myers is smart enough to not make a deal with the Dwight. I will put it out there though that Biyombo has the same agent as Draymond Green. Probably can't afford him but there's an outside chance that the Warriors might heavily pursue him.

Misterhbk

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Draymond Green
Damian Lillard
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden

I'm gonna keep a sharp eye on these players next season I think. Also Kyrie Irving, I really liked this player in the final.
To have a top players list without Klay Thompson, the best shooting guard in the world, is a travesty. Only guy with an argument for being a better shooter than Steph.

Pachimari

To have a top players list without Klay Thompson, the best shooting guard in the world, is a travesty. Only guy with an argument for being a better shooter than Steph.

I added him. Thanks! :) He was also on the list on the ESPN link, but were only like #13. Had no idea he were the best shooting guard after Curry.

I'm curious how Harden plays next year. You put up 29/7/6 and the only offseason award you get is a Shaqtin a Fool? I don't see how someone doesn't take that personal and comes out on a mission.

jmizzal

Isn't the Warriors trying to get Durant?

The Warriors should get Dwight Howard, if they had any halfway decent inside offensive big they would have won back to back

Howard brings rebounding, shot blocking and can score around the basket, GS needs that badly

Durant ain't leaving OKC after their playoff run. He's going to sign a 1 year deal and wait and see what OKC does in the long term.

Tom Penny

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Draymond Green
Damian Lillard
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden
Klay Thompson

Man those Kobe Bryant 24 jerseys on eBay are quite expensive. Like $230.
I'd personally would take Paul George over 4-5 guys on that list.

Pachimari

I'd personally would take Paul George over 4-5 guys on that list.
Added him too, but I gotta limit it a bit, so I can follow them and see how they play. I weren't that impresse by Lebron in the final though, but I did like his 4th quarter and his block was epic.

Nafai1123

Banned
There's some joke to be made that about Zika, having babies and getting kicked in the nuts.

It's not recommended to have children for 2 years after playing against Draymond?

Warriors desperately need a big. I don't think they get past OKC without one next season (assuming KD stays).

So I've only been starting to pay attention to basketball since the OKC vs GSW Finals. Can someone please explain how do the drafts work, and who are some players to keep an eye on?

ViciousDS

Banned
The Warriors should get Dwight Howard, if they had any halfway decent inside offensive big they would have won back to back

Howard brings rebounding, shot blocking and can score around the basket, GS needs that badly

Dwight.....a player who wants to joke around and have fun......joins a fun team........I could see that working. Plus the system easily could get him involved so easily compared to the shit in houston

So I've only been starting to pay attention to basketball since the OKC vs GSW Finals. Can someone please explain how do the drafts work, and who are some players to keep an eye on?

The teams with the worst record are submitted into a "draft lottery" where they have a chance to get the top pick. The team with the worst record had the highest percentage chance to get the top pick, the team with the second worst record has the second highest percentage and so on...

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Ronin Ray

The Stages of Loss..

Team needs a rim protecting big man who can be somewhat of a threat on offense (just move the ball around). I think Myers is smart enough to not make a deal with the Dwight. I will put it out there though that Biyombo has the same agent as Draymond Green. Probably can't afford him but there's an outside chance that the Warriors might heavily pursue him.

Joakim Noah checks all those boxes

Pachimari

You're almost like me, I'm also trying to get into it all, and it's exciting. I made a list of the players I'm gonna keep an eye on here:

Lebron James
Steph Curry
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Draymond Green
Damian Lillard
Anthony Davis
LaMarcus Aldridge
James Harden
Poul George
Klay Thompson

And in addition to the other links I also found this:

Also found this nice draftside.com to explain me the draft.

Also, Jarate is explaining the basics of basketball really well in these posts:
Basketball court and positions
Penalties, stats and strategies (I haven't read this one myself yet)

jbug617

Banned

Draft prospects to watch out for:

Ben Simmons (rumored to go #1)
Brandon Ingram (rumored to go #2)
Dragan Bender (top international prospect)
Buddy Hield (top senior)
Jamal Murray
Kris Dunn (best pure pg)

Ronin Ray

Noah is broken goods. If we got the Noah from 2-3 seasons ago, yeah I'm down. But he looks completely cooked.

I'm hoping Draymond is able to convince Biyombo to come over.

Noah would be a cheap situational big that can pass and still give you toughness in good limited minutes that's better then overpaying for a smaller Biyombo that has only been a flash in the pan. Then again if you guys can get Biyombo for a discount then definitely do that.

The teams with the worst record are submitted into a "draft lottery" where they have a chance to get the top pick. The team with the worst record had the highest percentage chance to get the top pick, the team with the second worst record has the second highest percentage and so on...

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Man, I didn't want Chriss and I definitely do not want Dunn. I don't need another guard that can't shoot.

Noah would be a cheap situational big that can pass and still give you toughness in good limited minutes that's better then overpaying for a smaller Biyombo that has only been a flash in the pan. Then again if you guys can get Biyombo for a discount then definitely do that.

Noah fits the team perfect. Great passer. He's just a broken gimp.

Right Noah would've been perfect. I totally get that... But he's broken and we don't have the PHX Sun's Lazarus pit training staff (not knocking on ours).

I think the team needs to start thinking about developing Bogut's replacement at this point. I thought Ezeli would've been it but he's regressed so badly...

Top Bottom