• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

So Barnes turned down a contract only 10 million less than what he's getting now last offseason? Damn dude didn't really get the payoff he probably thought he would get.

People can freak out and say that the Warriors have it in the bag next season, but just remember the great equalizer that exists: injuries. A big reason why the Warriors lost steam in the Finals is due to injuries. Going to back-to-back finals does have its share of attrition that comes along with the success. Sure, Durant should be fresh and ready to go, and the Warriors have one of the best conditioning teams in the NBA, but all it takes is going up and coming down wrong for the complexity of the NBA to change. I'm happy for the Warriors. As a Spurs fan I dislike the move for obvious reasons, but I harbor no ill will towards GS (unlike OKC). Just wish Duncan could go out with one more ring. Alas, tis not to be.

People can freak out and say that the Warriors have it in the bag next season, but just remember the great equalizer that exists: injuries. A big reason why the Warriors lost steam in the Finals is due to injuries. Going to back-to-back finals does have its share of attrition that comes along with the success. Sure, Durant should be fresh and ready to go, and the Warriors have one of the best conditioning teams in the NBA, but all it takes is going up and coming down wrong for the complexity of the NBA to change. I'm happy for the Warriors. As a Spurs fan I dislike the move for obvious reasons, but I harbor no ill will towards GS, Just wish Duncan could go out with one more ring. Alas, tis not to be.

Klay Dray and KD are playing for team USA this summer too. That's gonna be a big deal. Warriors definitely looked worn out by the end of the Cavs series, especially Steph.

lORbwbxl.jpg

IT da God

Sounds salty. Wasn't he all over KD's nuts a couple hours ago? Lol

But his statement is true tho. It's like picking the Patriots in Madden.

ESPN saying that OKC would be open to trading Westbrook if they can't get an extension done with him this Summer.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16765088/oklahoma-city-thunder-mull-options-russell-westbrook

OKC surely had to go into trade mode once they were told KD was leaving. No way Westbrook sticks around next summer.

Frankly, I think basketball in OKC ended today for the foreseeable future. Their only shot at future relevancy is to try to relive the past through the draft.

HEY JARATE, how do you like the dust bowl?

Jarate

Banned
OKC surely had to go into trade mode once they were told KD was leaving. No way Westbrook sticks around next summer.

Frankly, I think basketball in OKC ended today for the foreseeable future. Their only shot at future relevancy is to try to relive the past through the draft.

HEY JARATE, how do you like the dust bowl?

pretty shit map in tf2 tbh, had way too many choke points

FZZ

Banned
People can freak out and say that the Warriors have it in the bag next season, but just remember the great equalizer that exists: injuries. A big reason why the Warriors lost steam in the Finals is due to injuries. Going to back-to-back finals does have its share of attrition that comes along with the success. Sure, Durant should be fresh and ready to go, and the Warriors have one of the best conditioning teams in the NBA, but all it takes is going up and coming down wrong for the complexity of the NBA to change. I'm happy for the Warriors. As a Spurs fan I dislike the move for obvious reasons, but I harbor no ill will towards GS (unlike OKC). Just wish Duncan could go out with one more ring. Alas, tis not to be.

This is further shows me how much of a physical monster LeBron is compared to the rest of the league

TheFatOne

Jarate

Banned
Also, we got Ben Simmons professional debut today at 7 ET in the Summer League

if I find any highlights, im gonna try and gif that shit

Tom Penny

OKC went from 8-1 to 30-1 and bulls went from 40-1 to 100-1 title odds in a couple of days. GS is 2-3 which I've absolutely never seen in any pro sport opening.

jman2050

This is further shows me how much of a physical monster LeBron is compared to the rest of the league

It's kind of insane. Even disregarding his immense talent Lebron is setting a new standard in durability that I'm not sure can be surpassed. I don't know how it's possible to play as many minutes in today's NBA as he does while having exactly zero major injuries to show for it. That's unheard of unless you go back to, I don't know, Wilt I guess.

It's kind of insane. Even disregarding his immense talent Lebron is setting a new standard in durability that I'm not sure can be surpassed. I don't know how it's possible to play as many minutes in today's NBA as he does while having exactly zero major injuries to show for it. That's unheard of unless you go back to, I don't know, Wilt I guess.

Karl Malone is a good comp for durability, but Malone wasn't also out there guarding perimeter players and bringing the ball up the court. LeBron is one of a kind.

Spurs trading Diaw?!?! He's been one of the most consistent players coming off the bench. I really really really do not like this... At all.

Laker fans are still probably like "Really, you block the CP3 trade but allow this to happen"

I know it's FA and not a trade, but still.

Trading Russell is going to be harder than it seems. Teams aren't going to give up anything of real value without an assurance that he will resign, and I doubt he would agree to resign.

FZZ

Banned
Laker fans are still probably like "Really, you block the CP3 trade but allow this to happen"

I know it's FA and not a trade, but still.

Already saw those Lakers nation instagram accounts complaining about it

We'll be salty for the next season or two
or 3

Trading Russell is going to be harder than it seems. Teams aren't going to give up anything of real value without an assurance that he will resign, and I doubt he would agree to resign.

Some team will give up very good assets for him. Ainge would still probably give up everything for him.

natjjohn

NBA is going to have to adopt a franchise tag. NBA is getting more popular but player movement like this (small #of super teams) I don't think is tenable.

NBA is going to have to adopt a franchise tag. NBA is getting more popular but player movement like this (small #of super teams) I don't think is tenable.

What would a franchise tag have done? KD was a Thunder for 9 years. How much longer does he have to be bound to that organization?

Don't think basketball works the same way as football. 1 sour grape on a basketball team can ruin everything.

Tom Penny

Only good thing that can come of this is any non title years they will be ridiculed for underachieving and epic fail entire off seasons. Time will tell..

There is really nothing wrong with how free agency currently works. The issue is the cap expansion this year and KD deciding making this specitic decision that is generating all the crazy.

The league has always been star studded, it ia just unfathomable that a team with Durant, Klay, Draymond Steph plus veteran minimums will be a thing.

Top Bottom