• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

This has been a mess, total panic mode right now. How did it get so bad, how the fuck is none of this discussed when we went through this last year. How did wade not know we would sign Whiteside and try to get Durant. And fuck off Lebron!!!!! Go the fuck away, leave wade alone!

I'm really torn on this who D Wade situation. On one hand I see why D Wade wants to get paid and I get that he feels slighted that Whiteside got a max deal. On the other hand I feel like the 2/40 million is a more than fair deal for him and I don't really want to cripple the future of the franchise by giving him an extra year.

Windy on ESPN pretty much clearing up all of this.

And saying wade seeking 2 years 50 million.

Saying Chicago and Denver in the running right now

I think Wade is seeking that from Miami, but all these Cleveland rumors lead me to think he won't ask that from them if Miami doesn't give it to him. Dunno. It'd be fun if it happens.

rambis

Banned
Lebrons contract not being finalized is a huge piece of this. He's open to take however much it would need to get Wade. Even at max, Lebrons salary is peanuts compared to his other income.

Bread

Banned
This has been a mess, total panic mode right now. How did it get so bad, how the fuck is none of this discussed when we went through this last year. How did wade not know we would sign Whiteside and try to get Durant. And fuck off Lebron!!!!! Go the fuck away, leave wade alone!
you deserve this for disrespecting lebrong

This has been a mess, total panic mode right now. How did it get so bad, how the fuck is none of this discussed when we went through this last year. How did wade not know we would sign Whiteside and try to get Durant. And fuck off Chris!!!!! Go the fuck away, leave wade alone!

Fixed

Brandson

Miami losing Joe Johnson and Deng doesn't leave much to differentiate Miami from numerous other teams around the league. Their notable remaining players are Dragic, an injured Whiteside, and Winslow. Wade was by far the best player on the Heat in last season's playoffs. He isn't going to have a better chance to win in Miami over Chicago or Denver. Denver had a good draft and their young players should still improve. Wade with Butler and Rondo in Chicago would be an interesting small ball lineup with Butler at SF. I'd say Chicago is the more likely destination if he leaves, since Butler is better than anyone on Denver.

Wade on the Clippers or Blazers would have been fun to watch but they made some bad signings with their cap space already.

CmnjV4PUcAEITzH.jpg

itshappening.gif

Wade saving up all his swag for the finals and busting out is going to historic.

jmizzal

Windy on ESPN pretty much clearing up all of this.

And saying wade seeking 2 years 50 million.

Saying Chicago and Denver in the running right now

Now Chicago makes sense, thats his home town and he pretty much replace Rose role.

Ronda and Wade cant shot 3's to save their life, but that team would make the playoffs in the east

One can be of two minds on this. He can put his foot down and say that he has taken less for the team for years, do right by me. He can at the same time say but if I am going to take less yet again, I might as well do it with my good friend LeBron and win a championship.

All that said, he will very likely stay in Miami if the money is right. He has 13 years of equity there.

People keep throwing out that Wade took less for Miami and he has never been the highest paid player, but thats half on Wade himself and not the Heat. Wade is the one who took less to play with LeBron and Bosh. When he was getting paid less then Shaq he was a on his rookie contract. Before LeBron left, Wade looked like a shell of himself that last year and was not healthy, so the Heat paid Bosh more. Wade has come back strong the last 2 years and has been healthy, but at the end of the day he is 35, father time is undefeated, Heat has to look at whats best for them long term, its not like Wade has been playing for Peanuts, he got a huge 1 year deal last year, and getting offered 40 mil for 2 years, he's making and has made plenty of money from the Heat.

Bread

Banned
Now Chicago makes sense, thats his home town and he pretty much replace Rose role.

Ronda and Wade cant shot 3's to save their life, but that team would make the playoffs in the east
Rondo/Wade/Butler is so bad, absolutely no floor spacing. That team would not make the playoffs.

When did we disrespect Lebron?! He disrespected us. We didn't burn his jerseys like a certain shitty fanbase.

Hey now, it was only a very small number of shitty ass fans that did that. Guess what, there were Miami fans that did the same. They just didn't get the same amount of press. :p

You got Bron' for 4 prime years, we can get Old man Wade for his last couple #Dealwithit

It's not gonna happen though. lol

Hey now, it was only a very small number of shitty ass fans that did that. Guess what, there were Miami fans that did the same. They just didn't get the same amount of press. :p

You got Bron' for 4 prime years, we can get Old man Wade for his last couple #Dealwithit

It's not gonna happen though. lol

Ok yes the jersey burning yes but you can't hide the return and how vile and disgusting Cleveland fans were. Also your owner is a giant dickhead.

When the world hated Lebron we loved him. When everyone was attacking him we defended him. And when he left we gave him a standing ovation.

Then he talks shit in the media. Never thanks the fans. Disrespects the franchise that helped him learn the way to win. He took what he learned from Miami and applied it to Cleveland.

If wade goes to Cleveland it will hurt a lot not cause he left, he has reason but because Lebron made it happend and stuck it to us again.

jmizzal

If LeBron takes a pay cut and the Cavs sign Wade I'm pulling my Miami LeBron jersey out of the back of my closet so I can set it on fire.

Yup that is something to call weak and worst then KD going to a great team that can pay him, it even says the players union wouldnt like that.

spyder_ur

Jaylen Brown not playing tonight. Should be back on Thursday.

A bit disappointing - he was trying to dunk too hard.

I was impressed with Rozier yesterday. For a guy whose weakness was shooting, he has a nice balanced release and shoots confidently. He gets by guys at will - that lefty finish was sweet yesterday.

Riley should retire

This is sending a bad message to future free agents that the Heat won't reward loyalty

His mentality isn't meant for todays NBA anymore

effzee

Ok yes the jersey burning yes but you can't hide the return and how vile and disgusting Cleveland fans were. Also your owner is a giant dickhead.

When the world hated Lebron we loved him. When everyone was attacking him we defended him. And when he left we gave him a standing ovation.

Then he talks shit in the media. Never thanks the fans. Disrespects the franchise that helped him learn the way to win. He took what he learned from Miami and applied it to Cleveland.

If wade goes to Cleveland it will hurt a lot not cause he left, he has reason but because Lebron made it happend and stuck it to us again.

??? Can you link me to this?

Remember when the Warriors were booing their owner for trading Monta Ellis....

They weren't ...It was Lacob being introduced as the "thing you've all been waiting for" and talking over Chris Mullin on Mullie appreciation night after a decade+ of being burned by Chris Cohan.

Top Bottom