• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

??? Can you link me to this?

I don't have links to that. He never thanked the Miami fans, this was a thing that was talked about a ton and mentioned when he came back here for the first game. After that game when he got a standing ovation he did say thanks I believe.

Lebatard talked about how in the meeting he had with Riley in that offseason he and his boys were watching the World Cup and didn't even pay Riley much attention. He totally blindsided the heat, basically messed with us saying to get Napier in the draft which we did and then he just leaves knowing full well he was never coming back. He talks about that secret motivation of how Riley said you are making the biggest mistake of your life leaving, he got upset at that?! After you left us high and dry, after what you did to Riley in that meeting, how is he supposed to react.

And there are so many stupid little comments on Twitter and stuff over the years, it's just annoying. There were plenty of reports talking about how Lebron was trying to instill the kind of team stability and work ethic the heat had in Cleveland. Every time he took a vacation he would come here and meet with wade. So it became this Lebron the GM versus Riley the GM and obviously as a Heat fan I wanted Riley to win, yeah we were upset exes. and he won already, which I am not that upset about, but taking wade is like dropping a bomb on us.

Bread

Banned
Miami fans being salty about Lebron leaving is the funniest thing. He brought you championships, he didn't owe you anything.

Taking Wade? No one's taking Wade. Maybe if your amazing GM didn't keep on forcing Wade to take lowball offers he would actually stick around.

Miami fans being salty about Lebron leaving is the funniest thing. He brought you championships, he didn't owe you anything.

Nah all we really wanted is for him to not be a douche to the heat management. He accomplished his part of the deal and so did the heat, we mutually won from that partnership. It could have been a respectful split but that's not how Lebron did it.

Marz

Wade to Cavs makes zero sense if the whole reason he and Miami are far apart is because he wants a pay day. I'm sure he can't wait to move from Miami to Cleveland, and on top of that make less money than Iman Shumpert.

Again for the 15th time, these pro athletes make tons of money they don't have to live in the city they play for. I don't see why this is so hard for some of you to comprehend.

Nah all we really wanted is for him to not be a douche to the heat management. He accomplished his part of the deal and so did the heat, we mutually won from that partnership. It could have been a respectful split but that's not how Lebron did it.

I think the chance for a respectful split went out the window when Riley talked shit to James for leaving to go back to Cleveland.

Again for the 15th time, these pro athletes make tons of money they don't have to live in the city they play for. I don't see why this is so hard for some of you to comprehend.

The Miami to Cleveland thing was in jest, it's more of an issue of how much less money he'd need to take.

I think the chance for a respectful split went out the window when Riley talked shit to James for leaving to go back to Cleveland.

After Lebron disrespected him in the meetings and basically sabatoged our offseason. So yeah I would be pissed too if I were Riley.

Whatever, Lebron left, it happened it's over. Wade leaving would bring real pain but we have no real info on what happened. How did it get here. Yes it's clear we keep shafting wade when he is our best player. But how in the hell do you work this out last year and not explain how this year would go. How is wade acting like us going after Whiteside and Durant is a shock to him. Why did he basically cause a giant shit show right before we had a meeting with Durant, no matter how small chance we had to land him it sucks when your best player is publicly in a fight. And now he is flirting with the team he knows would hurt us the most.

What happened? Who screwed up? Did the Heat lie about something? Did he just become money hungry all of a sudden? We don't know.

Two Words

The Dallas Mavericks have unveiled their new team logo.

bRfdkx.jpg

jmizzal

Riley should retire

This is sending a bad message to future free agents that the Heat won't reward loyalty

His mentality isn't meant for todays NBA anymore

Wade is the one who took less to play with Bron and Bosh, now Raily is suppose to hurt the franchies long term cuz now at 35 Wade wants to get paid more the his worth

Heat rewards its players buy bringing in other players to help its best players have the best chance at winning championships, he did it for Wade and Shaq and then for Wade a 2nd time and tried to get Durrant to go with Wade

jmizzal

I'm and Heat fan and I didnt care about him leaving, unlike all the people who bashed him for going to Miami. Every player in every sport has the right to go play where they want to play, they dont owe the fans anything, just dont bash the fans and bad mouth them. Just like Durant he has every right to go to GS no reason to bash the guy for that.

That doesnt mean I suppose to jump on LeBrons jock and root for him to win in Clev, I dont care about that city at all, why should I?

We get a little defensive because of all this shit talking about how we're not "real fans" and all that bullshit. Sorry if sports aren't our religion that we worship everyday

Fjordson

Jeez, great pickup. I wonder if Ray Allen is still in shape.

Joe Lacob is joyriding somewhere in the East Bay right now, high on coke.

"I told you mang, don't fuck with me".

I don't know man, GSW might be better if they find some guy athletic big man than get too many of these older slower ones that will not be able to keep up with this team's pace.

Either way, the Warriors are going to be a one year contract destination for a while it seems. They will keep their core 6 guys but the rest of the team will be changing every summer.

Top Bottom