• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

So Pau to the Spurs means Duncan retires? I can't see him coming off the bench.

I thought Boban was supposed to take over :/

Spurs need someone young on the boards. LMA and Gasol on the floor at the same time looks like a rebounding nightmare.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2014/09/30/indiana-pacers-david-west-sees-reality/16506641/

West also never envisioned himself as a ring hunter near the end of his career. The thought of trying to wrangle his way to a title contender just doesn't appeal to him.

"I'm not going to be one of those guys that's just out here chasing that. I'm not going to be one those guys out here sacrificing who I am, the things that make me me, to go out and get a material goal. That's just not the way I'm wired," West declared. "So, I understand we're not in that space anymore in terms of this group, but that's fine. It's just a reality you have to deal with, but you got to accept it and face it in order to get yourself moving and producing positively."

Fjordson

"Warriors Reportedly Interested in Vets Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Kendrick Perkins to Fill Out Remaining Roster Spots" per Bleacher Report.

Man Perkins is going too far. Anyone but him.

jman2050

"Warriors Reportedly Interested in Vets Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers and Kendrick Perkins to Fill Out Remaining Roster Spots" per Bleacher Report.

Man Perkins is going too far. Anyone but him.

This is basically Captain America: Civil War at this point, right?

spyder_ur

I know the pickings are slim for the Warriors but those are like the least scary types of acquisitions for that team in my opinion. More athleticism and front line size are what would make this team borderline unbeatable.

There will be midseason buyout guys too, though.

Fjordson

Dubs basically only have minimum offers left, but even then Kendrick Perkins is a bridge too far.

I like the West pickup, though. Can be a shooting backup 5. Upgrade from Speights. Can also play 5 with the starters.

FZZ

Banned
Get Ray Allen to Cleveland so this can come true

Nah, what will happen is it will be Game 7, Cavs against the Warriors. Cavs are down by two with 2.1 seconds to go. It's a jumpball, and Lebron takes it against Durant. Ball is in the air, all slow-mo like, and Lebron, by the very fact he didn't cut his nails that morning, JUST get enough of the ball to swat it over towards the corner. Everyone is watching in disbelief because no one is even remotely close to that part of the floor; as a matter of fact, it seems the Cavs are only fielding four players. Someone fucked up, or so we think....

A man, stands up from his courtside seats, sheds his cloak, and reveals himself to be none other than Ray Allen in a Cavs jersey. Allen catches the ball, Lebron gives him a nod, and he fires for three. They all walk off the court before the ball goes in, and they shun the celebrations afterwards; they are too above this and head straight to the locker room.

Durant runs over to Allen in disbelief and grabs him by the arm.

"I thought you were retired!" screams Kevin.

"And I thought you were on the Thunder," Allen says stoically.

A LOT of shit needs to happen for my hypothetical to pan out, but I'm open to all possibilites in life ever since they put a man on the moon.

This is getting too dangerous right now for the rest of the league. Even Scottie Pippen said this Warriors team can beat the 96 Bulls not including David West at the time.

Chase17

I'm waiting for someone to distract the refs from seeing a game winning shot go down at the exact same time a mass power outage occurs in secaucus new jersey.

Someone get Jim Ross to call an NBA game.

You joke but yesterday on a sports radio station (don't remember which) they brought on Jim Ross to break down the Durant signing.

5pe2gJv.jpg

Wade going to the Cavs wouldn't be about money, it'd be about playing with his bro LeBron x sticking it to Pat for not paying him all those years ago

Misterhbk

Wade going to the Cavs wouldn't be about money, it'd be about playing with his bro LeBron x sticking it to Pat for not paying him all those years ago

No traction about the rumors is being reported whatsoever. It's all just fan wet dreams being hoped for. Why would Wade pass up o. His last payday to "stick it" to Pat Riley? The Heat aren't winning anything with or without Wade. This rest of his career is just about playing it out with the Heat. He feels he deserves to go out getting paid which is absolutely true. He doesn't want to end his career a Cav because Lebron.

Top Bottom