• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

sixers have benched basically every player with NBA experience other then Christian Wood and this guy names Jonathan Simmons literally cannot miss a shot
Simmons! That's my man there. Man, wished Pop would have played him more during the season last year. He is explosive.

This is killing me man haha.
CmoqSkdXYAAGohG.jpg

What are the chances of my Lakers trading for Westbrook?

They'll make a call but I imagine OKC is going to ask for something along the lines of Russell + Ingram and that will be the end of that especially since the Lakers probably feel good about their chances of signing him in the offseason if the Thunder can't find a trade for him.

ThisOne

Boris Diaw to the Jazz so the Spurs can clear room for Gasol.

I'm liking Utah's chances to make the playoffs next year. Picked up three solid veterans (Hill, Johnson, Diaw).

spyder_ur

Are we stashing the french player?

Think I want him on the squad based on the first couple plays.

I think he'll be overseas yeah. Of the two international guys I think Zizic was considered the more NBA-ready. Yabu seems raw - he doesn't know where he's supposed to be on the court.

I continue to be impressed by Rozier. He's playing more confidently and assertively, noone can stay in front of him and he's sneaky defensively and on the boards.. There's no role for him here but Malcolm Miller is playing well too.

spyder_ur

I wonder if Marcus Thornton could average 1 assist a game as a starting PG.

That guy gets it up.

I was a little concerned that the Celtics might have to reckon with the idea that D. Jackson was better than Rozier. I don't think that's gonna happen. Rozier gets anywhere he wants to.

Tom Penny

That guy gets it up.

I was a little concerned that the Celtics might have to reckon with the idea that D. Jackson was better than Rozier. I don't think that's gonna happen. Rozier gets anywhere he wants to.

Yeah. Rozier still playing good. I don't see the point in Thornton minutes give them to Jackson. We don't even have a 3rd guard that can dribble other than Smart who isn't a PG.

@ESPNSteinLine
"The Nuggets' two-year offer to Dwayne Wade is north of $50 million, according to league sources, with Denver still hopeful Wade accepts it."

Edit:
@ESPNSteinLine
"The Heat were more than $10 million short of Denver's offer at last report but most league observers still expect D-Wade to wind up in Miami."

Chase17

Young using his summer league experience to close out the game.

He's 30? That graphic can't be right

Edit: Ok, it is 20 lol

spyder_ur

Wade going to Denver to die like AI

I don't understand it at all. Let Mudiay and Murray play and develop with the bigs.

Young has such a beautiful shot. I wish he could do literally anything else at an NBA level.

Young using his summer league experience to close out the game.

He's 30? That graphic can't be right

Young is 20. I know that's hard to believe too - I think he was younger than like half of the lottery this year.

They have a chance now as constructed. This is still an expirement really. You never know how KD will change this team.

Well someone has to take less shots, just with the time constraints of the game itself I don't see all 4 (Green, Curry, Thompson, Durant) being able to take the amount of shots they normally get.

Misterhbk

Well someone has to take less shots, just with the time constraints of the game itself I don't see all 4 (Green, Curry, Thompson, Durant) being able to take the amount of shots they normally get.

You don't think they all know this? Or that it wasn't discussed in the meeting? Or on team USA? Or via text since Draymond has been in talks with Durant all year? I'm sure it's come up a time or two. If it was a concern it probably wouldn't have happened.

spyder_ur

Takeaways:

-Biggest takeaway is Rozier. He gets to the hoop and gets his shot up anytime he wants to, even against bigger guys. He's ridiculously springy. I think we're going to see him get a real shot to be the second team ball handler.
-Yabu is going to be a fan favorite. Great name, fun game
-I still think Young is easily at the back end of the wing rotation and I wouldn't be surprised to see him off the roster via a trade before the season starts.
-I watch too much basketball

Tom Penny

Takeaways:

-Biggest takeaway is Rozier. He gets to the hoop and gets his shot up anytime he wants to, even against bigger guys. He's ridiculously springy. I think we're going to see him get a real shot to be the second team ball handler.
-I still think Young is easily at the back end of the wing rotation and I wouldn't be surprised to see him off the roster via a trade before the season starts.

Wonder if they just keep clinging to Young because he can shoot..but does nothing else well SMH.

Chase17

Takeaways:

Yabu even had a bit of a celly after the tip slam.
Could explain Smart's shooting.

Top Bottom