• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

megalowho

Did Yabu actually look decent? He seems like he has an NBA ready body but he could use some more time in Europe.
Did a putback dunk and flexed on 'em. Got the post game interview. Game still seems a little fast for him but he played well in crunch time. Thought he outplayed Bentil tonight, who also looked ok.

Mortemis

Banned
160705practice-15.jpg

This dude is ALL arms and legs

my boy needs to start feeding himself good

also just watched some Zubac vids, he's young and the potential is there. Hope he gets to where he needs to be. Also saw he wasn't that bad shooting FTs, and his mechanics don't look ugly. Maybe he can develop a mid-range someday?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Now Woj is saying that Wade is meeting with Denver tomorrow.

Sources: Free agent guard Dwyane Wade meeting with Denver Nuggets officials on Wednesday in New York.

Idek what's worse ESPN trying to create horrible trades for the Lakers and passing them off as good or Lakers fans who think we should trade all 4 of our players plus 2 future firsts for Westbrook.

jbug617

Banned
Nobody is going to give anything good for Westbrook. Why would the Lakers give up anything when they have a good shot at just signing him during FA.

So do Lakers fans feel comfortable paying that snitch D'Angelo Russell Mike Conley money or more when the time comes.

Or pay the real Russell YNB

Honestly I think, if it came to that, YNB and Russell could play together. Russell has crazy size and length for a PG, and is a pass first guy. Plus he's a good set shooter so he won't be worthless if Westbrook has the ball in his hands. Clarkson would probably be the odd man out in that situation, but he's making $50 million over 4 years thats chump change in this market and easily trade-able.

All that said, I'm on record that I'm scared to be on the hook for Russell Westbrook's age 29-33 seasons. Love his game but don't think he'll age well. I'd sign him as a FA, but fuck trading prospects for him.

Nobody is going to give anything good for Westbrook. Why would the Lakers give up anything when they have a good shot at just signing him during FA.

Someone is going to be willing to give up good assets for him. At the end of the day that extra year and higher yearly salary increases is a pretty big reason to stay with your team.

jbug617

Banned
Howard Beck and Mannix think that small market owners might force a lock out next year because of the super team stuff
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/..._medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19
Silver tried to get control over the system in 2015 by pitching the idea of "cap smoothing"—a gradual introduction of the new revenue, to create a more gradual rise in the salary cap—but the players union rejected it outright.

Union leaders and player agents preferred the chaos of a $24 million spike in the cap. They got it.

Now one team, the Warriors, has four of the top 20 players in the world: Durant, Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson. The team that beat Golden State in the Finals, the Cavaliers, has three top-20 players: James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love.

That leaves 13 stars for the other 28 teams. Don't expect those teams to sit idly by.

"The small markets can't survive in this new [environment]," said another team executive in a top-five market.

Owners will almost certainly be clamoring for a harder cap, or a franchise tag, or perhaps the creation of a supermax contract to deter future superteams from being built.
@ChrisMannixYS: Agree with @HowardBeck: Durant defection could galvanize small market owners, lead to lockout-forcing cap demands.

Yeah, I'm worried about that, and this is rare. He's just....so skinny....

He's working on adding weight but you don't want to just add a ton all in one shot. He's used to having a skinny frame I think he'll be alright. People said the same thing about KD and he filled out a little but it's not like you need him to be swole.

3 of those players are a result of good drafting and player development they just seem salty that they couldn't do better.

Seriously. Five small market teams had the chance to draft Curry (including the TWolves TWICE) and passed. EVERYONE had the chance to draft Draymond and passed. Seven small-mid market teams had the chance to draft Klay and passed. Last I checked there are more small-mid market owners in the NBA than large market owners, and the last round of negotiations the owners largely got everything they wanted. These salty fuckers made their bed now they have to lie in it. Good luck trying to navigate a lockout when the league is at an all time high in terms of ratings and revenue.

Feel bad for TWolves man. They are gonna lose Wiggins, the same way Okc lost Durant.
Just a matter of time

When KG and Love left they both became champions.

Can Denver even compete for the 8th seed with Wade? I mean who drops out of the playoff picture in the west? Houston? Maybe Dallas (though Carlisle is a miracle worker)? And even if they do the Jazz are poised to take one of those spots. Wade fixing to end his career like Kobe only without the hometown reverence.

Sandfox

Can Denver even compete for the 8th seed with Wade? I mean who drops out of the playoff picture in the west? Houston? Maybe Dallas (though Carlisle is a miracle worker)? And even if they do the Jazz are poised to take one of those spots. Wade fixing to end his career like Kobe only without the hometown reverence.

The Heat lost Deng and potentially Bosh so he's probably not going to see much success either way

Depends. As is maybe not, but we have a lot of good movable assets on reasonable contracts to trade for another great player. Nobody on the team makes more than 12 million. Could be tough to find a trade partner, though.

How legit is Mudiay? I didn't follow his rookie season. Nuggets got those nice pieces but they just play so slow and don't fit that style of play.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Blazers have to be pinned for spots. Everytime I expected Memphis Grizzlies to fall out they don't so this year won't change.
They got Marc and Conley they will be good.
Dallas Mavs I mean will Wesley Matthews resemble his Portland self. Houston Rockets are gonna be a 5-6 seed in the West.

West also have Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins but I feel neither player's team did anything to improve the team.

So Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, Rockets, Mavs , Jazz

Okc Thunder are trading Westbrook by deadline.

Top Bottom