• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

As a Jazz fan, I would love if the Jazz could swing a deal for Westbrook for a full season or even half of a season.

Don't know what assets we would have that OKC would be interested in, maybe package Trey Lyles with a bunch of draft picks.

I would love to see Favors and Gobert catching Lobs from a point guard capable of penetrating at will. Team would be scary as fuck and tbh Jazz fans haven't had a superstar here in SLC since Malone left.

Even if just for one playoff run I think it would be worth it.
Give up a bunch of our assets for one year of Westbrook? No thank you.

Now if you could somehow sell him on giving him his own team with a bunch of players who compliment him very well and a chance to be a very good so he signs an extension? Sure. But that's not happening.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
wtf are the Bulls doing???

They sign Rondo, who can't shoot to pair up with Butler who is an average shooter and now they want to sign old man Wade? Wade and Butler's offensive game are identical! Long two's, slashers who are more physical than than I are quick at this point.

Wade and Rondo don't play defense either.

So much for "we want to get younger and more athletic" right Gar Forman?

ugh

Best thing that ever happened to Thibs was getting fired by this joke of a front office.

They sign Rondo, who can't shoot to pair up with Butler who is an average shooter and now they want to sign old man Wade? Wade and Butler's offensive game are identical! Long two's, slashers who are more physical than than I are quick at this point.

ugh

Best thing that ever happened to Thibs was getting fired by this joke of a front office.

It's okay Hoiberg will put it all together. *snicker*

ViciousDS

Banned

ugh

Thibs honestly had the best of the two sides in that firing lol. Front office is such a fucking joke.....I still have no idea how they keep leeting GarPax run the damn operations.

It's okay Hoiberg will put it all together. *snicker*

Nah, Wade will coach.......I honestly would rather have a damn player on the team coach then fucking Hoiberg

At this point it seems like they only brought in Rondo and soon Wade to teach Butler and Grant tips as vets.....thats literally fucking it.

Thibs honestly had the best of the two sides in that firing lol. Front office is such a fucking joke.....I still have no idea how they keep leeting GarPax run the damn operations.

Reinsdorf's Sox are competitive this year, so I'd imagine the occasional glances into Bulls happenings will be even less frequent than usual.

Brinbe

Pretty cool thought experiment over from the ringer.
https://theringer.com/building-a-super-team-to-beat-the-warriors-ad63f1f728eb#.f906n47v9

Is it even possible to construct a team that can go toe-to-toe with the Dubs’ Super Death Lineup? Our staff took a crack at it. So that this isn’t complete anarchy, we placed a restriction: You have to pick your five-man rotation on a $15 budget.

$7 Player
LeBron James

$5 Players
LaMarcus Aldridge
DeMarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Kawhi Leonard
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook

$4 Players
Carmelo Anthony
Jimmy Butler
DeMar DeRozan
Andre Drummond
Paul George
Kyrie Irving
Damian Lillard
Paul Millsap
Karl-Anthony Towns
John Wall
Hassan Whiteside

$3 Players
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Eric Bledsoe
Chris Bosh
Derrick Favors
Marc Gasol
Al Horford
Dwight Howard
Serge Ibaka
DeAndre Jordan
Kevin Love
Kyle Lowry
Dirk Nowitzki
Isaiah Thomas
Dwyane Wade
Andrew Wiggins

$2 Players
Bradley Beal
Mike Conley
Tyreke Evans
Kenneth Faried
Pau Gasol
Rudy Gobert
Gordon Hayward
Brook Lopez
C.J. McCollum
Khris Middleton
Chandler Parsons
Kristaps Porzingis
Zach Randolph
Jonas Valanciunas
Nikola Vucevic
Kemba Walker

$1 Players
Everyone else

I ran out with
Conley (2)
George (4)
Giannas (3)
KAT (4)
Porzingis (2)

But I'm iffy on Giannas. Might need to replace with him with a better shooter. Maybe replace KAT with Bosh and Giannas with someone like Butler to run out with
Conley (2)
Butler (4)
George (4)
Bosh (3)
Porzingis (2)

That's a pretty damn solid starting 5 with shooting and defending everywhere.

A LeBron led lineup

George Hill (1)
Avery Bradley (1)
George (4)
LeBron (7)
Porzingis (2)

Two way players everywhere that can stretch the floor.

Furyous

Just trade Russell and Randle for Westbrook I would do that in a heartbeat.
The time is now Lakers nation

The NBA needs Russy in LA as a better offseason storyline than an MVP leaving a championship contender one game away from a finals appearance to ring chase by going to the winningest team in NBA history. The owners need to address this in the next CBA with a provision called the NOPE provision. If your team chokes away a 3-1 series lead in the finals then your superstar cannot ring chase and join the team you lost to months later.

Assume Ray Allen goes to Golden State as David West is already there. They need to sign Larry Sanders too.

Call me hater but I am looking forward to this team flaming out at some point. Their depth is gone and their bench is vulnerable as fuck. Sign Ray Allen so your favorite team's backup can cross him out of his shoes. I'll take my chances that by the time the season winds down their starters' exhaustion begins to show by the second round of the playoffs.

*goes back to watching WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers NBA finals documentaries*

As a Jazz fan, I would love if the Jazz could swing a deal for Westbrook for a full season or even half of a season.

Don't know what assets we would have that OKC would be interested in, maybe package Trey Lyles with a bunch of draft picks.

I would love to see Favors and Gobert catching Lobs from a point guard capable of penetrating at will. Team would be scary as fuck and tbh Jazz fans haven't had a superstar here in SLC since Malone left.

Even if just for one playoff run I think it would be worth it.

Doubt we would do something like that.

Misterhbk

The NBA needs Russy in LA as a better offseason storyline than an MVP leaving a championship contender one game away from a finals appearance to ring chase by going to the winningest team in NBA history. The owners need to address this in the next CBA with a provision called the NOPE provision. If your team chokes away a 3-1 series lead in the finals then your superstar cannot ring chase and join the team you lost to months later.

Assume Ray Allen goes to Golden State as David West is already there. They need to sign Larry Sanders too.

Call me hater but I am looking forward to this team flaming out at some point. Their depth is gone and their bench is vulnerable as fuck. Sign Ray Allen so your favorite team's backup can cross him out of his shoes. I'll take my chances that by the time the season winds down their starters' exhaustion begins to show by the second round of the playoffs.

*goes back to watching WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers NBA finals documentaries*

The salt is so strong. Yeah, Wade, Bron and Bosh we're so exhausted when they had zero bench depth in all of their runs. I don't think you have to play guys heavy minutes when at any given time you can rest two top 15 players and still have two top 15 players on the floor. Along with Livingston and Iggy. Come playoff time then you can run all of them as much as you want because they'll be resting after all the 4 game sweeps. Anyone behind the Spurs out west is not a threat to this squad. So they now get the Lebron path to the finals.

Edit: what's this bench depth everyone is so worried about actually? Shaun and Iggy are still in place. Barnes upgraded x10. Bogut replaced well enough. Are people suggesting now they'll lose because they don't have Speights, Ezeli, Barbosa, Brandon Rush, and James McAdoo? I think they can find fitting replacement for all of them if not get several of them back at the minimum. Kinda surprised they haven't gotten Barbosa back actually.

spyder_ur

Pretty cool thought experiment over from the ringer.
https://theringer.com/building-a-super-team-to-beat-the-warriors-ad63f1f728eb#.f906n47v9

I ran out with
Conley (2)
George (4)
Giannas (3)
KAT (4)
Porzingis (2)

But I'm iffy on Giannas. Might need to replace with him with a better shooter. Maybe replace KAT with Bosh and Giannas with someone like Butler to run out with
Conley (2)
Butler (4)
George (4)
Bosh (3)
Porzingis (2)

That's a pretty damn solid starting 5 with shooting and defending everywhere.

A LeBron led lineup

George Hill (1)
Avery Bradley (1)
George (4)
LeBron (7)
Porzingis (2)

Two way players everywhere that can stretch the floor.

Oladipo (1)
Avery Bradley (1)
LeBron (7)
KAT (4)
Porzingis (2)

There's probably another better option I couldn't think of for Oladipo, a better shooter somewhere. I think you're best shot at beating them is extreme length and bigs who can score. Bradley seems like a lock for this exercise at $1.

Furyous

The salt is so strong. Yeah, Wade, Bron and Bosh we're so exhausted when they had zero bench depth in all of their runs. I don't think you have to play guys heavy minutes when at any given time you can rest two top 15 players and still have two top 15 players on the floor. Along with Livingston and Iggy. Come playoff time then you can run all of them as much as you want because they'll be resting after all the 4 game sweeps. Anyone behind the Spurs out west is not a threat to this squad. So they now get the Lebron path to the finals.

RE: Lebron path to the finals...

This is worse than the supposed Lebron path to the finals.

The Heat had:
Bron
Bosh
Wade

The Warriors have:
MVP Steph
MVP Kevin
All-NBA Klay
All-NBA Defensive team member Draymond
All-NBA Defensive team member and Finals MVP Iggy
Best backup PG in the league Shaun

The Steph path to the finals is much much easier than the Bron path to the finals because two mvps and two all-nba defensive players. It's impossible for me to be salty when my just won a finals setting two NBA records along the way. I am quite happy with the WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Heat had:
Bron
Bosh
Wade

The Warriors have:
MVP Steph
MVP Kevin
All-NBA Klay

The Steph path to the finals is much much easier than the Bron path to the finals because two mvps and two all-nba defensive players. It's impossible for me to be salty when my just won a finals setting two NBA records along the way. I am quite happy with the WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers.

The WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers are already yesterday's news, I'm sorry to say.

Fjordson

I would be ok with Wade ending his career playing for his home town Bulls team, but I would not like to see Wade finish up on a crappy Denver team or running to Clev for less.
A Wade and Rondo backcourt would be scary (not in a good way). Such awful spacing.

Misterhbk

The Heat had:
Bron
Bosh
Wade

The Warriors have:
MVP Steph
MVP Kevin
All-NBA Klay

Out of everything I said that's the one thing you point out lol and his teammates aren't his path. The competition is. The Heatles never had more than one competitive opponent before their annual trip to the finals. And no one ever thought that one opponent was enough to actually beat them. First two years so far with the Cavs have been no different.

rambis

Banned
Out of everything I said that's the one thing you point out lol and his teammates aren't his path. The competition is. The Heatles never had more than one competitive opponent before their annual trip to the finals. And no one ever thought that one opponent was enough to actually beat them. First two years so far with the Cavs have been no different.
2011 saw them take on the MVP Rose led Bulls who were best in the league. Then they were nearly eliminated by the Cs. The Pacers were also damn good during those runs.

Misterhbk

2011 saw them take on the MVP Rose led Bulls who were best in the league. Then they were nearly eliminated by the Cs. The Pacers were also damn good during those runs.

That Rose led team won 1 game. Their offense was terrible and everyone knew the Heat would run over them. Except maybe Bulls fans.

The WORLD CHAMPION Cleveland Cavaliers are already yesterday's news, I'm sorry to say.

every day it's still current for us Cavs fans.

6ENbMcX.jpg

oh yes. I wake up with a smile every day.

Why is there a $15 restriction? Isn't the reason the Warriors are so stacked is that they go way beyond any arbitrary limit?

My team:

Chris Paul
Paul George
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Karl Anthony-Towns

That would be a fair matchup.

Pretty scary that you'd have to have an assemblage like that to create a "fair matchup".

fuck all that.

ViciousDS

Banned
He's still allowed to show his face around here?

Yes, sadly the hypocrite is allowed to still post here.....pathetic honestly. Touted and talked smack all last year and then hid like a B when his team made history as becoming the greatest choke artists in the history of the NBA.

I'll remember that and Lebron winning a title way more than a team winning a championship that they basically had to put the top 4 out of the top,10 players in the league on to win anything.

As I said....this is nothing like Lebrons heat

spyder_ur

I've read a lot of articles the last few days about the upcoming round of CBA negotiations. Consensus seems to be that at least one (if not both) side will opt out of the CBA by December and there will be a lockout.

A ton of (unsourced) comments are floating around from unnamed executives who aren't happy with this offseason. I can't see the players giving much ground either. To the extent I think there is even a solution to the issue of superteams (and to the extent I think it's even a problem at all), I think the best solutions are reducing the max salary cap or installing a supermax with same-team incentives. Other solutions just seem like late band-aids on a situation that was pretty unique.

This makes me supremely bummed.

every day it's still current for us Cavs fans.

6ENbMcX.jpg

oh yes. I wake up with a smile every day.

That's cool I'll just listen to this summer jam while I imagine what this new super team is going to do to these WORLD CHAMPION CAVALIERS and FINALS MVP LEBRON JAMES and the rest of the league.

I didn't realize it until now but everyone on this new roster has lost to Lebron in the finals and probably has vengeance on their mind, they have a fire within them that cannot be matched.

Gigglepoo

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago

The Mavericks are unloading Evans and cash to the Pacers, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Evans? Who the heck is Evans? *googles* Jeremy Evans!? I have no idea who that is. I assume the Pacers were the only team willing to take him?

FZZ

Banned
That's cool I'll just listen to this summer jam while I imagine what this new super team is going to do to these WORLD CHAMPION CAVALIERS and FINALS MVP LEBRON JAMES and the rest of the league.

I didn't realize it until now but everyone on this new roster has lost to Lebron in the finals and probably has vengeance on their mind, they have a fire within them that cannot be matched.

Lmfao have fun, instead the rest of us gonna have this lovely playlist to go through for the summer where the 73-9 team failed to close the season with a championship while having a 3-1 lead

Fuck Steph Curry

Fuck Steph Curry Pt. 2

Lil B - Fuck KD

Fuck KD 2

StaRR - Fuck KD

Top Bottom