• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Cornbread78

So future 1st, Sully and Johnson for Love?
(Frees up the Wade money)

Or

2 future 1st, Sully and Johnson and a guard for Boogy?

C'mon Danny..

Fjordson

Bam is great entertainment (and he rides with the Dubs so he's cool with me). Y'all need to stop taking sports so seriously.

I've read a lot of articles the last few days about the upcoming round of CBA negotiations. Consensus seems to be that at least one (if not both) side will opt out of the CBA by December and there will be a lockout.

A ton of (unsourced) comments are floating around from unnamed executives who aren't happy with this offseason. I can't see the players giving much ground either. To the extent I think there is even a solution to the issue of superteams (and to the extent I think it's even a problem at all), I think the best solutions are reducing the max salary cap or installing a supermax with same-team incentives. Other solutions just seem like late band-aids on a situation that was pretty unique.

This makes me supremely bummed.
They could have fixed with it cap smoothing, but I think the players were strongly against it.

As a Heat fan, part of me hopes Wade leaves so we can start the rebuilding process around Whiteside, Richardson and Winslow and not do the whole Kobe thing.

Y'all think the mavs can get to 50 wins this year? Is bogut, Barnes and Seth enough to make them win 8 more games? Or are they gonna be about the same

Jarate

Banned
God I suck at posting images...how do you embed an imgur?

Here it is though. Poor Sully...

Dr2Poda.png

Chase17

Why is there a $15 restriction? Isn't the reason the Warriors are so stacked is that they go way beyond any arbitrary limit?

My team:

Chris Paul
Paul George
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Karl Anthony-Towns

That would be a fair matchup.
I'd say this is a significantly better roster (or is that the point). I'm also crazy and think that CP3 is still the best PG in the league though.

I was just about to post that.

https://twitter.com/Jared_Sully0/status/750726532822433792

The replies, especially the first one, are hilarious. And mean.
I'll be sad to see Sully go. He was always fun to watch.

shwimpy

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Sources: Bulls cancelled meeting, flight kept getting pushed back. If Wade is still serious, Chicago could travel to meet him on Thursday.
:lol

Fjordson

Jeez, sounding like Wade could actually leave??

I'm usually of the belief that players should make every cent they can at every opportunity, but I'm surprised Wade would be willing to end his career on some random team like Denver or Milwaukee.

edit: Minnesota signed Brandon Rush. Sad to see him go, but nice pickup for Minny. He can still play solid D and has an incredible stroke from 3.

That dude could have been Danny Green on steroids if he hadn't gotten injured. I was at the game against Memphis a few years ago when Zbo fucked up his knee. Just a shitty turn of fate that robbed him of a lot of athleticism.

I love Wade, but I don't want to give him the Kobe contact and handcuff the franchise from even being able to start to improve for another 3 years.

LionPride

Banned
Hey NBAGAF, I don't mean for this shit to get personal as I've let it get in the past, but is Bam the saltiest nigga here. I need an honest answer

Kickz

Jeez, sounding like Wade could actually leave??

I'm usually of the belief that players should make every cent they can at every opportunity, but I'm surprised Wade would be willing to end his career on some random team like Denver or Milwaukee.

edit: Minnesota signed Brandon Rush. Sad to see him go, but nice pickup for Minny. He can still play solid D and has an incredible stroke from 3.

That dude could have been Danny Green on steroids if he hadn't gotten injured. I was at the game against Memphis a few years ago when Zbo fucked up his knee. Just a shitty turn of fate that robbed him of a lot of athleticism.

Nice, I like the pick up by Thibs.

Heat aren't going to budge on a 3rd year for Wade. In the bow down to LeBron era, I kind of admire a franchise that won't be bullied by player demands.

rambis

Banned
Heat aren't going to budge on a 3rd year for Wade. In the bow down to LeBron era, I kind of admire a franchise that won't be bullied by player demands.
Its that people still think this goes on. Lebron and Gilbert barely even looked at each other during the championship festivities. Lol if you really think this billionare is bowing down to Lebron.

I'm honestly not disappointed with the Lakers in the off season. Im excited to see the young guys develop more than expecting top free agents to sign.

Top Bottom