• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Chase17

A Rondo/Wade backcourt would be interesting. I hope it happens.

I'd give it 5 games before their first in game argument.

Jarate

Banned
The sixers will take Butler off your hands in a salary dump lol

why the fuck do the bulls feel they need Wade? so they can win 45 games and get beat in the first round?

The sixers will take Butler off your hands in a salary dump lol

why the fuck do the bulls feel they need Wade? so they can win 45 games and get beat in the first round?

Their keeping Butler and yeah, I agree we will still lose to Cleveland but, it's better than a rough season losing every game.
@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Two players Bulls are calling everyone with space on: Jose Calderon and Mike Dunleavy. Those contracts get them toward Wade space.

It's actually better to lose because then you get good draft picks actually. You lose bargaining power with free agents, but it's not like the Bulls have pulled in a superstar anytime recently

I agree but I can't go through that horrible season last year. It was rough man.

Gigglepoo

It's actually better to lose because then you get good draft picks actually. You lose bargaining power with free agents, but it's not like the Bulls have pulled in a superstar anytime recently

Strongly disagree. Pacers have been competitive for two decades even though they never picked higher than 10th. Well run teams can compete with the best without bottoming out.

Jarate

Banned
Strongly disagree. Pacers have been competitive for two decades even though they never picked higher than 10th. Well run teams can compete with the best without bottoming out.

How many chips have you guys won?

It's fine if your goal is to be competitive, but many people want to see their team be title contenders. You win by drafting your players and the most efficient way of drafting players is by having good draft picks.

Dunleavy is still in the league? Wow

Yep and these young bloods are trying to end his career.
Dunleavy_Slaps_Ibaka.gif

giannis-antetokounmpo-ejected-for-shoulder-checking-mike-dunleavy-4-30-15.gif

TinySerpentineGrayreefshark.gif

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Signing Wade would be really shitty for the Bulls, but I want Gar Forman fired, so I think they should do it.

Get ready for Wade and Butler taking turns going iso on offense.

Jarate

Banned
they could probably trade Lopez to someone like the Nets for a pick or something. Honestly, if I was the Bulls, i'd be avoiding trading picks with a back court featuring Rajon Rondo

Misterhbk

Im laughing because I remember those games vividly. Miami wasnt the favorite that year in the slightest. .500 start, terrible record in close games. And that Bulls team dominated the league that year, including Miami.

Dear god lol 3/4 games the Cavs played against the Pistons this year were close games as well. Pistons still got swept off the court and Cleveland was never threatened. But feel free to spin that as well.

Miami started the season off slowly. Took them time to gel, but like everyone on here always says its the playoffs that matter. In the playoffs that Heat team had it together, and only lost in the end because Wade and Bron pissed off a super hot shooting Dirk and his firing squad.

The bulls with Wade would be the worst three point shooting team in the league, they'd be the anti-warriors haha layups for days aha
They wouldn't get layups either because the paint would be littered with defenders lol

Can I apply for an NBA executive job? I would be better than half of the clowns currently in the league how does this even make any sense?

if you are an NBA exec and you want to keep your job it's better to grab big names, shoot for mediocrity and throw out hints of hope for next season than it is to bottom out completely.

Dear god lol 3/4 games the Cavs played against the Pistons this year were close games as well. Pistons still got swept off the court and Cleveland was never threatened. But feel free to spin that as well.

Miami started the season off slowly. Took them time to gel, but like everyone on here always says its the playoffs that matter. In the playoffs that Heat team had it together, and only lost in the end because Wade and Bron pissed off a super hot shooting Dirk and his firing squad.

They wouldn't get layups either because the paint would be littered with defenders lol

Wade and Butler are still pretty good slashers but yeah i don't see this move as being really all that good, must be a business decision to keep its fans.

The bulls with Wade would be the worst three point shooting team in the league, they'd be the anti-warriors haha layups for days aha

It's not like we are going to suffer this huge dropoff. We are basically replacing Rose with Wade which looks like a wash to me as far as 3pt'ers go. We still have McDermott and Mirotic + Butler has had seasons of shooting 37% and 38% for 3's, just needs to find consistency.

jbug617

Banned
How much does Miami really want Wade back? It's going to cost them to keep him.

@IraHeatBeat: Source tells Sun Sentinel: Heat apparently might not be able to move McRoberts to clear Wade space unless a pick or Winslow(!) included.

I think you're just harping on some poor wording. What I mean is that instead of one team consolidating talent to challenge them, guys are just moving around to the point where this off-season is a total wash.
That's a nice generality. Which teams should do what and how will they do it to create a comparable super team?

jbug617

Banned
I guess we get an answer tonight on where Wade is going to play. Woj says Wade wants to decide tonight and Riley wants an answer.

Marz

if you are an NBA exec and you want to keep your job it's better to grab big names, shoot for mediocrity and throw out hints of hope for next season than it is to bottom out completely.

Yea I get that Wade is a big name, but if you wanted to target Wade, bringing In Rondo makes no sense whatsoever. Your three wing players are all midrange slashers with no ability to stretch defenses? Paired with what bigs?

Just dumb. Chicago fans are loyal anyways they support the Cubs for Christ sake.

Top Bottom