• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 7m7 minutes ago
Sources: Dwyane Wade is pushing for a resolution on his future tonight: Miami, Chicago or Denver. Pat Riley wants an answer too.

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA
For Miami, Pat Riley needs to know: Is Wade in or out? If he's out, Riley is lining up contingency plans. He'll move fast elsewhere.

Contingency plan must be Lance fucking Stevenson because the pickings are slim.

Two Words

I think you're just harping on some poor wording. What I mean is that instead of one team consolidating talent to challenge them, guys are just moving around to the point where this off-season is a total wash.

Guys are moving around to get paid or chase a ring. The ring chasers are going to contenders and the guys getting paid are going to wherever they can get paid.

Sources: Dwyane Wade is pushing for a resolution on his future tonight: Miami, Chicago or Denver. Pat Riley wants an answer too.

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA
For Miami, Pat Riley needs to know: Is Wade in or out? If he's out, Riley is lining up contingency plans. He'll move fast elsewhere.

Riley ready to bring in Swaggy

I didn't realize I was interviewing to be a GM just because of some bullshit posts on a forum. What kind of salary am I looking at?
Suddenly you have no opinion, weird. Easier to just be blowhardy and say "teams should do stuff". For someone who likes to pretend he makes good points and knows something about the game, that was a pretty fast retreat from a really benign question.

CmuOsAGWIAAovjt.jpg
Snoop's gift to Kobe is hilarious

Suddenly you have no opinion, weird. Easier to just be blowhardy and say "teams should do stuff". For someone who likes to pretend he makes good points and knows something about the game, that was a pretty fast retreat from a really benign question.

They should be doing more stuff. Lebron has gotten to 6 finals but there were always at least 3-4 teams in the west that could have gotten in the way of that if they had been in the east. This has been going on too long to just be bad luck, it's a weaker conference.

CmuNkfCWIAAF8rg.jpg

Wade will probably announce his decision on the show.

Darrell ‏@MIZ_DRB 2m2 minutes ago
@THEKIDMERO @AminESPN they really gave Wade the Monday night UPN sitcom graphics package

DLee ‏@DLBlaxx 3m3 minutes ago
@AminESPN when the preacher is inviting the congregation to a financial literacy conference on a weekday

hilarious

rambis

Banned
Bam bam doesnt realize how much lightning they've struck. By sheer coincidence that the reigning MVP was considered a liabilty at the time of his first extension they are able to sign a max player.

That shit doesnt just happen.

They should be doing more stuff. Lebron has gotten to 6 finals but there were always at least 3-4 teams in the west that could have gotten in the way of that if they had been in the east. This has been going on too long to just be bad luck, it's a weaker conference.
So where are these players going to come from and what teams should get them how? Your analysis of the obvious (east isn't as good overall) is pretty "deep and true" to quote another brilliant basketball mind as smart as yours.

Mortemis

Banned
lmao, watching these SL practice interviews and Lakers ready to cut Swaggy. Luke got asked what he thinks about him nearly blowing his hand off and starts off with 'nothing'.

also died at DLo's response. "We're you scared? I wasn't" 😂😂😂

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Heat are dodging a bullet. An aging star can turn into an anchor on your franchise real quick. Take it from a Laker fan.

The cap is increasing -again- next year. Unless this is like a 4 year deal its really not a huge deal.

Legit stunned he actually left Miami. Really like what the Bulls have done this year

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojVerticalNBA

A Chicago Bulls lockerroom with Wade and Rondo. That'd be a sight to see.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Would you rather have close to enough cap room for two max guys or Wade and 1 max?

Obviously in a perfect world its the former but the Bulls have basically -never- been a team that can get big name FAs outside of the MJ era.

If you're the Bulls you have to get them into the room to begin with. Cap space means jack shit if you can't actually get people to have the meeting in the first place. None of these guys are walking into a situation where the team is complete trash.

The best case scenario of like the 3 seed in the East this year with Butler, with Wade etc is more attractive in a FA market than trying to tank for a lottery pick

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont remember the specifics but didnt the Dwyane take less money two contracts in a row so the heat could sign guys? I always figured that went along with the notion that they would take care of him in the end. Im assuming thats where this is coming from.

Good for him. He'll get his money and the coming home story will work out well enough.

Chase17

I believe that Bosh is on Any Given Wednesday tonight so it will be good to hear about how he feels about coming back. Hopefully he doesn't run into any more issues.

Top Bottom