• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I'm really confused by this reaction. When Wade is with the team, it was "he's old, washed up, broken knees, he's done" and now that he's gone it's "LOL MIAMI, HEAT IN RUINS"

¯_(ツ)_/¯

People still hate the Heat man. It sucks we lost him, but it really wasn't in our best interest to sign him to a Kobe contract. Especially if we had to trade a pick and Winslow in order to move McBob.

Edit I'll still root for D Wade to do well in the playoffs and don't bear any ill will towards him.

Twitter has no chill.
CmudWnsVUAAUEWm.jpg

RootCause

I bet you guys enjoy this shitttt

Not all of us are bandwagons

I've followed this franchise since the Seikely days and I can say that this is the most disgusted I felt about this front office

I don't blame Wade at all

I still am a fan of him
Can't blame anyone, it's a business after all. It was a great era, and he'll remain my favorite player forever. *shrugs*

I don't speak for all Heat fans but I for one am glad our front office didn't handcuff the franchise with a Kobe contract for Wade just based on past work.

Will Riley match the Nets offer for Tyler Johnson? I can see a future with a core of Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and Tyler Johnson. Get Bosh healthy and Dragic playing like the Phoenix years and we have a shot...

at the 8th seed :(

Get that money dwade. This offseason has been nuts

Id feel sad for the heat being randomly shitty but they won 2 chips recently so meh

Speaking as a Heat fan, I can at least objectively say a lot of this is Riley's own doing. You live and die by the "Win Now Mode" mantra. Because Riley has repeatedly expressed interest in signing and trading for veterans instead of developing a young core, this is the end result. Hell, Winslow and Richardson was something the Heat were forced into after Bosh's blood clots resulted in us missing the playoffs.

�� Whiteside hasn't officially signed though
Please leave Whiteside , go to Ainge

Merciful God if Whiteside pulls a DeAndre now.

jbug617

Banned
Bucks want Dunleavy. Brooklyn wants Calderon.

Miami gave the max to Dragic, Bosh and Whiteside. Don't think Wade ever got the max from Miami.

Brinbe

Rondo/Wade is like the anti warriors backcourt
Though Rondo/Wade/Butler/Portis?/R Lopez is a decent lineup I guess? Just no outside shooting at all.

That 36 hours where Cavs fans were sprawling every corner of the internet in the hopes of some rumor about Wade coming to their team is now gone. Pretty fucking hilarious if you ask me.

Heat fans, I know you feel bad losing Wade, but this will allow you to rebuild much quicker than the Bulls. You are the lucky ones. I'm in hell.

RootCause

That 36 hours where Cavs fans were sprawling every corner of the internet in the hopes of some rumor about Wade coming to their team is now gone. Pretty fucking hilarious if you ask me.
Lol I missed that.

Heat fans, I know you feel bad losing Wade, but this will allow you to rebuild much quicker than the Bulls. You are the lucky ones. I'm in hell.
It's bittersweet for sure. Wouldnt be shocked if Whiteside gets dealt.

I'd like a copy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I feel sorry for Fred Hoiberg because they Bulls absolutely don't care about getting players that fit his system.

He was the one who signed off on Rondo. Like they literally watched film together and thought this was a good idea.

He might be totally wrong, he probably is, but hes digging his own grave then. Shouldn't feel sorry for him.

EL CUCO

Pat Riley is the only one on the Heat that has actually done it not one...not two...not three...not four...not five...not six.... If he's still motivated, I trust him more than a 34 year old Wade with bad knees at 48 mil.

I'm excited for the future of the Heat now that the Wade monkey is off our backs. First time in a while we've had a young core of players worth developing. We wouldn't have done anything the next three years with or without Wade, so better to be without. I'm not sentimental. He can play where he wants.

Top Bottom