• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Kusagari

I don't see any scenario where that is possible, Detroit made the 8th seed last year and their roster is miles better than the Heat current roster without Bosh.

They also lost Deng and Joe Johnson you know, right?

What the fuck do the Heat even have right now outside of Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, Richardson and Tyler Johnson if Bosh can't play? The corpse of McRoberts?

Tom Penny

Wade is good but Richardson is a young ace outside shooter and Winslow will only continue to be an elite defensive player

Honestly, you guys are overrating 35 year old Dwayne Wade.

They lost Wade, JJ and Deng. Without Bosh that team is trash. Nobody to get their own offense.

Yeah dont see how this is a bad move, granted we dont know what we gave up. I really hope Nick Young is gone now.

Chicago is trying to unload salary so probably nothing. Lakers using whatever is left of their cap space to take on salary. Maybe sending a 2nd rounder back to Chicago. I don't mind the move. Calderon is an expiring contract, and I trust Walton as coach (unlike Byron) that bringing in a vet won't detract from the development of D'Angelo.

cmulp3pwiaauhu8x8kqs.jpg

(although this should really be Whiteside cuz Bosh aint playing next year)

Tom Penny

So explain how Wade/ Rondo and Butler coexist. I don't know a world were one of them is an NBA SF so 20+ Million for a backup SG? lol. On top of that they all need the ball in their hands and provide no floor spacing to slash. Amazing.

Resilient

Just finishing the script on my 2016 dream Chicago season. Land somewhere in the 4-6 seed, Wade finally gets his Lebron series. Jimmy, Rondo, and Wade make Lebron sweat over 7 games in a number of throwback games, before were daggered by our old reliable ally, Mike Dunleavy.

LMAO

They lost Wade, JJ and Deng. Without Bosh that team is trash. Nobody to get their own offense.

Even if Bosh plays they should trade him and start over it would be wasting the rest of Bosh's Career if he stayed in Miami and when he plays he's one of the best stretch power forwards in the league so they could probably get some good assets or at least a 1 round pick.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Did I not say last week Wade was going to Chicago?

Everyone brushed it off.

Tom Penny

Just finishing the script on my 2016 dream Chicago season. Land somewhere in the 4-6 seed, Wade finally gets his Lebron series. Jimmy, Rondo, and Wade make Lebron sweat over 7 games in a number of throwback games, before were daggered by our old reliable ally, Mike Dunleavy.

I definitely think they can get the 4 or 5 spot in their division.

rambis

Banned
So explain how Wade/ Rondo and Butler coexist. I don't know a world were one of them is an NBA SF so 20+ Million for a backup SG? lol. On top of that they all need the ball in their hands and provide no floor spacing to slash. Amazing.
This is a good point. I think Wades paycheck is all that matters to him.

the spacing is going to be godawful. Teams just going to dare those 3 to shoot.

Dre3001

People keep acting like Wade is on his last legs like Kobe this past year but yet in the playoffs this year Wade was the only person carrying the team.

He saved the Heat from being eliminated by Charlotte and played out of his mind in the Toronto series.

I don't understand how anyone can defend this, Wade isn't just another "good" player. He is the best player to ever put on a Heat uniform, brought the city its first championship by himself and then helped them get 2 more and is arguably the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. To let him walk so easily and not just give him a 2 year max deal for all he has done is just ridiculous.

The east belongs to the Cavs for the next few years anyways, Heat should have taken the Mavs route and given Wade a max two year deal like Dirk got since he sacrificed so much earlier in his career.

mjp2417

Banned
Even if Bosh plays they should trade him and start over it would be wasting the rest of Bosh's Career if he stayed in Miami and when he plays he's one of the best stretch power forwards in the league so they could probably get some good assets or at least a 1 round pick.

Bosh's health problems + salary means he would only really be tradeable as a salary dump

Jarate

Banned
People keep acting like Wade is on his last legs like Kobe this past year but yet in the playoffs this year Wade was the only person carrying the team.

He saved the Heat from being eliminated by Charlotte and played out of his mind in the Toronto series.

I don't understand how anyone can defend this, Wade isn't just another "good" player. He is the best player to ever put on a Heat uniform, brought the city its first championship by himself and then helped them get 2 more and is arguably the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. To let him walk so easily and not just give him a 2 year max deal for all he has done is just ridiculous.

He had Shaq the season they won

And yes, he played well in the post season, but there's only so much a 35 year old guy can d during the regular season, and it isn't like you guys had a chance at beating Lebron or the dubs this year

You might be bad for a couple of years, I'd rather be and at get draft picks then have a player hold NY team hostage with cap the next two years, especially when he isn't taking you to the title

Fjordson

It's not even that Wade is a worthless player, he's not, he was good last year. Just the fit is awful with the Bulls roster. They don't benefit much from him imo.

I will be shocked if he suits up before the all star break. If he even does at all.
Even without Bosh, it'll be close.

Yeah. This is gonna be so sweet. Who can side Whiteside when he eventually DJs and nuts on the Heat?

The Heat are the Clippers in this sitation

Also Whiteside was willing to take a paycut to bring KD but not Wade so I'm gonna assume he's not exactly packing his bags over this.

He's not like Kobe this past year, but he's probably like Kobe right around the time he signed his last 3 year contract, which became a huge albatross for LA in years 2 and 3. Keep in mind Kobe playing 20 years is an outlier. Most SGs and perimeter players fall off a cliff right around the age/experience Wade is at. From a fan standpoint, I get it. I got it with Kobe. But from a front office standpoint it's not necessarily the worst thing in the world to move on from an aging star. The only way this hurts Miami is if it hurts their reputation with players going forward to see the way Bron and Wade left.

Resilient

The Heat are the Clippers in this sitation

Also Whiteside was willing to take a paycut to bring KD but not Wade so I'm gonna assume he's not exactly packing his bags over this.

Wouldn't he rather get Max at a team that is actually gonna compete this year tho? I think he signed under the pretense Wade was gonna sign too.

Top Bottom