• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Cornbread78

So explain how Wade/ Rondo and Butler coexist. I don't know a world were one of them is an NBA SF so 20+ Million for a backup SG? lol. On top of that they all need the ball in their hands and provide no floor spacing to slash. Amazing.

drive-dish, drive-dish, drive-shoot midrange jumper/layup.. rinse, repeat..

jbug617

Banned
It's a good contract from Chicago. Riley pissed Wade off

@daldridgetnt: Two years, $47 million for Dwyane Wade in Chicago, per source. @vgoodwill first with numbers. I almost typed Miami. Still stunned.

It's not a terrible contract. I mean, it's hard for any 2 year contract in the NBA to be "bad", especially for a middling team like Chicago. They'd be mediocre without him for the next 2 years, they can be mediocre with him and sell a few extra tickets and jerseys. They probably don't lose much from this deal aside from draft lottery positioning.

random25

People keep acting like Wade is on his last legs like Kobe this past year but yet in the playoffs this year Wade was the only person carrying the team.

He saved the Heat from being eliminated by Charlotte and played out of his mind in the Toronto series.

I don't understand how anyone can defend this, Wade isn't just another "good" player. He is the best player to ever put on a Heat uniform, brought the city its first championship by himself and then helped them get 2 more and is arguably the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. To let him walk so easily and not just give him a 2 year max deal for all he has done is just ridiculous.

The east belongs to the Cavs for the next few years anyways, Heat should have taken the Mavs route and given Wade a max two year deal like Dirk got since he sacrificed so much earlier in his career.

He had a still very good Shaq, coach Pat, Gary Payton and a bunch of good veterans when he won his first one for the city.

Miami is just cap restricted right now. But they did him wrong some time ago anyway so this is what happens.

Wouldn't he rather get Max at a team that is actually gonna compete this year tho? I think he signed under the pretense Wade was gonna sign too.

I have no idea anymore honestly. Before the offseason started I didn't see any of this happening. who knows. Maybe Whiteside wants to be the face of the franchise. Maybe he wants to go else where. I don't know anymore man.

I'm hurt dog!

Resilient

Clearly the Bulls are all in on this season. This makes it less likely they trade Jimmy, not more.

Why would they trade butler now?

I don't see Rondo, Butler and Wade working in any timeline

I feel like this move was made by people with spoons for hands

I have no idea anymore honestly. Before the offseason started I didn't see any of this happening. who knows. Maybe Whiteside wants to be the face of the franchise. Maybe he wants to go else where. I don't know anymore man.

I'm hurt dog!

yeah, i'd be afraid if i were you. DJ set a precedent. don't feel bad if Hassan spunks on the heat after all this

I don't see Rondo, Butler and Wade working in any timeline

I feel like this move was made by people with spoons for hands

Butler has the size to start at the 3. It's not ideal, but you don't sign two vets like a Rondo and Wade and then turnaround and trade your best player who is 26 and in his prime. The goal in Chicago is clearly to make the playoffs.

Chase17

Not going to lie, I really like what the Bulls and Knicks have done this off season. As a viewer they have made the upcoming season significantly more interesting to me.

In a league where only 2 teams can win the title and over half make the playoffs someone has to embrace the treadmill, and they have done it in a exciting way.

Not going to lie, I really like what the Bulls and Knicks have done this off season. As a viewer they have made the upcoming season significantly more interestingly me.

In a league where only 2 teams can win the title and over half make the playoffs someone has to embrace treadmill, and they have done it in a exciting way.

My thoughts as well, the east gonna be fun to watch this year even though we know it's lebron's land.

Resilient

Butler has the size to start at the 3. It's not ideal, but you don't sign two vets like a Rondo and Wade and then turnaround and trade your best player who is 26 and in his prime. The goal in Chicago is clearly to make the playoffs.

True. it may be their goal but...they're doing it with spoons for hands. and forks for feet. i dont think Chicago have any idea WTF they are doing right now, unless there is some 3 way trade that lands Dunn at Chicago and Jimmy at boston. that also involves a couple of crackers and a used bumper plate sticker

jbug617

Banned
Richard Jefferson signing a 2yr deal with the Cavs.

Also the Heat might match the offer sheet Tyler Johnson signed with the Nets.

ESPN Stats & Info
‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Dwyane Wade ranked 39th among SG in Real Plus-Minus last season, behind two of his teammates: Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson.

A silver lining

dream

So in two consecutive seasons, Pat Riley loses Lebron James and D-Wizzle. And people still act like he's a legit gangster.

Zackat

SJsDc8D.jpg

who's gonna make it their avatar? I'm considering. I am sure it has already been posted in here.

True. it may be their goal but...they're doing it with spoons for hands. and forks for feet. i dont think Chicago have any idea WTF they are doing right now, unless there is some 3 way trade that lands Dunn at Chicago and Jimmy at boston. that also involves a couple of crackers and a used bumper plate sticker

I don't disagree, but you have to remember that only a handful of teams can actually compete for titles, the rest either tank, or pretend they are competing for titles in order to fool their fans and season ticket holders. You would be surprised how having a name guy like Wade, even far past his prime, will trick more casual followers into thinking their team has a chance. Hell I've spent the last 3 years having to deal with fellow Laker fans who thought that the mere existence of Kobe on the team made them contenders, despite the fact that he was 57 years old.

I don't disagree, but you have to remember that only a handful of teams can actually compete for titles, the rest either tank, or pretend they are competing for titles in order to fool their fans and season ticket holders. You would be surprised how having a name guy like Wade, even far past his prime, will trick more casual followers into thinking their team has a chance. Hell I've spent the last 3 years having to deal with fellow Laker fans who thought that the mere existence of Kobe on the team made them contenders, despite the fact that he was 57 years old.

Yup, tanking isn't pretty but it's clear what Miami has to do now.

@Mike_Bresnahan

Lakers will get two future 2nd-round picks from Chicago while giving up rights to an undetermined player (someone likely drafted long ago.)

not a bad deal

Top Bottom