• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Seems like we've heard for years that arison would take care of dwade with some exec job post retirement. If that was ever true I wonder if it still is at this point.

So in two consecutive seasons, Pat Riley loses Lebron James and D-Wizzle. And people still act like he's a legit gangster.

All this time people thought he was Don Corleone, in reality he was Don Fanucci
cPQNvw.gif

Resilient

I don't disagree, but you have to remember that only a handful of teams can actually compete for titles, the rest either tank, or pretend they are competing for titles in order to fool their fans and season ticket holders. You would be surprised how having a name guy like Wade, even far past his prime, will trick more casual followers into thinking their team has a chance. Hell I've spent the last 3 years having to deal with fellow Laker fans who thought that the mere existence of Kobe on the team made them contenders, despite the fact that he was 57 years old.

i feel really sorry for Bulls fans that this is what they have to look forward to the next few years.

Also the Heat might match the offer sheet Tyler Johnson signed with the Nets.

Now this makes sense. Like I said, a core of Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and Tyler Johnson with a healthy Bosh and Phoenix Dragic has a lot of athleticism and a good mix of veterans and young guys. Hire a bunch of 1 year guys and then go all out on 2017 and maybe get Westbrook or Griffin.

Resilient

Now this makes sense. Like I said, a core of Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and Tyler Johnson with a healthy Bosh and Phoenix Dragic has a lot of athleticism and a good mix of veterans and young guys. Hire a bunch of 1 year guys and then go all out on 2017 and maybe get Westbrook or Griffin.

Bosh is gone bro

Ethan Skolnick reporting that the Heat did not increase their offer to Wade to match other teams. Clearly the didn't feel the need to try their hardest to keep Wade. This is the best basketball move, and they aren't thinking about sentimentality.

Oh they'll talk sentimentality and "family" when it fucking suits them (aka convincing stars to take pay cuts to play together). This is not a good look for the Heat and definitely hurts them in future FA pursuits that matter.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
theyve been on vacation the whole damn week. im going through withdrawals. stu's triple dog dare sure did blow up. :rollin

This guy Stugotz I mean really? Taking the week off when big Miami news breaks and the world actually needs his hot takes. I mean this guy.

sytadel

Now that Dwyane Wade has signed with the Chicago Bulls, I bet you Hassan Whiteside might be rethinking the contract he agreed to with the Miami Heat.
What if he decides to pull a Deandre Jordan and change his mind and sign with a team like the Dallas Mavericks who were offering him the max?
This would mean the Dallas Mavericks wouldn't be able to complete the trade for Andrew Bogut or sign Harrison Barnes to the Max.
Which would mean the Warriors now don't have the room to sign Kevin Durant to a max deal.
Which would mean that Dwyane Wade leaving the Miami Heat set off a chain reaction of events that would prevent Kevin Durant from signing with the Golden State Warriors.
Maybe this is what LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were talking about on that private jet they were on together a couple of days ago...

Will Wade get bigger Boos on his first game back in Miami than the ones LeBron got when he went back to Cleveland the first time? Who will get bigger Boos, Wade or Durant?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Will Wade get bigger Boos on his first game back in Miami than the ones LeBron got when he went back to Cleveland the first time? Who will get bigger Boos, Wade or Durant?

I don't see how these scenarios are anything alike.

Cavs fans (irrationally) hated Lebron because he left without bringing them a ring. Wade got 3. He took paycuts to stay in Miami and they disrespected him to the very end. Heat fans booing a guy because the organization didn't ever make it a priority of keeping him is totally bizarre to me.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Can we talk about the hilarious knee situation in Chicago?

They traded rose...

And in return they get.

Wade - no cartilage in his knees
Valentine - has had knee surgery already
Rondo - torn acl
Butler - knee surgery last year
McDermott - knee surgery rookie year

Sigh

Can we talk about the hilarious knee situation in Chicago?

They traded rose...

And in return they get.

Wade - no cartilage in his knees
Valentine - has had knee surgery already
Rondo - torn acl
Butler - knee surgery last year
McDermott - knee surgery rookie year

Sigh

I don't even want to look at the past injuries of the knicks lol

I don't see how these scenarios are anything alike.

Cavs fans (irrationally) hated Lebron because he left without bringing them a ring. Wade got 3. He took paycuts to stay in Miami and they disrespected him to the very end.
I understand that, but people will be salty. I actually understand Wade but as a Miami Heat lifelong fan it hurts that he left like this.

Vestal

Now that Dwyane Wade has signed with the Chicago Bulls, I bet you Hassan Whiteside might be rethinking the contract he agreed to with the Miami Heat.
What if he decides to pull a Deandre Jordan and change his mind and sign with a team like the Dallas Mavericks who were offering him the max?
This would mean the Dallas Mavericks wouldn't be able to complete the trade for Andrew Bogut or sign Harrison Barnes to the Max.
Which would mean the Warriors now don't have the room to sign Kevin Durant to a max deal.
Which would mean that Dwyane Wade leaving the Miami Heat set off a chain reaction of events that would prevent Kevin Durant from signing with the Golden State Warriors.
Maybe this is what LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were talking about on that private jet they were on together a couple of days ago...

Yeah that ain't happening.

Sad to see DWade gone. Hopefully we match the offer for TJ and start fishing to fill out the roster. With TJ and assuming that Bosh will play our roster currently looks like.

Dragic
Richardson
Winslow
Bosh
Whiteside
TJ
?Haslem??

Oh they'll talk sentimentality and "family" when it fucking suits them (aka convincing stars to take pay cuts to play together). This is not a good look for the Heat and definitely hurts them in future FA pursuits that matter.

It does hurt the Heat in negotiations with future free agents they were always going on about family and loyalty and then they treat the guy who's been the most loyal to them and is the biggest reason they have three championships like he was just another player.

GS already renounced their FA. Only thing they'll need to do is offload Bogut somewhere if Dal can't do it.

Booing Wade wouldn't even make sense. You can be hurt on him leaving, but dude made Miami relevant for over a decade and even brought LeBron to Miami to make the dominant for 4 years. If fans in the Airline boo Wade it's just going to validate the reason he left.

spyder_ur

Wow, I'm pretty surprised by this. Does Miami have their draft pick next year? That might be a lottery team depending on Bosh's health. I do not trust Whiteside long-term one bit on a losing team - I felt like they made the right move resigning him but I didn't anticipate their roster being gutted like this.

Crazy free agency period.

Micky Arison ‏@MickyArison 7m7 minutes ago
Thank you @DwyaneWade for a great 13 yrs! You've had a tremendous impact on our community and our organization. We wish you all the best.

Micky Arison is class. No Comic sans here.

spyder_ur

I said this in the Durant thread - but you are an idiot if you boo Wade when he comes back to town. What else could you possibly have expected from him? He'll get a hero's welcome and deservedly so.

Wow, I'm pretty surprised by this. Does Miami have their draft pick next year? That might be a lottery team depending on Bosh's health. I do not trust Whiteside long-term one bit on a losing team - I felt like they made the right move resigning him but I didn't anticipate their roster being gutted like this.

Crazy free agency period.

Heat are Top 7 protected I believe. Knowing Riley, he's probably going to still try to have them make the playoffs regardless.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 4m4 minutes ago
For those asking, according to a source, Hassan Whiteside is still committed to the contract he agreed upon with the Miami Heat.

Top Bottom