• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I said this in the Durant thread - but you are an idiot if you boo Wade when he comes back to town. What else could you possibly have expected from him? He'll get a hero's welcome and deservedly so.
I personally wouldn't Boo him. I would actually start a "Thank you, Wade" chant for all he did for this organization during the last 13 years.

SCChappy

Banned
Riley will kick Spoelstra out mid season to coach the team to the 8th seed and a blowout sweep by the Cavs

Spoelstra will become an assistant on GSW

Sandfox

Makes me wonder why the Lakers didn't keep West around, or did he leave on his own accord?

He had issues with Phil Jackson and Jerry Buss in addition to the fact that Jim Buss was brought in to learn. He cared so much about the Lakers being successful that the stress was bad for him as well.

13567384_192455621157096_4236731814420628724_n.jpg

5OdJilT.gif

He's still the don.

He had issues with Phil Jackson and Jerry Buss in addition to the fact that Jim Buss was brought in to learn. He cared so much about the Lakers being successful that the stress was bad for him as well.

his autobiography is really insightful and fascinating. The guy really is just perpetually tortured, on and off the court. IIRC when the Shaq/Kobe Lakers team that he famously assembled were clinching their first championship in 2000 he was at the movies or some shit because he couldn't bear to watch the games.

He and Phil didn't get along, and he was probably looking to get out. The guy agonized over wins and losses even as a GM. I think he had to step away for his own health.

Ahh okay, fair enough. I can understand why he stepped away then. Thanks!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope this Bulls team stays healthy they're going to be real fun to watch especially with Rondo at the point and Butler at the wing.

May grab a Rondo jersey.

Tom Penny

I hope this Bulls team stays healthy they're going to be real fun to watch especially with Rondo at the point and Butler at the wing.

May grab a Rondo jersey.

Three players that need the ball in their hands to be effective that can't shoot should be riveting brick laying.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Do people not watch basketball or just the stats or highlights?

Bulls getting both Rondo and Wade makes no basketball sense. This will definetly keep the team interesting, but this makes little sense on the court.

Rondo can't shoot! Defenders will back of him like always. Guess what? Wade can't shoot either from long range, butler is better but still not good enough to make up for the rest of the guys.

The middle of the floor is going to be so damn clogged unless you McDermott in. Niko was average last year so who knows withi him. Maybe Valentine works out or something.

This was the perfect year to suck! You're not beating the cavs or warriros and its one of the best draft classes in years.

J2 Cool

Bulls getting both Rondo and Wade makes no basketball sense. This will definetly keep the team interesting, but this makes little sense on the court.

Rondo can't shoot! Defenders will back of him like always. Guess what? Wade can't shoot either from long range, butler is better but still not good enough to make up for the rest of the guys.

The middle of the floor is going to be so damn clogged unless you McDermott in. Niko was average last year so who knows withi him. Maybe Valentine works out or something.

This was the perfect year to suck! You're not beating the cavs or warriros and its one of the best draft classes in years.

Niko shot nearly 40% from 3. Doug who knows. Dunleavy was able to shoot too. Bulls are pretty fucked though as the current team stands.

Maybe we need Ray? It'll have a nice psychological effect on Wade's knees, to have a guy 6 years older on the team.

I can't think of a single eastern team that's one westbrook away from competing in the east. That's how poorly formed all of these teams are.

Maybe the Knicks if Porzingas goes to some next level this year I guess.

I'd expect a mid-season Rondo + 1 trade for someone like Westbrook if he's willing to commit to CHI for a longer term deal. If the Thunder want to go full rebuilding mode, anyway.

Gonna suck for Billy Donovan.

Jarate

Banned
I can't think of a single eastern team that's one westbrook away from competing in the east. That's how poorly formed all of these teams are.

Maybe the Knicks if Porzingas goes to some next level this year I guess.

Cavs are already able to compete for the finals. I'd argue Boston, and the Pacers would also be competers for a finals team.

Zackat

I'd expect a mid-season Rondo + 1 trade for someone like Westbrook if he's willing to commit to CHI for a longer term deal. If the Thunder want to go full rebuilding mode, anyway.

Gonna suck for Billy Donovan.

He'll get fired just in time to come back home where he belongs? Refurbished O'Dome and everything!

Gators are gonna suck ass this year. :'(

J2 Cool

i'd watch WB at the 2 for Boston. hooboy.

if WB ends up at Chicago i'm done with basketball.

dude deserves a good franchise.

You mother f.....Hm, its hard to argue from the top down. I could also say Chicago deserves a second lease on what we had with Rose, that ended too soon. But organization makes me sad

Tough bet to make on who will have the better record next year, Bulls or Knicks. Its going to be like classic 90's basketball reborn when they get together! I can't get over those weird ass lineups meeting

You mother f.....Hm, its hard to argue from the top down. I could also say Chicago deserves a second lease on what we had with Rose, that ended too soon. But organization makes me sad

Tough bet to make on who will have the better record next year, Bulls or Knicks. Its going to be like classic 90's basketball reborn when they get together! I can't get over those weird ass lineups meeting

Would be awesome to see a 1st round matchup between the two. Who's knees give out first? So many choices!

Top Bottom