• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Three players that need the ball in their hands to be effective that can't shoot should be riveting brick laying.

Rajon Rondo led the league in assists last year and that was with the Sacramento Kings.

He's only 30 and after his Boston years went into some dysfunctional teams/situations (that he may have created himself) but he can still ball and run an offense.

The dynamic between Jimmy Butler and Dwayne Wade will be interesting but given Wade's age I would think he would cede some of his shots to the younger Jimmy Butler.

Especially if he wants to win in his return to his hometown.

Taj Gibson and Robin Lopez is a nice PF/C combo and you have young budding star Nikolla Mirotic coming off the bench. A Top 4 team in the East on paper right now, IMO.

looks better than his name on an okc jersey

Seattle will get their team hopefully soon. Too much of a history and potential fanbase/market to ignore.

Mortemis

Banned
Seattle will get their team hopefully soon. Too much of a history and potential fanbase/market to ignore.

Nah, I don't think so. At least not anytime soon. The league already said they're more interested in growing the sport internationally rather than expanding (which makes sense), and no team should be taken or moved from their hometown. Plus the city of Seattle has already shown they don't want to finance a new arena.

I'm probably gonna be butthurt about OKC for a few more years, at least until they're fully rebuilding, but other than that I'm moving on from the Sonics. There's a lot of young players I like on the lakers, especially now that they drafted Ingram, so I'm just gonna follow them and see them grow and develop.

Michael Wallace
ESPN Staff Writer

The real irony in Dwyane Wade's departure from Miami is that this past season would have been the final one had the Wade-LeBron-Bosh Big 3 played out their original six-year contracts from 2010. LeBron bolted four years in, Bosh fell ill five years in and Wade bounces following Year 6, after spending the past two offseasons chasing make-up money he opted out of after Year 4.
4h

Wow darn.. If what they originally wanted to win as many titles as possible together throughout their Miami contract and everyone goes back to play for their hometown and try to bring one there then you cannot tell me anything to unconvince me that it was some anime yuyu hakusho end game shit right there.
banderas.png

Fistwell

So the bulls starting 5 to be something like

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Mirotic or Gibson
Lopez

Who's spacing the floor? Mirotic is the only guy with a jumpshot and he aint exactly Reggie Miller. Still, that's probably enough to make the playoffs in the East.

ViciousDS

Banned
So the bulls starting 5 to be something like

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Mirotic or Gibson
Lopez

Who's spacing the floor? Mirotic is the only guy with a jumpshot and he aint exactly Reggie Miller. Still, that's probably enough to make the playoffs in the East.

Portis can shoot the 3 and is still very young. Hes also tall enough to play the 5......however who wants a center as a wingman with that lineup lol

Tom Penny

Rajon Rondo led the league in assists last year and that was with the Sacramento Kings.

He's only 30 and after his Boston years went into some dysfunctional teams/situations (that he may have created himself) but he can still ball and run an offense.

The dynamic between Jimmy Butler and Dwayne Wade will be interesting but given Wade's age I would think he would cede some of his shots to the younger Jimmy Butler.

Especially if he wants to win in his return to his hometown.

Taj Gibson and Robin Lopez is a nice PF/C combo and you have young budding star Nikolla Mirotic coming off the bench. A Top 4 team in the East on paper right now, IMO.

Why don't you actually reply about how the pieces don't even go together next time...3 non shooters that all need the ball in their hands to be effective is an offensive train wreck. They are the 4th best team in their own division forget for in the East.

When someone talks about Rondo leading the league in assists as a positive thing I just assume they haven't watched him play in years.

nillah

Banned
Nah, I don't think so. At least not anytime soon. The league already said they're more interested in growing the sport internationally rather than expanding (which makes sense), and no team should be taken or moved from their hometown. Plus the city of Seattle has already shown they don't want to finance a new arena.

I'm probably gonna be butthurt about OKC for a few more years, at least until they're fully rebuilding, but other than that I'm moving on from the Sonics. There's a lot of young players I like on the lakers, especially now that they drafted Ingram, so I'm just gonna follow them and see them grow and develop.

how do you grow the nba internationally than? you'd have to like be showing the games, now

PatjuhR

how do you grow the nba internationally than? you'd have to like be showing the games, now

For starters they could try to have some games at better times from us here in Europe.

Last season there used to be a game every sunday at a decent time, but that dissapeared in the playoffs. Every game of the finals started at 3 or 4 am for us here.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
For starters they could try to have some games at better times from us here in Europe.

Last season there used to be a game every sunday at a decent time, but that dissapeared in the playoffs. Every game of the finals started at 3 or 4 am for us here.

It's a logistic impossibility to ever have games on earlier for EU especially when West Coast teams are involved.

They aren't gonna play a Warriors game at 1 PM just so it's on at a decent time in the EU.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck, but no way around it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As it stands now, what 8 are making the playoffs in the east?

Cavs
Hawks
Raptors
Celtics
Knicks
Hornets
Pacers
Bulls

*That's in no order

Heat lost 3 starters and didn't get any replacements so I think they are out. Detroit was an 8th seed last year and I think they get edged out by the Bulls and Knicks.

Really though it's the same as last year minus the heat.

Tier 1 - Cavs
Tier 2 - Raptors, Celtics, Hawks
Tier 3 - Everyone else

Jarate

Banned
Kings can trade several assets for Westbrook:

Rudy Gay
Kosta Koufus
Picks
And some of the bigs they drafted.

Do it Vlade!

Your only 2 assets right now Boogie and WCS.

your picks you cant trade because you owe draft swap rights to the Sixers the next 2 years, plus after that you owe the sixers your unprotected 1st so you cant trade them. Rudy Gay and Kosta Koufus aint gonna get you shit other then high first rounder

The only way the Kings get Westbrook is if they trade Boogie. Your franchise has literally nothing else.

Cavs
Hawks
Raptors
Celtics
Knicks
Hornets
Pacers
Bulls

*That's in no order

Heat lost 3 starters and didn't get any replacements so I think they are out. Detroit was an 8th seed last year and I think they get edged out by the Bulls and Knicks.

Really though it's the same as last year minus the heat.

Tier 1 - Cavs
Tier 2 - Raptors, Celtics, Hawks
Tier 3 - Everyone else

Hawks replace solid ass Horford with terrible Dwight Howard, and lose some bench depth with their trade of Teague and are in 2nd tier? Pacers are probably better then them right now tbh

1. Cavs
2. Celts
3. Raptors
4. Pacers
5. Hornets
6. Hawks
7. Knicks
8. Bulls

That's what I'd think at least.

1st of all, let's look at the standings of last year

1. Cavs - Lost some role players, doesnt matter they have Lebron
2. Raptors - Lost a role player, shouldnt be that much of a difference tbh, but they'll get worse
3. Heat - Lost Wade and Bosh, not on your list, so can't call you out
4. Hawks - Lost 2 starters in Teague and horford, only got 1 replacement in Dwight who was a mess the past year and is only getting older. They'll get worse
5. Celtics - Added Horford and Jaylen Brown, should be better
6. Hornets - Lost Lin, added Batum, they should stay around the same as they were last year
7. Pacers - Added Teague, and Horford, should be better then they were last year
8. Pistons - Super Young team, was able to compete really well last year

So let's just look at the logic, you have the Knicks and Bulls passing the Pistons? None of their signings make them that much better, Wade can't get it done in the regular season like he used to. They still have no perimeter shooting

The Bucks were very efficient with Giannis at the point, and I think this year is a breakout year for Jabari. Middleton should improve as well, and you think the Knicks and Bulls are better then them with their shit roisters? Rose and Noah sucked last year, how are they getting all those wins with no depth and bad players?

Wizards should be able to compete if Beal stays healthy, that's the best backcourt in the east if Beal is healthy tbh. You have Knicks getting more wins then them, they had 32 last year, the wizards had 9 more wins. Where are the knicks getting those 9 wins from

And the Magic is still a young team that I would honestly take over the both of them. I dont like what theyve been doing, but they should improve over last years squad barring major injury

Bulls have 3 ball dominant players who can't shoot the ball well, and only 1 of them really can play defense at this stage of their career. Knicks have 2 players who got carried by Butler for a year and still missed the playoffs, yet they're going to suddenly win 10 more games to sneak into the 8th seed over the other 4 teams listed? Even though they added Derrick, Ive become an inefficient mess, Rose and Joakim Noah, both of which are a year older and played like shit last year

Wade, and Rondo aint gonna help you win that many more games in the regular season. You bring in Wade for a playoff run as he can still ball well for short stints of time.

People need to cool their expectations on those teams

T Dollarz

I think people are underrating how good the Knicks could be next year. Carmelo finally with a full competent roster. And Hornacek is a good coach. I think they're the third or fourth best team behind Cavs, Celtics and Raptors. Pacers should be interesting too. Hawks will be much worse imo.

Jarate

Banned
I think people are underrating how good the Knicks could be next year. Carmelo finally with a full competent roster. And Hornacek is a good coach. I think they're the third or fourth best team behind Cavs, Celtics and Raptors. Pacers should be interesting too. Hawks will be much worse imo.

Lol

random25

Full competent roster in 2011 or something.

DCX

DCX

Maybe a tape delay. NBA TV EU?

DCX

BumRush

The thing with the Knicks is, if everyone stays healthy for the whole season, they'll definitely make the playoffs. The problem with that is that a). they have numerous guys that are injured almost every season and b). the same can be said about other teams

Top Bottom