• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Cavs
Boston
Toronto
Indiana
Pistons
Knicks
Wizards
Bucks

Hornets, Hawks, Orlando just miss. Miami, Sixers and Chicago are rebuilding. Nets are still lol.

random25

Vogel is a miracle worker so I'm not counting out Orlando for the 8th seed.

Indiana had the potential for 2nd to 4th but we'll have to see first how the new coach will do. They are top 4 material on paper.

Toronto will still be be in the top 4, as well as Boston. I see Detroit and Atlanta going for 5-6, and 7-8 would be wildcard positions.

ViciousDS

Banned
if butler can hit his 3's like the year prior to last season this could be a halfway decent team......Butler and Mirotic on wings. Butler was shooting nearly 40% thibs final year. Seeing him at the 3 full time will be interesting. Mirotic shot 40% from deep as well last season, he seems to slowly getting used to the NBA and he plays much better at the 4 than he does 3.

In terms of tiers

1. Cavs
2-4. Celtics/Pacers/Raptors (favor Pacers at 2.)
5. Hawks
6-8. Some mix of Bucks, Pistons, Wizards (likely). Would have to reserve judgement on Bulls and Knicks, I have zero clue as to whether they will perform above expectations or burn in a highly entertaining fashion

if butler can hit his 3's like the year prior to last season this could be a halfway decent team......Butler and Mirotic on wings. Butler was shooting nearly 40% thibs final year. Seeing him at the 3 full time will be interesting. Mirotic shot 40% from deep as well last season, he seems to slowly getting used to the NBA and he plays much better at the 4 than he does 3.

You forgot to add McD, who shot 42% from 3. I don't get the complaints about the shooting. Where was the great shooting for the Heat last year? Hell, Rondo shot better than Dragic from 3 on an identical number of made 3's per game.

jbug617

Banned
The cap is lower than expected next year. Could be hard for the Warriors to keep Iggy next yr when they have to pay Curry and KD.

The NBA's projection for the 2017-18 season has fallen from $107 million to $102 million, filing story shortly at @BBallInsiders

Bread

Banned
You forgot to add McD, who shot 42% from 3. I don't get the complaints about the shooting. Where was the great shooting for the Heat last year? Hell, Rondo shot better than Dragic from 3 on an identical number of made 3's per game.
Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, Joe Johnson, and Bosh

Misterhbk

Cmw6QLvVUAELmTq.jpg:large

It's Lit!!

spyder_ur

The league cited the insufferability of Bam Bam according to my sources. Not sure if they're reliable, though.

Sounds legit.

In all seriousness, this is another bad sign for a lockout next year. Based on that Basketball Insiders article, this may have been the single best year to be a FA.

C'mon Danny make things interesting and work a trade dammit..

Take Boogie and Gay if you have to.

Honestly, with the way the East has opened up this offseason, I think the Celts are the second or third best team. I'm totally fine with them riding it out this year with the current roster (assuming Amir and Jonas come back today)

Any deal they pushed for now would likely be bad value - there will be more options and available information at the deadline.

Top Bottom