• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I can't speak for Wade but it seems the reason he left based on all the reports is that he felt "disrespected" that Miami didn't up their offer to 3 years. I don't blame them for not putting Wade on the books for 3 years.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes.

(according to Dan LeBatard)

I think he did want the heat to offer more......however its obvious he wanted to play in Chicago as well

Denver offered even more than the bulls did with the same deal......I wonder if hes going to retire in his hometown

edit: I just realized this was Wade's most efficient playoff performance in 4 years....wow.....

The only tipping point for him to re-sign with Miami was getting that third year. Whether he's using the "disrespect" thing to justify leaving without putting any blame on himself, I don't know. As a Heat fan, I feel no ill will. He's free to do what he wants to do.

ViciousDS

Banned
The only tipping point for him to re-sign with Miami was getting that third year. Whether he's using the "disrespect" thing to justify leaving without putting any blame on himself, I don't know. As a Heat fan, I feel no ill will. He's free to do what he wants to do.

which is weird since he is a 1+1 from what I was reading

which is weird since he is a 1+1 from what I was reading

It seems to me, just assuming, that he made a demand he knew the Heat wouldn't match so he could use the disrespect angle to leave while blaming the organization. I feel pretty sure that after next season, Wade and LeBron are going to opt out and play together somewhere.

ViciousDS

Banned
It seems to me, just assuming, that he made a demand he knew the Heat wouldn't match so he could use the disrespect angle to leave while blaming the organization. I feel pretty sure that after next season, Wade and LeBron are going to opt out and play together somewhere.

bulls all have short term contracts atm it seems.....I think the bulls seriously would have enough cap for next season for Lebron.....that would be awkward as fuck lol.

The guy who eliminated us single handedly every year in the playoffs basically joinswith Wade and wins us a chip

CmxfOZuWEAErMxY.jpg

Gigglepoo

How many chips have you guys won?

It's fine if your goal is to be competitive, but many people want to see their team be title contenders. You win by drafting your players and the most efficient way of drafting players is by having good draft picks.

Using championships as the only measure of success doesn't work in the NBA. Small market teams almost never win so I would be miserable if I thought every season that passes without hoisting a trophy is lost.

But they have been on the cusp throughout the last two decades. They have been serious title contenders. Unfortunately, the margin for error is so slim with small market teams. The Pacers were the best team in 1999. There was a lockout. They lost to the Knicks in the ECF on a fluke 4-point play. The Pacers were the best team in 2004. Artest ran into the crowd. Two title chances gone.

They've been so close, though. It was only a couple years ago we were pushing the Heat in the ECF. They built a perennial contender without ever tanking. One of these years, they'll have a break go our way, but they're staying relevant so when that happens, they can reap the rewards.

Being competitive every season and consistently bubbling up to title contender is much better than purposely losing and hope you luck into a great player.

Any teams in the East seem like they improved dramatically this off-season? Pacers adding Thad Young, Al Jefferson, and Teague isn't bad...maybe that'll give Cavs some trouble? Magic got kinda weird with a Vucevic, Biyambo, Ibaka frontcourt. Wonder how that's gonna work.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Do people not watch basketball or just the stats or highlights?

Bulls getting both Rondo and Wade makes no basketball sense. This will definetly keep the team interesting, but this makes little sense on the court.

Rondo can't shoot! Defenders will back of him like always. Guess what? Wade can't shoot either from long range, butler is better but still not good enough to make up for the rest of the guys.

The middle of the floor is going to be so damn clogged unless you McDermott in. Niko was average last year so who knows withi him. Maybe Valentine works out or something.

This was the perfect year to suck! You're not beating the cavs or warriros and its one of the best draft classes in years.

If you play a 2-3 zone on the Bulls they are already dead.

1. Warriors
ohhh.png

2. Spurs
5I5s8.png

3. Clippers
manny.png

4. Trailblazers
yeshrug.png

5. Grizz
ehh3.png

6. Jazz
dwill.png

7. Thunder
sabu.png

8. Texas team that's not from SA
flabbynsick.png

East is still better. Better in a sense of closer games.. Not in quality of basketball being put out.
I hope Pels make it in the playoffs. AD in last years was lit.

Any teams in the East seem like they improved dramatically this off-season? Pacers adding Thad Young, Al Jefferson, and Teague isn't bad...maybe that'll give Cavs some trouble? Magic got kinda weird with a Vucevic, Biyambo, Ibaka frontcourt. Wonder how that's gonna work.
Knicks.

Noah
Zingis,
Melo,
??
Rose.

At least 4th seed. I like Hornacek as a coach.

ViciousDS

Banned

Pacers definitely improved.

Sifl

The Knicks improved a lot just because they got an upgrade at point guard. Unfortunately our whole starting lineup besides Porzingis and Lee will probably be in wheelchairs by game 2.

The Knicks improved a lot just because they got an upgrade at point guard. Unfortunately our whole starting lineup besides Porzingis and Lee will probably be in wheelchairs by game 2.

Last year, they had a point guard who played in games, though.

But the Knicks won the offseason by signing Marshall Plumlee..

spyder_ur

I mean the Celtics got the second best FA available, drafted at #3 and aren't losing anyone off a young roster.

In terms of immediate improvement, I definitely do think the Knicks and Pacers will be in the playoffs. The Nets (sadly) will be more competent I think.

Losers? Miami is obviously one. I think Charlotte takes a bit of a hit - I'm not sure they made any wrong decisions, but they lost 3 quality guys. Hawks are weaker.

spyder_ur

Anyone heard anything on Born Ready? How much did that dude cost himself the last two years? He's 25 and should have been getting paid this offseason. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him as a wing backup on the Celtics. They probably don't have the roster space though and an extra big is a bigger need.

Cornbread78

Anyone heard anything on Born Ready? How much did that dude cost himself the last two years? He's 25 and should have been getting paid this offseason. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him as a wing backup on the Celtics. They probably don't have the roster space though and an extra big is a bigger need.

Would be a good 2/3 wing player for them. I would take him or Crabbe, plus a big.

Boogy would be my #1, attitude and all..

spyder_ur

Would be a good 2/3 wing player for them. I would take him or Crabbe, plus a big.

Boogy would be my #1, attitude and all..

Yeah - I would too - but Crabbe is going to take real money to sign and Boogie is Boogie.

Lance doesn't seem to have any market at all. He and Mayo should've been signing $50M deals. Sad stuff - at least Lance got paid 3 years ago.

If anyone thought this years NBA free agency was crazy wait until next year

here is a list of some of the free agents or potential free agent for next season

Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, and Lebron James.

Top Bottom