• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Misterhbk

image_zpsdeqxs4rh.jpeg

Yaaaaassssss

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Delly gone.
Fred McLeod ‏@CavsFredMcLeod 2m2 minutes ago

Cavs have completed a deal with Milwaukee for Delly...getting 6'9 forward Albert Miralles and a $4.8m dollar trade exception..

Who is Albert Miralles, you ask? Good question. He apparently is a 34 year old Euroleague journeyman, by all indications. Drafted by Toronto in 2004, he has never come over. The useful thing in this deal is the trade exception, the player won't be on the roster.

Servbot24

Banned
What are the Vegas odds on Westbrook winning MVP? Seems like a pretty good bet if the Thunder don't trade him.

Dunno Vegas odds but that would be my bet. Curry and Durant won't get it when they're together. LeBron isn't going to try in the off season. Gonna be Russ or a black horse like Davis or George.

pislit

I have this feeling that the Mavs will have a better record than the Knicks and Bulls.

And my Bucks wont make it to the playoffs lol horrible

jbug617

Banned
Inside story of the Celtics meeting with Durant
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...evin-durant/5VP57EiEA5FHnxc81yU5eP/story.html

How they got Brady
“Tom and I are close. We’ve talked many times before. So I called Tom and talked with him and exchanged texts in preparation for our meeting with KD Saturday. Tom only had one day off in Boston. He’d been with his family in Costa Rica and we’d been exchanging messages while he was there. On Friday, July 1, he got back into town and I said, ‘I think we have a meeting with KD, can you come with us?’ and he said he wasn’t sure. Finally he said, ‘Yeah, I can do it. That would be fun.’

The meeting
“First Tom and Kevin greeted each other. They had met each other before. Tom’s a big fan of KD’s. Then we sat down fairly quickly and got down to business. Tom talked a little bit about the Celtics and Boston and what it’s like as a city and how they embrace sports.

“After we talked for a while, the players all went and talked among themselves. Tom, Kevin, and all of our players. They went off to talk without any of us or any agents or representatives from the team. It was just our players and KD and Tom, talking and asking questions. Maybe they had questions about us, maybe they had questions about Brad. I don’t have any idea what was discussed among the players. That went on for about 45 minutes while we sat inside just shooting the breeze asking questions to one another in the house.

“After that, the players came back and sat down and we had more discussions about Boston and what’s good about it. We went back to our sales pitch. KD had a few questions. He was obviously well-prepared and well-schooled and very knowledgable about everything Boston, which was very impressive.

“After that, all the players, including our players and Tom, were dismissed. They went to the airport. Tom flew back with all of our players, an hour and a half before we did. Then it was just Brad, Steve, Wyc, and myself with KD and his agent, his father, and one more friend of his. We just talked basketball for an hour and a half. We talked about how we’d utilize him. We had some videos. Brad did a magnificent job in his presentation and just talking basketball. I think it went really well, and when we left that meeting we felt we were in legitimate contention to get him.

Celtics felt they had a good shot at him but knew it was going to be hard to beat GSW for him. Wyc felt that KD was not going to go back to OKC.

spyder_ur

Watching heat - Pistons. Ellenson looks kinda bad. I know he has skills, but I'm just not sure what he does well exactly. And he's getting killed defensively.

Stanley Johnson is a man though. So smooth.

Cornbread78

Its a good deal and picking up the option essentially means the C's arent going to overpay some middling free agent.

Oh, I know, but I still want a big name like Boogie instead, lol. Easy contract to trade away to balance those trade budgets, lol.

why is it not a good sign? what else would they do with the cap space

$12m for one year is a good value with this market, and we need the rebounding.

Like I said above, it's a great value yes, but I want a bigger name there, lol. Call it selfishness..

There's some ppl at my workplace that's saying GS ain't going to work out. "Too many ppl need the ball."

Uh not really. KD isn't going to be putting up 27 shots a game. He left OKC because he didn't want to be putting up 27 shots a game. Steph and Klay don't even need the ball in there hands. Hell, you pass then the ball and its in the rim seconds later. Draymond ain't even looking for shots. GS has the potential to be the most efficient team ever.

spyder_ur

Picking up that was a given the moment didn't sign here was a given. If anything, it makes a trade more likely than not since they'll have contracts to deal.

I assume we'll hear about Jerebko soon too but it's weird they didn't announce them both at one time.

I know - 'summer league lol', 'midget guard who can't shoot' - but Rozier is showing me a ton in Salt Lake. He gets by his defender any time he wants to - just needs to improve his timing and decision making a bit. He's also a pesky defender and has a knack for scoring. Reminds me of Jamal Crawford a bit, though he's not as good a shooter.

Jackson played his best half too.

spyder_ur

Kyle Anderson seems like he would be a real motherfucker to play against. Old man Y game for days.

Murray is lightning quick.

Dancing Bear is the best.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Holy Fuck

Lmfao

Just listened to Lebatard today and Dan came in on his day off cause of the news.

Meanwhile Stugotz is "hiking" in the Rockies, doesn't offer to come on his own show, but randomly appears on Sportscenter this morning to spit his hot take.

So the shipping container call him up at Dan's request, and Jorge Sedano backs up over Stugotz twice.

First Gotz was supposed to do the show while Dan was gone, but he randomly canceled at the last minute and then didn't respond to calls or texts.

Then Jorge said the only reason Sportscenter even called Stugotz to talk about Wade this morning was cause Jorge turned down the gig to do fucking Stugotz's radio show he bailed on.

Lmfao

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's some ppl at my workplace that's saying GS ain't going to work out. "Too many ppl need the ball."

Uh not really. KD isn't going to be putting up 27 shots a game. He left OKC because he didn't want to be putting up 27 shots a game. Steph and Klay don't even need the ball in there hands. Hell, you pass then the ball and its in the rim seconds later. Draymond ain't even looking for shots. GS has the potential to be the most efficient team ever.

have they even watched GS play? lol there's a reason why people think this trade is fucked up for the league in regards to competition and kd's legacy.

spyder_ur

I wanted them to bring up Zizic. I think rebounding is going to bad for the Celtics and have done nothing to address their size.

Well except for signing the best big man free agent. But yeah - rebounding is a slight concern though I'm not that worried about it. I still expect some big man depth to be signed though.

I did think that Zizic had a better chance of coming over than Tabu, based on what I had read.

I read today that Deyonta Davis has foot concerns, which was probably a factor in his fall in the draft. Bummer.

Tom Penny

Well except for signing the best big man free agent. But yeah - rebounding is a slight concern though I'm not that worried about it. I still expect some big man depth to be signed though.

I did think that Zizic had a better chance of coming over than Tabu, based on what I had read.

I read today that Deyonta Davis has foot concerns, which was probably a factor in his fall in the draft. Bummer.

Horford hasn't been a great rebounder in years. He averaged under 3 against the Cavs which is laughable and pathetic. Fat ass was a much better rebounder last year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Horford IS a big upgrade for the Celtics over what they had last season down low.

Separately and also true

Horford is slightly overrated due to being good during the regular season and a good teammate. The previous two seasons he's folded in the playoffs against the Cavs.

Take that as you will.

spyder_ur

Horford hasn't been a great rebounder in years. He averaged under 3 against the Cavs which is laughable and pathetic. Fat ass was a much better rebounder last year.

You said they didn't address their size.

I've written it before but I think Horford's rebounding decline is a bit more based on Coach Bud's system. We'll see though. Like I said, I think it's a concern, but not a huge one. Sully could still come back too.

You said they didn't address their size.

I've written it before but I think Horford's rebounding decline is a bit more based on Coach Bud's system. We'll see though. Like I said, I think it's a concern, but not a huge one. Sully could still come back too.

Also gotta remember that Millsap came and started to steal rebounds from Horford. Another thing is that Bud's system is that the bigs just box out and the wings go for the rebound.

Horford COULD be a 18/10 guy for the Celtics but I think 7 rebounds per game is more realistic.

And Tristan Thompson owns his soul.

Top Bottom