• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
shaq never averaged 30ppg, there's no fuckin way okafor does.

It's very very very unlikely, and he'd need probably the perfect setup to do it and he'd need to develop into literally an all time elite scorer to do it. The odds are so absolutely slim that it's not worth even throwing out there like that one guy did, but it could possibly happen.

Not sure why you think bigs are going to be up on Simmons. They will likely back of him like Rondo and Rubio.

scrubs in the summer league are doing it so i'm sure the nba level defenders will too

Simmons can score inside alot better then Rondo could because he's 6'10". Imagine a 6'10" Rondo at 19 and that's what Simmons is, except Simmons doesnt have the mental issues like Rondo does and Simmons can play defense.

spyder_ur

Is Saric coming over? Wouldn't he be costing himself a lot of money by locking into his rookie scale?

The Spurs piss me off. They take Murray with the 29th pick and he's probably going to be good.

He was a dynamo is transition. He's probably going to be awesome.

Cm2jbzTXYAAqTin.jpg

Jarate

Banned
Is Saric coming over? Wouldn't he be costing himself a lot of money by locking into his rookie scale?

He has said multiple times in press conferences, and talking to the team. This guy wanted to play in the NBA like 2 years ago, but he couldnt do it due to his team not letting him essentially. It's basically his dream to play in the NBA, which you cant really put a price on.

Plus if he joins this year, the sixers are still like 30 mil under the cap floor, and i dont see them spending anymore money on free agents (who else is out there, only player theyve had any link to was Rudy Fernandez, and he said he wouldnt come) That's an extra 2 mil for everyone right there.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm gonna miss Speights. Sucks that he went to the Clips.

I'm hoping this means the Warriors have something else brewing if they let Speights walk for the minimum?

Hitta93

Banned
thats even better lol

Boy they really overrated the Rockets. The most disappointing team of 2015-16, no doubt. With the talent on that squad they really should not have been fighting for a 8 seed.

The team had the talent to challenge the West, it just imploded.

thats even better lol

Boy they really overrated the Rockets. The most disappointing team of 2015-16, no doubt. With the talent on that squad they really should not have been fighting for a 8 seed.

I remember reading Harden basically just spent the offseason partying with Khloe and came back completely out of shape. I wonder how much of that was true.

Jon

Haha, yeah there is likely no way Okafor could average 30 PPG, but I am just saying out of all our players, he has the best touch at the rim. So if we ran a P&R to the tune of Stockton and Malone, with that usage rate, he could get 30 PPG. I don't think that's ever going to happen, but it'd be fun to watch.

Cornbread78

So, after next season, do Wade, LeBron and Chris Paul all sign in New York to create the banana boat team?

Totally expecting some nonsense lihe that next year with so many star vet FA's hitting the market.. all the "ringless" ones will band together..

Boogy and Gay

Boogy starts at 5, Gay 6th man paired with Smart, Brown, Oly and Amir. Pretty solid 2nd team. Jackson at pg if Smart goes in the trade.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Mannnnn we could get a France/Canada finals in one of the Olympic qualifier tournaments. That game could be great.

(If you find Summer League boring or if your team plays late, the Olympic qualifying tournaments have been fun)

Jarate

Banned
Mannnnn we could get a France/Canada finals in one of the Olympic qualifier tournaments. That game could be great.

(If you find Summer League boring or if your team plays late, the Olympic qualifying tournaments have been fun)

Canada gonna get rekt

Jarate

Banned
BTW, speaking of the Olympic qualifier tournament, apparently Dario Saric was the main defender against Giannis, and held Giannis to 3/14 shooting and 9 points, meanwhile, Saric scored 16 points and had 8 rebounds in a big win for Croatia over Greece.

If Saric can guard Giannis, I could easily see him playing the 3. If he can play the 3 this year, this lineup is gonna be nasty as shit.

I had a dream Derick Rose was on the Hawks and I was at the game. He was getting bossed around and was visibly upset by how bad he was doing.

I don't even like Derrick rose like that. Weird.

Jarate

Banned
After his comments earlier in the week about the matchup with Giannis, who he said will be an All-Star, he guarded him most of the game and held him to 3-14 shooting, just 9 points and +/- of -6. Giannis had 4 assists but also 6 turnovers.

Dario finished with 16 points on 6-11 shooting, 8 rebounds, and a +/- of +11.
quoted from reddit

Saric called out Giannis too which is even better. Love this guy, he's gonna fit right into Philly

Imagine if we actually were mad enough to unleash tall ball on the league

Top Bottom