• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

megalowho

I wonder if the Raptors pursue him. Celtics-GAF what do you think? He is a decent PF?
He's not bad. Can get boards, throws his butt around inside, has some post moves, hits jump shots. Not sure if he's a reliable player, fell out of the rotation early this year and had a bad playoffs, but he can fill a role with the occasional big game.

Tubobutts

It was nice to see Nance bringing the ball up the court in the game yesterday. I hope that and a better 3 point shot become part of his game.

AcridMeat

Banned
I haven't been around this thread to comment on Warriors dealings.

1. Zaza was exactly who I wanted
2. FUCK NO TO RAY ALLEN AND LARRY SANDERS PLEASE GOD NO
3. sign more bigs or we're fucked

Dude is a headcase. I'm already not sure how the chemistry is going to be with KD, adding in Sanders is just asking for trouble in the locker room.

you can probably get him for super cheap and the Warriors have good enough chemistry/leadership that either he'll fit in or you cut him. Pretty high reward/low risk if you ask me. If he gets his shit together he's an elite rim protector.

AcridMeat

Banned
you can probably get him for super cheap and the Warriors have good enough chemistry/leadership that either he'll fit in or you cut him. Pretty high reward/low risk if you ask me. If he gets his shit together he's an elite rim protector.
But I'd rather they put the effort into somebody who will definitely be with them in the postseason.

They don't need bigs for the regular season, and a flameout experiment isn't going to help.

I agree, there's upside to it if he gets his shit together, but that's a huge if.

Tom Penny

Celtics renounce the rights of Jared Sullinger. He is now a FA

Yay. Jaylen Brown and Smart or KO are going to be the whipping boys now with fat ass gone. It's unfortunate. Sully is a very skilled player. I'm not sure how at the pro level you can half ass your physical condition. All you do is lose $$$ and that's exactly what he's doing.

I liked what I saw from Zack Auguste last night. Good hustle big and he seemed competent defensively. Hope they keep him around at the D-League level.

DMczaf

Remember that summer when Konex was hyping up Tierre Brown because he was averaging 12.6 pts/game in the summer league?

Sandfox

Dude is a headcase. I'm already not sure how the chemistry is going to be with KD, adding in Sanders is just asking for trouble in the locker room.
IIRC the problem with Sanders was that he grew tired of Basketball and had other interests rather than being a headcase.
Secretly record them and release it online.
ESPN actually hated him before that. Wil on for example hates him because he's a big Byron guy and media was putting them against each other. He was calling Russell a "little punk" early in the season.

Hitta93

Banned
"According to USA Today Sports, the Warriors gave Durant a VR headset to show him the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, a courtside view at Oracle Arena and a look at coach Steve Kerr talking to his players in the locker room, so he could envision himself being there. The VR footage was accompanied by Drake and Future’s “Big Rings,” the Warriors theme song, which, incidentally, include the lyrics, “Oh you switchin’ sides? Wanna come with me?”
Lol.

Two Words

I haven't been around this thread to comment on Warriors dealings.

1. Zaza was exactly who I wanted
2. FUCK NO TO RAY ALLEN AND LARRY SANDERS PLEASE GOD NO
3. sign more bigs or we're fucked
Yeah when I think of a playoff rotation roster of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Zaza Pachula, Andre Iguadala, Shaun Livingston, and David West, the only word that comes to mind to describe it is "fucked".....Lets be honest here, folks. This team really needs a couple more pieces or else it's fucked.

Hitta93

Banned
A when I think of a playoff rotation roster of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Zaza Pachula, Andre Iguadala, Shaun Livingston, and David West, the only word that comes to mind to describe it is "fucked".....Lets be honest here, folks. This team really needs a couple more pieces or else it's fucked.

Small lineup is small.

Two Words

Small lineup is small.
Klay, Durant and Draymond are all long/big for their position. They can each slide up one to play up to bigger teams. Zaza and West can easily fill up center minutes. So they don't have a dominant center position. Them being average on a single position doesn't make them "fucked".

Hitta93

Banned
Klay, Durant and Draymond are all long/big for their position. They can each slide up one to play up to bigger teams. Zaza and West can easily fill up center minutes. So they don't have a dominant center position. Them being average on a single position doesn't make them "fucked".

There's reason for concern. West at C isn't happening either.

Fjordson

Not too worried about the center for the Dubs. There's no dominant big man today that could punish them. Maybe Boogie if he was on a good team, but that's all I can think of. Or KAT, though hopefully they're still a year or two off from contending.

I do think they could use another body just to soak up regular season minutes, though. With Draymond coming off of the the finals and then the Olympics it'd be good to not have to play him at center too much before the playoffs.

jbug617

Banned
Good news for the C's fans.

Portland matched Crabbe offer sheet and speculation is that Miami is going to match Johnson's offer.

Kevtones

Glad we kept Crabbe. Getting Leonard for 4/41 makes the Mosgov signing just that much worse.

Going to be a crazy logjam in the post though. Sad we're probably losing Harkless although a trade is a total possibility.

I like Sullinger on Portland actually.

Glad we kept Crabbe. Getting Leonard for 4/41 makes the Mosgov signing just that much worse.

Going to be a crazy logjam in the post though. Sad we're probably losing Harkless although a trade is a total possibility.

I like Sullinger on Portland actually.

Wait so Portland paid Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe?
What?

nillah

Banned
Warriors sign a bunch of fake tough guys and the Land contemplating on trading Love.

You keep LOVE if you even want to sniff another championship ring.

Lil dubs got to wear those Shirt jerseys more often.!

Top Bottom