• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarrett Jack to the Hawks. Was a huge fan of his at GaTech (was a big Tech fan because of Calvin Johnson). Don't know how much he has left in the tank but I remember him killing us in the playoffs 2 years ago lol. And that one season with the Warriors.

Fjordson

Guy picking his spots. Didn't he do that with the Spurs?
He was on the Spurs, but got waived before going to the Clips. Was his last team. Also won a title in SA, but that was in 2003.

Doubt he makes the team. Always hard to see guys who have been totally out of the league coming back successfully. Especially when they're nearing 40.

Jarrett Jack to the Hawks. Was a huge fan of his at GaTech (was a big Tech fan because of Calvin Johnson). Don't know how much he has left in the tank but I remember him killing us in the playoffs 2 years ago lol. And that one season with the Warriors.
Think he can still be solid as a backup.

He was pretty dope for the Warriors that year. Especially closing games next to Curry.

spyder_ur

The Jaylen Brown experience:
-Draws a foul on a hard if wild drive
-Awesome block on Chriss
-Immediately turns it over

Booker might score 40 on Hunter.

spyder_ur

Will it be like Jeff Green all over again?

How so? Celts didn't really develop Green. Green's issue to me always seemed to be that he was kind of passive. Brown is certainly not that, but he's also less skilled.

Yabu is legit though. He's got real skills.

Damn - Brown defending Chriss well and blocking Booker on back to back plays. Impressive.

Tubobutts

Will it be like Jeff Green all over again?
Nothing wrong with Jeff Green.

giphy.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Tyus Jones seems to be playing well in SL, I wonder if he'll get on the Wolvs roster at the start of the season or be another 2nd half edition like last year. Kid really should have stayed for this years draft, he probably would have gone 1st round as weak as it was.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Was never his style but I wish he announced he was retiring at some point last season. Best player of his era deserved a better sendoff than what he got.

ThisOne

The differences between his final season and Kobe's, in regards to fanfare, etc., Is staggering. Guess that's kinda how his whole career was. I love Karl Malone but you can't deny Tim Duncan was the best PF of all time.

His rivalry vs Lakers in his prime was one of the most iconic basketball memories I have growing up. Don't tell me not once you never tried thinking that you're Timmy and you rolling up a piece of paper and then banking it to swish the trash. We've all had those moments lol.

Ginobili should do the most humane thing for himself and be a family man from this point on.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I saw this coming but it's still not sinking in.

If KD signed, Tim would stay to play the 5. That didn't pan out.
They sign Pau for a lot of money to take over TD's starting spot. They don't sign Pau, Tim plays another season.
Can't really afford to have TD Pau or LMA coming off the bench although none of them are a true center.

Then it was Parker's face yesterday before the game with Canada where he looked sad. I think he knew or just found out.

I wouldn't be opposed if Tim got released and went to play for the Warriors for 1 season.

Fjordson

From a defense attorney affiliated with Fox Sports (tweets)

From my perspective as a criminal defense attorney, this isn't that big of a deal based upon what I've read thus far

1) He was arrested & "cited out" meaning a bond/bail was not posted. He was issued an "order to appear." This means the conduct of the Defendant (Green) was not aggressive enough for him to be held in custody or even make bail.

2. When a person gets cited out it's typically for a low level misdemeanor.
So I would expect there are no serious injuries

Also it appears the "City Attorney" is handling this matter. City Attorneys usually handle Misdemeanor matters

While District Attorney handle more serious Felony matters. Green's case will be prosecuted by a CITY ATTY = low level crime

At the worst he's going to get a slap on the wrist, probation + restitution + fine + community service.

Please note when a person gets charged/arrested the invention remains ongoing, so IF new facts come in circumstances can change obviously, including the charges and bail. But if the "story" remains the same I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it

Just hope it's not against a woman.

Misterhbk

Draymond got out of Michigan quick lol he's Currently in New York in a helicopter.

Edit:

Ethan Sherwood Strauss
ESPN Staff Writer

Asked the East Lansing PD about last night's incident involving Draymond Green: "We are confirming that Draymond Green was arrested for assault in our downtown business district early Sunday morning at around 2:30AM. The victim was a male. It was basically an altercation between two guys. There's no injuries. He was released with a 200 dollar bond on Sunday. And he's got 10 days to get arraigned and then prosecution will continue from there."

Police confirm that the establishment where the altercation occurred was Conrad's Grill in East Lansing.
NBA 2m

Fjordson

Asked the East Lansing PD about last night's incident involving Draymond Green: "We are confirming that Draymond Green was arrested for assault in our downtown business district early Sunday morning at around 2:30AM. The victim was a male. It was basically an altercation between two guys. There's no injuries. He was released with a 200 dollar bond on Sunday. And he's got 10 days to get arraigned and then prosecution will continue from there.

Phew.

Jarate

Banned
http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/1...lil-okafor-dario-saric-philadelphia-76ers-nba

Interesting article, and Saric would definitely be a good addition if he can hold up in a much tougher NBA. I think I'd rather have a tougher big guy in the middle to pair with Horford and Saric, unless they are just trying to keep the lane open for drives to the hoop by Bradley, Brown and Thomas. Easy kick-outs.

Saric seems like the guy who can fit onto any team, played great defense on whoever he was paired with (Giannis did horribly against him in the tourney, 3-14) and can shoot outside shots

He can easily play with Simmons and another big just like he can play the big, he's a versatile player.

Top Bottom