• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Draymond ...why?

I just saw the Thon Maker highlights.. He looks surprisingly adept at just being a hustle guy. Maybe we didn't give enough credit to Canadian prep competition.

spyder_ur

I'm not ruling out a full-on Draymond meltdown next year. There's this incident, then you will hear rumblings about him not being happy with his role in the offense. Then he will get suspended and the Warriors will go on a mini losing streak.

Tom Penny

Calling Sully Fat Ass was no exaggeration...That seems a bit ridiculous but possible.

Tom Halzack@TomHalzack

C. Maxwell says he was 330 lbs at end of yr last year. I wasn't going to repeat that until/unless he signed a deal. Could meet in play-offs

I had heard over 300 a bunch of times, I'm not sure I believed that and I'm pretty sure I don't believe 330+ he was fat but not quite that fat.

spyder_ur

Maker fouled out?

Impressive

Haha did he really? That's amazing. I was wondering what the point of having a foul out limit was if it's going to be unreachable. That shows me - nothing is impossible when Thon is around.

One foul for each of the US Presidents he has been alive for.

So the Heat has signed Willie Reed. He actually played for us in the Summer League last year and was pretty good. Apparently he had attitude problems, but with UD and Spo, we can probably work with him like we did with Whiteside.

Honestly with those two, Winslow, Richardson, and Tyler Johnson we have a decent and developing young core. If the Heat wanted, they could probably spend this season prepping for a rebuild and letting the young guys get more mileage. Even try to deal Dragic for some picks.

I know that goes against Riley's philosophies, but with Bosh likely to be forced to retire and Wade having bailed, the likelihood of a good playoff run is pretty much out of reach.

Zubac is the real deal. I have to eat crow on that pick. Really good touch for a big. His problem is going to be his defense as he doesn't seem super quick on his feet and teams will probably exploit that but you can tell he tries hard. He's going to give Mitch and co. a real interesting roster dilemma as we are already carrying 3 centers. Might do him good to start out in the D-league and get more consistent PT.

D-Lo is balling out too. Really like how aggressive he's being and I think he realizes how important that 3 point shot is for his game. HOpefully it's a good sign for the season.

Westlo

So the Heat has signed Willie Reed. He actually played for us in the Summer League last year and was pretty good. Apparently he had attitude problems, but with UD and Spo, we can probably work with him like we did with Whiteside.

Honestly with those two, Winslow, Richardson, and Tyler Johnson we have a decent and developing young core. If the Heat wanted, they could probably spend this season prepping for a rebuild and letting the young guys get more mileage. Even try to deal Dragic for some picks.

I know that goes against Riley's philosophies, but with Bosh likely to be forced to retire and Wade having bailed, the likelihood of a good playoff run is pretty much out of reach.

It's good to get Reed back, wanted him to hang around last year but it couldn't happen...

And we really need to drop off next year... no point being a treadmill team the season we actually get a first round pick.

Cornbread78

Man, these trade rumors for the Celts are killing me, there are two scenerios out there that seem pretty legit at this point and it's obvious Danny has been working the phones to bring in another name of two.

S1:
Sending Crowder and the Brooklyn pick out West to bring in Griffin:

Thomas
Bradley
Brown
Griffin
Horford

hmm.... I'm not feeling this very much.

S2:
2 trades
Sending a 1st/crowder to SAC for Gay (not sure who else to balance salary)

Sending a first and Smart to Phi for Okafor

Thomas
Bradley
Gay
Horford
Okafor...

In both trades, they would still keep next years Brooklyn pick.

Cornbread78

Trading Jae Crowder and a first round pick and getting back Rudy Gay would lead me to request that Danny Ainge be drug tested.

LOL, They need the scoring, but, if it is the Memphis pick next year or their own, it's not that bad... I'd have to look up what is left of Gay's contract...

Something is up with those teams either way. Danny must be working out a way to balance two trades here, to find out which is better,

Why does Ainge want Gay? Makes no sense , he's washed
And you are giving a pick, the fuck

Crowder x #3 for Griffen , sure why not , Ainge makes stupid draft picks and sure lets get some dunks

But gay? Lol

So the Hawks have 17 people on the roster right now. Who wants Splitter? Lol

Master Splitter beat prime LeBron 4-1 in the finals , get him warriors

Cornbread78

Why does Ainge want Gay? Makes no sense , he's washed
And you are giving a pick, the fuck

Crowder x #3 for Griffen , sure why not , Ainge makes stupid draft picks and sure lets get some dunks

But gay? Lol

Master Splitter beat prime LeBron 4-1 in the finals , get him warriors

No idea, those are a couple of the more common scenarios being thrown around fright now. Something is cooking either way.

Bread

Banned
I would not give up a 1st for Gay
I would not give up a Jae for Gay.
I do not want Rudy Gay
I do not like Rudy Gay.
I do not like him in a house.
I do not like him with a mouse.
I do not like him here or there.
I do not like him anywhere.

LOL, They need the scoring, but, if it is the Memphis pick next year or their own, it's not that bad... I'd have to look up what is left of Gay's contract...

Something is up with those teams either way. Danny must be working out a way to balance two trades here, to find out which is better,

Crowder is a better player than Gay though, and that's before you take their contracts into consideration. If the Celtics end up with Rudy Gay it will be because they had to eat his contract in order to get another player (DMC? Blake?). No good GM worth a shit actually wants Rudy Gay.

jmizzal

Thats what i'm hoping for, this upcoming draft is suppose to be stacked, and if the Heat can get a high pick that would be great.

I have a feeling Winslow is about the have a monster 2nd year, he was a good shooter in college and in the NBA shooting usually comes that 2nd year, he played his role great last year, I expect him and Richarson to break out big.

Top Bottom