• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

spyder_ur

Summer League tournament.
CnQwAPNUAAAiAhU.jpg:large

Celts-Lakers tomorrow if they win tonight.

That's like the opposite rankings of what I'd expect given where these teams are in their development.

spyder_ur

Huh? You thought our previous 2 draft classes are better than LAs?

Nah not exactly. I'm just saying I wouldn't expect perennial playoff teams and/or teams that haven't really had many notable draft picks recently like Raptors, Grizz, Nets, Wiz, Bulls to be ahead of teams like the Celts, Sixers, TWolves.

There's some internet chatter that Westbrook to Boston may happen sooner than later.

Any legit source? Woj must be on vacation or something. Or is it just the Beck report...

jbug617

Banned
So what, would Westbrook move over to the 2 with Isiah remaining the Point Guard?

depends on what happens with Bradley.

If Bradley stays, I could see Thomas coming off the bench (he was originally going to do that last year until Marcus Smart got hurt).

If Bradley goes, It's going to be Thomas and Westbrook.

depends on what happens with Bradley.

If Bradley stays, I could see Thomas coming off the bench (he was originally going to do that last year until Marcus Smart got hurt).

If Bradley goes, It's going to be Thomas and Westbrook.

Wouldn't IT be in the trade? OKC isn't just going t trade him for picks straight up

Yah I'm not convinced Randle should be labeled as potential superstar in the same way Russle and Ingram are. He can't do anything on offense except barrel to the rim. I think JC is a better player.

I agree however I think we should wait and see if Randle has improved this year like Nance and D'lo have.

Randle has a really nice first step for a PF but f he doesn't dramatically improve his jumper he's a rotation big at best. Offenses need 4s that can stretch and space the floor these days.

megalowho

Yes, the Celtics are totally desperate. They're in a terrible spot.
Exactly the reason if Ainge trades anything of significant value for a player that's keen on testing free agency next summer, even a special player, he fucked up. They don't need to make a hail mary gamble to satisfy thirsty fans with short term vision, they have a good thing brewing. Without an extension the risk is far too great.

Tom Penny

There's value to having a guy on your team when free agency hits. As much as we say no FAs come to Boston, no one really leaves either.

Besides, who could leave Brad Stevens?

I think Westbrook wants to start an ugly clothing brand and whatnot. It's on Ainge. I'd sure enjoy the year but if he bolted and we lost next years Nets pick it would be a disaster.

There's value to having a guy on your team when free agency hits. As much as we say no FAs come to Boston, no one really leaves either.

Besides, who could leave Brad Stevens?

Yes, the Celtics are totally desperate. They're in a terrible spot.

Tell that to Houston, Miami, OKC and Atlanta. Of the 5 superstars available this offseason 4 changed teams. I'm not so sure bird rights carry the value they used to, not when stars in their prime have no problem betting on themselves and taking an opt out after a season or two so they can cash in regardless. It's why the sign and trade is nearly dead too.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Given the circumstances I still think what David Blatt did was remarkable, coming in straight to the game and leading a team to the championship which leaves me wondering why the dude doesn't have a nice position on a roster by now

He looked in over his head and was afraid to challenge superstars

Lebron was the real coach anyway

Hitta93

Banned
Tell that to Houston, Miami, OKC and Atlanta. Of the 5 superstars available this offseason 4 changed teams. I'm not so sure bird rights carry the value they used to, not when stars in their prime have no problem betting on themselves and taking an opt out after a season or two so they can cash in regardless. It's why the sign and trade is nearly dead too.

Houston's in a bad spot?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the darkest week in san antonio spurs history capped off by losing to the 24th seed in the playoffs.

FUCK

Tubobutts

hmm, I'm not sure why CLE would do that (unless they only care about winning in the immediate future I guess).

Point guard shuffle.

Definitely not happening though.
Cp3 is LeBron's banana boat bro. But I can't see them doing it either with what happened in the finals.

Wow this D League team is getting killed.

xHiryu

Westbrook to the Celtics sounds dope on paper, if I was Ainge I would try my ass off to keep Crowder, Brown and Bradley tho. A lineup of YNB/Bradley/Crowder/???/Horford sounds beastly on defense. As an NBA fan we're in for a great season fam. The NBA has fucking changed, now to find cheap tickets to MSG to watch Rose and Noah.

drakedrakekekadk.gif

There are now rumors (or wishful thoughts) of a 3-way:

Irving->OKC
CP3->CLE
YNB->LAC

That sounds terrible

spyder_ur

I think Westbrook wants to start an ugly clothing brand and whatnot. It's on Ainge. I'd sure enjoy the year but if he bolted and we lost next years Nets pick it would be a disaster.

Exactly the reason if Ainge trades anything of significant value for a player that's keen on testing free agency next summer, even a special player, he fucked up. They don't need to make a hail mary gamble to satisfy thirsty fans with short term vision, they have a good thing brewing. Without an extension the risk is far too great.

I've said that before. Obviously you'd be far more willing to give up more with a commitment from the player. Both sides know that.

I think the Celtics are the opposite of desperate though.

I'm not going to assume that this summer is the new normal; what we saw was basically unprecedented with good teams having cap space. Already the cap has been adjusted downward $5M next year (from pervious estimates) before we even touch on any CBA negotiations, where I think we will have a lockout.

I could be totally wrong though and this could be the way the NBA goes for the next decade.

spyder_ur

Yabu seems so much more comfortable out there - he was a little lost in terms of positioning in his first couple games in Salt Lake. He's so nimble. It seems like he has a good shot at making the 15-man roster too; Zizic is officially spending next season overseas.

pislit

I'm just looking forward to next season. I'm honestly optimistic about the Rockets making a good recovery.

But the main thing is that the Rockets season next year will, at the very least, be entertaining, whether they soar or epicly crash and burn

You have to watch next season's Bulls games if you watch the Rockets to maintain basketball balance.

Top Bottom