• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

spyder_ur

This means I don't have to watch any more summer league, right?

Brown was good tonight. Rozier is the big takeaway from summer league for me along with Yabu.

Also the refs called 60 fouls in a summer league game. Ridiculous.

If Westbrook is going to the Celtics jaylem brown is gone

I'd trade Brown and then every Brooklyn pick ever, the rights to Billy King's soul, AB0, Thomas, my first born, Amelia Vega, Michael Kopech, my left nut, Dan Shaughnessy and my glorious Rondo jersey for Westbrook. That's how rationally I'm viewing this.

There are now rumors (or wishful thoughts) of a 3-way:

Irving->OKC
CP3->CLE
YNB->LAC

LeGM would be the biggest dummy to want this trade to happen

Again, had they lost 4-1 both Love X Irving would have been traded by now since they would have lost at full strength and in fewer games

But since they had the comeback they will at least keep them together for another season or two

Smh warriors, we almost saw GameCube $100 level panic by LeBron James

Celtics would have had this starting line up

Thomas
Westbrook
TBD
Love
Hortford

:eek:

Duxxy3

I'm already happy with Boston's back court.

I don't really want Westbrook. Especially for what the Thunder will ask for, and more so because it's just a rental.

I'm more interested in a trade with the sixers for one of their bigs.

jbug617

Banned
Sporting News C's Info
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...2d2t89z?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The likely target for the Celtics, according to front-office sources, is Clippers forward Blake Griffin. The Clippers have been weighing trading Griffin all season , and the possibility of a three-team package involving Sacramento sending Rudy Gay to the Clippers has emerged. The Celtics would give up some number of their upcoming draft picks, but opposing front-office members say they don't want to give up either Brooklyn pick Boston can own in the next two years.

The Clippers have 31-year-old point guard Chris Paul on hand, and league sources have said that if the Clippers move Griffin — a move that Clippers coach and front-office head Doc Rivers is reluctant to make — they will want a deal that involves draft picks and a frontline star who can keep them in Western Conference contention.

I would give up the 2018 Brooklyn pick and young players for Griffin. Not sure if that is enough for Doc though.

The other rumors is Westbrook but the C's have not reached out to his people. There is also Kevin Love talks but probably won't happen since the Cavs won.

Jarate

Banned
This pretty much confirms Okafor or Noel is available now.... Someone has to swoop in for a trade..

Saric doesn't play Center though

He's another "big" but will most likely be a PF/SF mix. I don't think he does anything regarding the Sixer's trading of Nerlens or Okafor.

Also, I think they're going into the season with what they have. I think they're going to wait and see what happens with Embiid. Noel will probably come off the Bench unless he plays really well with Simmons.

Even more covetted than the MJ butt slap, our 2nd round pick (technically not our pick...we basically bought the rights to him and gave him a guaranteed contract), McCaw got the Jerry West seal of approval. Jerry West: 'People are gonna be sorry they didn't draft' McCaw

"He's got a gift to play the game," West declared. "He can really pass the ball, and he's a creative passer. And he can defend."

I watched spurts of Warriors summer league and McCaw definitely is long and really active defensively. Dude looks to have the potential to be a solid 3 and D guy at the very least.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 14m14 minutes ago

Free agent guard Randy Foye has agreed on a one-year deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 13h13 hours ago

Free agent guard Joe Harris has agreed to a deal with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Shams Charania Verified account ‏@ShamsCharania 39m39 minutes ago

Free agent Anthony Bennett has reached agreement on a two-year minimum deal with Brooklyn, sources tell The Vertical. First year guarantee.

0099_2bjto.gif

Jarate

Banned
Just a reminder that Billy King was allowed to be a GM for longer then Sam Hinkie

Just a reminder that one of the "league executives" that was quoted heavily was most likely Billy King, in relation to how awful Sam Hinkie was

Just a reminder that Billy King gutted an entire franchise, one that wont be relevant for another 3-5 years and gutted the Sixers pretty heavily

Just another reminder that Billy King competes for worst GM in NBA history

Fjordson

Even more covetted than the MJ butt slap, our 2nd round pick (technically not our pick...we basically bought the rights to him and gave him a guaranteed contract), McCaw got the Jerry West seal of approval. Jerry West: 'People are gonna be sorry they didn't draft' McCaw

I watched spurts of Warriors summer league and McCaw definitely is long and really active defensively. Dude looks to have the potential to be a solid 3 and D guy at the very least.
I've seen all of our SL games and McCaw looks nice. Solid from 3, good defense and he's had some dope finishes in transition.

qcf x2

I had his ceiling pegged as a Jrue Holiday type player with better defense. I really wanted the Pacers to pick him (and/or Bembry) but I can't be mad with our haul. We didn't really need another combo guard anyway. Not sure how McCaw will fit in GS as everything is based around long threes and that's not his game.

I had his ceiling pegged as a Jrue Holiday type player with better defense. I really wanted the Pacers to pick him (and/or Bembry) but I can't be mad with our haul. We didn't really need another combo guard anyway. Not sure how McCaw will fit in GS as everything is based around long threes and that's not his game.

Long quick defender with playmaking potential and can hit the open 3. West specifically noted that he was a good passer. I get the impression that he might be groomed to be Livingston's replacement.

None of these supposed Blake trades make any sense. Doc hates rookies so now he's going to move Blake for a Nets pick, Bradley and Amir?

Bread

Banned
"If it's not how you start the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas but how you finish it, that's good news for Jaylen Brown. The No. 3 overall pick of the 2016 NBA draft began poorly while coming back from a hyperextended knee suffered last week during the Utah Jazz Summer League. Over his past two games, Brown has shown why the Boston Celtics took him over several other promising prospects."
"Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics: A
After a slow start, Brown has been terrific the past two games, combining for 45 points and 19 rebounds. This was his best offensive game, as Brown's powerful drives to the basket allowed him to rack up 11 free throw attempts, including a late and-1 that helped keep the Celtics in the game. While he doesn't always finish around the rim, Brown frequently ends up putting back his own miss. (Five of his nine boards Wednesday were offensive.) And after getting beaten by his own aggressiveness early on, Brown has stayed more sound defensively."
We did it!

spyder_ur

These two plays gave me hope especially the first one were he didn't give up on the play. He can't shoot to save his life though...and fouls won't be coming that easy in the regular season.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That spin was so sweet. I also liked his offensive rebounds - gets up real quick for second chances.

Drawing fouls is a real skill - it won't be as ridiculous as summer league but he'll get to the line plenty.

Shot is obviously a problem, but I don't think it's broken. Apparently none of the rookies this year can shoot.

Top Bottom