• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Mortemis

Banned
Bench DLo, Ingram, and Zubac for tomorrow's game... not worth it. Playing Summer league in your second year is cute and all but the chances of injury are not worth it... especially with back to back games being involved. Sixers were smart to bench Simmons for their final two games.

They sounded like they wanted to win, not that SL matters but it's not like they can now. Yeah it'd be smart to sit them. Hope Nance is okay.

RedAssedApe

Banned
preview of kobe staples statue

CnYH2sVWEAAMX5I.jpg

Fistwell

14mil for the carcas of Manu Ginobili? Dunno, I love the guy, but if I'm the spurs I think I let him walk to Phili for that price. If he even ever intended to go in the first place.

random25

14mil for the carcas of Manu Ginobili? Dunno, I love the guy, but if I'm the spurs I think I let him walk to Phili for that price. If he even ever intended to go in the first place.

Sixers need some veteran presence there, especially someone with a championship pedigree just to rein in the young guys. I doubt Manu will even entertain the idea of leaving the Spurs until retirement though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What is Andre iggy talking about? Thunder deserved to win the championship they played the best.... Yet they loss? What am I missing here? I think this is a jedi mind trick for him to give Durant praise or something.

yeah ummm...strength in numbers...or something.

mjp2417

Banned
What is Andre iggy talking about? Thunder deserved to win the championship they played the best.... Yet they loss? What am I missing here? I think this is a jedi mind trick for him to give Durant praise or something.

OKC did mostly dominate that series in ways that Cleveland in the next round didn't. Golden St. couldn't really run anything resembling an offense within the 3pt line vs. OKC; their offense was basically reduced to Klay and Steph chucking 3's, but those 3's just happened to go in vs. the Thunder.

qcf x2

lol @ Iguodala basically saying Durant did not make the move to win. Good job AI. Not quite as bad as the gun comment but pretty dumb.

rambis

Banned
Lol just read that.

They fucking choked a 3-1 lead away. I don't know how they deserved anything but what they got. You would think he would realize this after GSW turned around and did the same thing lmao. Like does closing the deal mean anything anymore?

I had never minded GSW but this last playoffs has placed them atop my shit list.

Fjordson

"Deserve" to win is always a bit weird. The only team who "deserves" to win something is the one that actually does imo.

But I kinda get everything else he said. They played the Warriors tougher than anyone else I've seen the last two years.

Servbot24

Banned
Bench DLo, Ingram, and Zubac for tomorrow's game... not worth it. Playing Summer league in your second year is cute and all but the chances of injury are not worth it... especially with back to back games being involved. Sixers were smart to bench Simmons for their final two games.

Nah man, these guys scrimmage every day. If you get injured in summer league then you were gonna get injured in league play anyways.

"Deserve" to win is always a bit weird. The only team who "deserves" to win something is the one that actually does imo.

Luck is a major part of the game, and it's really hard to say that any team deserves luck more than another.

Fjordson

Ben Simmons is a lefty, right?

I'm watching some summer league highlights and he never finishes with his left...ever. All his floaters, layups, etc. are with his right hand only, but his jumper is with his left. I'm confused.

Ben Simmons is a lefty, right?

I'm watching some summer league highlights and he never finishes with his left...ever. All his floaters, layups, etc. are with his right hand only, but his jumper is with his left. I'm confused.

Maybe he's a righty and he doesn't realize it. Would explain the terrible shooting.

Tubobutts

what was his reasoning for skipping summer league?
He felt like it? I think he should have played.

And I know that because he did play those 14 minutes he is officially considered a third year player. But I don't know how you can count a year of being injured against his hypothetical progress.

Top Bottom