• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

my favorite thing about this core is that every single one of them actually tries on defense - and all but Russell have the potential to be a top player defensively at their position.

Ya done good, Mitch. Ya done good.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say Brown, Ingram and maybe Lance have the chance to be great defenders. Zubaz can probably be a good rim protector but he's going to end up being too slow footed and non-agile to not be exposed by great offenses on switches. D'Angelo has great length for his position but I doubt he'll be any kind of lockdown defender. I just hope he's not Harden bad.

Sandfox

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say Brown, Ingram and maybe Lance have the chance to be great defenders. Zubaz can probably be a good rim protector but he's going to end up being too slow footed and non-agile to not be exposed by great offenses on switches. D'Angelo has great length for his position but I doubt he'll be any kind of lockdown defender. I just hope he's not Harden bad.
Russell plays the passing lanes well and can guard his man 1 on 1, but he still needs to work on some other areas.

Mortemis

Banned

I don't think he'll be harden bad. A lot of his problems on defense are bball IQ related, not saying he'll be a lockdown defender or anything but he could be decent enough.

D'Angelo showin' up at Summer League like
cRc6EB.gif

El Topo

Supposedly Ainge, other Celtics executives and Isaiah Thomas are in San Diego for secret reasons.

I wonder if they use the NBA as an excuse to have some fun.
"Yeah honey, we're only here to persuade a free agent to join us."
"Danny, get in the hot tub!"
"Gotta go negotiate honey."

jmizzal

Samsung All-NBA Summer League 2016 First Team
Tyus Jones (Minnesota)
Jordan McRae (Cleveland)
Bobby Portis (Chicago)
Ben Simmons (Philadelphia)
Alan Williams (Phoenix)

Samsung All-NBA Summer League 2016 Second Team
Jaylen Brown (Boston)
Thon Maker (Milwaukee)
Kelly Oubre Jr. (Washington)
Normal Powell (Toronto)
Tyler Ulis (Phoenix)

spyder_ur

Tyus Jones (Minnesota)
Jordan McRae (Cleveland)
Bobby Portis (Chicago)
Alan Williams (Phoenix)

Jaylen Brown (Boston)
Thon Maker (Milwaukee)
Normal Powell (Toronto)
Tyler Ulis (Phoenix)

Thrilled to have it confirmed that Brown is better than Ingram. Portis was a man amongst boys in some of those games. McRae showed very well too, but he's much older.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I see Rubio moving on if Tyus is starting to get his NBA legs.
There is no way Tyus ever ends up as good as Rubio. He'll be an acceptable third PG on his rookie deal. I mean, it's Summer League so people should probably pump the brakes on wondering if Tyus is for real. I mean, Payne looks competent on occasion in SL.

Mavs went from falling for one terribly misguided hype train (Parsons) to another (Barnes).

Still cant believe a guy can get paid what he did for failing so miserably. He literally has no go to moves and has regressed as a defender lol.

Sandfox

Tyus Jones (Minnesota)
Jordan McRae (Cleveland)
Bobby Portis (Chicago)
Alan Williams (Phoenix)

Jaylen Brown (Boston)
Thon Maker (Milwaukee)
Normal Powell (Toronto)
Tyler Ulis (Phoenix)

These results are garbage lol.

I got a bad feeling about injuries this upcoming season. Dray and Klay have logged a crazy amount of minutes these past 3 seasons (not so much per game- but across the board). Both of them are iron men when it comes to health thus far.

rambis

Banned
I got a bad feeling about injuries this upcoming season. Dray and Klay have logged a crazy amount of minutes these past 3 seasons (not so much per game- but across the board). Both of them are iron men when it comes to health thus far.
They're both pretty young. But with the way GS would look tired at different points last postseason I don't think even more minutes is the answer.

Fjordson

Same. And even before the two straight finals Klay played on that FIBA team for that one tournament.

jbug617

Banned
The Brady hailmary almost worked

Kevin Durant on Tom Brady, "I was ready to just say, 'OK. Lets go.' It's great to be in the presence of such greatness. But at the same time I knew I could t let that distract me."

Jarate

Banned
This is why you were no longer needed in Philly.

Im sure if the actual hinkie did more of those type of jokes, he'd probably still be here. Philly sports media is in a god awful state right now, a lot of old people still stuck in spots that should be taken by younger more knowledgeable kids, and the only other people that have good jobs are hot take gen x'ers who reported multiple times that Saric wasnt coming over even after he said multiple times he was coming over, and then when grilled about those statements, he said Saric knew about the military coup and that's why he left, even though he left way before the military coup even happened (imagine the lives Saric wouldve saved if he shared that knowledge)
Our media hated Hinkie because he hardly ever talked to them, and who can blame him honestly? Our media actively tries to sabotage our team half the time.

Our sports radio is ace though

Im Sam Hinkie though, Trust the Process

Top Bottom