• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
6 more days till training camps start and only like 10 more days till the preseason starts

Does anyone know if the preseason games are covered in the NBA League Pass. Im going to invest in it this year to watch my Sixers. No way im gonna miss Simmons, Embiid, and Sarics first game.

That Giannis contract seems cheap.

Yes it is

5Ex4stD.png

This seems kind of surprising.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
5Ex4stD.png

He came back because of Flip. He was gonna be a part of an ownership group with Flip. They fired his friend who coached and played good soldier last year. Taylor is talking to new ownership groups that would leave KG out. He doesn't seem to like Thibs. Guessing he doesn't want to be there anymore.

He can't play but KAT looks up to him, He has a lot he can teach KAT. I hope he sticks around in some capacity to help mold Towns but that seems unlikely. I like freeing up his roster spot, but I don't want him gone because I was hoping he could continue to mentor Karl.

U2NUMB

5Ex4stD.png

Not at all.. saw an interview with Glen months ago and he was asked about KG and he was very up front that it was up to KG and KG had told him his leg was not good..

Grew up with KG.. born and raised here and just about his age.. so many amazing memories but it is time for The Big Ticket to retire and I hope help the team in other ways.

Reports: Chris Bosh Fails Physical Due To Complications From Blood Clotting

According to various local reports, Chris Bosh failed a pre-training camp physical after instances of clotting were discovered in his blood work. Per the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, the clotting is “believed to be related to one of two previous blood clot episodes” that forced Bosh to stop playing in each of the last two seasons.
Chris Bosh Has Escalated His PR Battle With The Miami Heat

Bosh has been publicly pressuring the Heat to allow him to return to the court, and was reportedly willing to file a grievance with the league through the player’s union if the team ultimately did not clear him. But according to Jackson, Bosh has accepted the results of the most recent physical as a legitimate setback in his desire to return:

Though it’s unclear if Bosh will attempt to play again, he is not expected to file a grievance with the union or push to return in the immediate future, amid this latest setback.

This sucks.

LeBatard just said Bosh isn't fighting this.

With that and Wade telling the AP he's got concerns about Bosh playing, it's starting to sound like his career is ending. This one hurts.

Ninjimbo

Seems like Wade made the right move leaving.
Depends on where the Bulls end up this year. With Wade the Heat could have made the second round of the playoffs at least. They did as much without Bosh last season.

But anyways, what a gigantic blow for Bosh. He's always been with the most honest dudes in interviews and a team player. He did everything the Heat asked him to do and didn't complain. That's how he became one of my favorite players. I seriously hope he gets his money and retires. It stings that he can't go out and play but it's too risky and he has a family to take care of.

Fjordson

Man so sad for Bosh. Seems like a really good dude. Hopefully he's remembered for his part in changing how bball is played (and also just for how damn good he was).

FStop7

Banned
With Wade gone and Bosh on the brink do the Heat try to scoop JR Smith? He still hasn't signed a deal. The Henny flows freely in South Beach.

Servbot24

Banned
There's no way I would want the success of my team riding on the consistency of JR. It's one thing when Lebron, Kyrie and Love are in front of him.

jbug617

Banned
Garnett is going to retire
http://www.startribune.com/kevin-garnett-will-not-play-for-wolves-this-season/394608981/#1
Garnett, the best player in franchise history, the player who led the team to eight straight playoff appearances starting in the spring of 1997, the leader of the 2003-04 team that reached the NBA's Western Conference finals, will not play for the Wolves this season. Garnett and the Timberwolves came to an agreement Friday and a retirement announcement from Garnett is expected shortly, according to league source.

Ninjimbo

With Wade gone and Bosh on the brink do the Heat try to scoop JR Smith? He still hasn't signed a deal. The Henny flows freely in South Beach.
I don't think so. JR probably wants a big deal and the Heat are in a complete rebuild. No way they want to commit to JR.

I wouldn't mind him on the team. My Heat are going to struggle to get to 90 points a game. They could use JR.

Sandfox

Monday is finally Media Day, meaning the offseason is officially over. As always NBA TV will be airing their "Real Training Camp" series to give us a look intro what some teams are doing, and this year it seems like the teams we'll be seeing are the Cavs and Lakers.

The first preseason games are on Saturday with Warriors vs Raptors and Mavs vs Pelicans.

Top Bottom