• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
That's not the trade uou should be making Philly, lol

Kendall Marshal was most likely going to be cut as he wras an umitigated disaster last season. Think about it. Our guard situation was so trash last year, but we would rather start Nik Stauskas and TJ McConnel over Kendall Marshall. Tibor Pleiss will most likely be cut, or put in the d-league.

Sixers got essentially 2 2nd rounder for a guy they were going to cut. I doubt Tibor Pleiss is going to be on the roster next years, and even if he did, he'd have to compete against Richaun Holmes, Carl Landry, Dario Saric, Ben Simmons, and the 3 Centers on the roster.

Yeah I don't understand it either. Maybe it means one of the centers are definitely out the door? Nerlens?

I doubt Tibor Pleiss has anything to do with either Nerlens or Okafor going. Management has stated from day 1 that one of them most likely had to be traded, I doubt Tibor Pleiss is going to affect those plans at all

Cornbread78

I'm just surprised they haven't made the bigger trade yet to clear out one of those centers. Are they getting low-balled by teams right now?

The Sixers just got value for Kendall Marshall...I'm not sure some of you understand how ridiculous that is.

Lol, very true.

Jarate

Banned
I'm just surprised they haven't made the bigger trade yet to clear out one of those centers. Are they getting low-balled by teams right now?

Lol, very true.

Yes

Okafor has very low value over what his actual value most likely is due to his bad analytics, and Noel, despite also being undervalued by a lot of the mainstream NBA guys is a RFA next year, and people should expect him to get paid more then Biyombo did.

Friday was a big day for us as we assumed we were trading either or for a draft pick, but now that that has passed, we could easily see the team wait until an injury/desperate team at the trade deadline wants a Center.

OldMan

Banned
Would if teams required a yearly payment to wear their team uniform like they do with their logo and vanity plates. Would you still wear your favorite players uniform if it cost $50.00/year?

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/08/kevin_garnett_once_cursed_out.html

"This year, I was telling my teammates when we were playing in Minnesota, I was like, 'I don't think KG's gonna give me a jersey,'" Bradley said. "My teammates were like, 'Man, what? He doesn't talk to nobody but you. He's gonna give you a jersey.' I asked one of the ball boys and he was like, 'He just turned down Jeff Green. He's not giving one to anybody.' So I asked, and KG wrote me a letter like, 'I love you. This jersey is for you, keep working hard.' He wrote me a letter, and now I have his jersey up at my house."

So maybe Garnett isn't nice to most people. Bradley should probably consider himself lucky.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL:

https://twitter.com/WashWizards/status/771454770729127936

vYACliP.png

Happened upon these old Cavs fan-made jersey mockups and I still think they are flames:

iCIupc5.jpg

9xwk0Db.jpg

R04xl5u.jpg

O21lQIH.jpg

man why couldn't we get something like these. fuck. I'm imaging a black gold and red version like
EWmof.gif

Also, get the Kardashians away from fucking NBA players, please. Their succubus game is too strong.

Gigglepoo

in fairness that didn't end well....for Bill, as he had to sit at Staples and watch Ron and the Lakers celebrate a title over his beloved Celtics while confetti dropped on his ass.

It was even worse for Pacers fans. Ron Artest redeemed!? He and Steven Jackson should have been kicked out of the league!

nillah

Banned
Green's Conan appearance yesterday all but confirms my suspicions that he is indeed a 🤖 designed to rival LeBron (also #23). He was quoted last night saying "I'm uncertain of myself" and when told you're a robot, of course if you're a robot your response would be "I'm not a robot.!" Anyway, he's 1-1 against his rival in the finals so he's doing something right.

Jarate

Banned
Big day for Stanford.

If the Sixers become an elite team, he becomes one of the most sought after minds in Basketball and raises his worth essentially. If Colangelo comes and ruins the team by trading away all of Hinkies guys, then he is also highly sought after. If the players Hinkie picked all turn out too suck, and we dont get anything afterwards, then his value is essentially the same as it is now.

I think Sam loves the game too much to not get back into it, but I think he wants to leave so everyone can appreciate the work he did.

Top Bottom