• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
And let's be real: last year Mozgov was almost single-handedly the reason the team didn't implode. He brought a lot the team needed on the court to help get them some good wins at a time when they were fracturing. Those wins calmed the frayed nerves and attitudes that year. While I wish he'd find his mind and his game again, his contribution last season made that trade worth it. Dion Waiters was cancerous. I hope the summer is good for him if CLE plans to keep him on the roster. He's too young and showed too much promise in year 1 for me to feel comfortable shedding him.

Perhaps a bad habit that I don't give up on players that have shown potential. He was *so good* for us last season that I can't even reconcile 2015 Mozgov with 2016 Mozgov. Whether injuries or personal mental issues, I hope he figures them out. His low post game and defense was and is exactly what CLE needs at the C position, and I'd assume his contract will be quite affordable.

Problem is with the crazy amount of money 20 teams with 30+ million in cap space - Mozgov's gonna get borderline Kevin Love money. I think the Cavs future is having Love / Thompson / LeBron as the bigs, and Kyrie / LeBron / JR / etc as wings.

I would hate this scenario. Baldwin is not ready to start. He has shaky handles, average court vision, and he's a bad finisher at the rim. The only thing that projects is his defensive versatility and his shooting. Even in the case of his shooting there is an unreasonably steep drop-off everywhere after his spot-up shooting(which is strange for someone that is touted as a shooter). I'll go a step farther and say he's not even ready to run the 2nd unit offense if he has to shoulder the burden of Snell, and Dunleavy.

Problem is I don't know where they get their PG if they trade Rose. I think Butler is on the best contract in the NBA (since he's on a decreasing deal that's at 15 million or so soon...he'll be making less than Ezeli by the end of FA); so you don't trade him. If you believe Mirotic can play SF, then your starting 5 is Gibson, Snell, Mirotic, Butler, and insert PG with cap space? Maybe throw the max at Conley if they can offload Rose? (CHI may have the max without Rose now, hell, if Gasol and Noah sign elsewhere)

Furyous

*Strolls into post vaping botanicals in an Arizer Air*

This offseason feels so good and wonderful after winning a championship.

CavsGAF: who are we replacing Delly with? I expect the Pistons and Bucks to offer him somewhere in the 10 mill per range so he's gone. We need two wings but lack a lot of cap space to get them.

spyder_ur

Jazz are in a ton of trouble with the contracts they are going to have to hand out in the next few years. They've got a ton of good pieces, but do you want to pay them all max or near max money when they haven't gotten to the playoffs yet? I'm sure they would love to make a deal.

Jarate

Banned

CavsGAF: who are we replacing Delly with? I expect the Pistons and Bucks to offer him somewhere in the 10 mill per range so he's gone. We need two wings but lack a lot of cap space to get them.

you're gonna spend the vets minimum on some old guy who wants to ride off in the sunset, realize, that in fact, if he's on the cavs, he's going to actually have to play because they have hardly any good backups, and do really well in the playoffs

What the fuck? Delly getting 10 mil per year? I have no idea what to expect this free-agency.

Jarate

Banned
lmao what

there's no fucking way he gets paid 15 million, god damn mo williams was playing over him in the finals.

I don't think you understand how stupid NBA GMs will be with the amount of cap space they have. And if you were the Nets, and you had no other option because you owe your pick to the Celtics anyway....

NBA free agency is going to be crazy this year

Bread

Banned
I don't think you understand how stupid NBA GMs will be with the amount of cap space they have. And if you were the Nets, and you had no other option because you owe your pick to the Celtics anyway....

I definitely understand, and the Nets will pay a guy like Lin $15m a year, not Delly.

I think the new Nets GM is going to be smart enough to not give huge contracts to middling players.

Tom Penny

Odds are better that Durant is a Celtic then Delladova getting 15 per...

Amazing to think that just a few years ago, people were bitching about Lin getting 3 years 25 million as a potential starter when his current market value now as a backup starts at 15 mil a year..

Does a 30 year old Al Horford really make sense for the Lakers?

WOJBOMB!

Bz36g1C.png

Brinbe

George Hill is the ultimate Jazz player. More reliable than Burke/Exum anyway. I guess Teague makes the Pacers more dynamic offensively. Teague/Ellis/George/Turner?

Jarate

Banned
I don't get that trade for the Pacers and Jazz. 12th pick for a guy whos working his ass off to get out of Atlanta, and also is in a contract year, and is bound to be paid a shit ton... I like the trade for Atlanta though a lot.

Shows how valuable low lottery picks are this year I guess

Windhorst made up this trade on Lowe's podcast. He said Cavs like Bradley.

Cavs trade
Love

Celtics trade
Bradley
Smart

Bradley for Love maybe straight up, but im not adding anything else to that trade. Loves trade value tanked after that Warriors series, and I don't see why the Celtics need another good shooting big who can't play defense all that well. It would give them a better scorer, but Bradley was 1st team all defense.

Windhorst made up this trade on Lowe's podcast. He said Cavs like Bradley.

Cavs trade
Love
Shump da god winning the game by his 4 point play- check the score

Celtics trade
Bradley
Smart

>:)

nah they will ask for #3 at this point since Love was actually decent in game 7 x the playoffs , Ainge ready to risk it all

i don't care if bradley gets traded but lol at trading him for a 35 y/o Korver in hopes that it attracts Horford.

Ainge is unpredictable , he will do anything

Brinbe

This is a pretty weak lottery though. The guys floating around @ 12 are luminaries like Wade Baldwin/Skal/Ellenson/Deyonta Davis/Luwawu/Sabonis. No sure things there at all.

Jarate

Banned
This is a pretty weak lottery though. The guys floating around @ 12 are luminaries like Wade Baldwin/Skal/Ellenson/Deyonta Davis/Luwawu/Sabonis. No sure things there at all.

I love Ellenson, dont know why he's having issues moving up big boards, if the sixers didnt have 600 bigs, i'd be begging for them to try and trade for him.

But I don't think Ellenson will last that long. He's a top 10 guy imo.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
PIcks are worth nothing in this draft. Hoarding assets are only valuable if other people think your assets are worth something.

George Hill is a marginal starting PG that got traded for the 12th pick in the draft. Its pretty damning.

Jarate

Banned
PIcks are worth nothing in this draft. Hoarding assets are only valuable if other people think your assets are worth something.

I'd disagree wholeheartedly. Picks are worth a lot due to contracts. With the spike in cap space, we'll see a lot of inflation for free agents, which means that picks gonna be worth more.

I will agree though, that this draft doesnt have a lot of good players, and the amount of trades happening and being rumoured is a good sign that outside of Simmons and Ingram, you arent going to see good players.

I still think the Okafor/Noel for #3 is inevitable, everything ive heard is that the Sixers want to do the trade, and the Celtics are probably just waiting till draft night to see if they can get something better, but apparently, they havent been able to get much better

Brinbe

I love Ellenson, dont know why he's having issues moving up big boards, if the sixers didnt have 600 bigs, i'd be begging for them to try and trade for him.

But I don't think Ellenson will last that long. He's a top 10 guy imo.

I'm not that down on him, but he's no sure thing. His lateral quicks are lacking and he'll have trouble guarding quicker 4s/5s in the league. He's basically a taller Love with some shot-blocking. He'll have to find the right role/fit to succeed, which goes for most of these lottery guys. Reminds me of a Markieff Morris in that he can be a stretch 5. He needs to get in better shape.

Top Bottom