• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
I was about to post that. Doesn't dumping Teague do that anyways?

Late first round picks are going to be for sale very cheap tomorrow. I actually think the Celtics second rounders are 31 and 35 are just as valuable as late first rounders.

He was only drafted last year.

And you said he was better then Jerami. Jerian might have more potential, but Jerami is a better player by every metric available.

I was about to post that. Doesn't dumping Teague do that anyways?

Just saw the trade. I thought we were getting George Hill and I was like wtf no Teague destroyed him in the one series so much PG had to guard him lol.

Anyway, I think the trade opens up the books for Bazemore more rather than Horford. That tweet still doesn't make sense because We have Horfords bird rights so freeing up Cap space isn't necessary. However; we don't have bird rights for Baze so he'll use up cap space. Maybe the Hawks have a high profile Free Agent in mind?

I think everyone wins in that trade tho. I think 8th would've been the best we got for Teague. Hill helps the Jazz and Teague gets to go home. The Jazz did us a favor honestly. Thanks Snyder. You can keep Shelvin Mack too.

jmizzal

9aEZLqM.png

This seems unnecessary.

I hope the Heat get one of these picks lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just saw the trade. I thought we were getting George Hill and I was like wtf no Teague destroyed him in the one series so much PG had to guard him lol.

Anyway, I think the trade opens up the books for Bazemore more rather than Horford. That tweet still doesn't make sense because We have Horfords bird rights so freeing up Cap space isn't necessary. However; we don't have bird rights for Baze so he'll use up cap space. Maybe the Hawks have a high profile Free Agent in mind?

I think everyone wins in that trade tho. I think 8th would've been the best we got for Teague. Hill helps the Jazz and Teague gets to go home. The Jazz did us a favor honestly. Thanks Snyder. You can keep Shelvin Mack too.

Kent Bazemore isn't getting the hawks passed the 2nd round. Wtf

Kent Bazemore isn't getting the hawks passed the 2nd round. Wtf

I know hahaha gotta love these Hawks. But to be fair, I think they saw how to drop off from Carroll was from 15 to 16 so maybe they hold continuity to some amount. I think our staff is too stubborn to just pick someone up and instantly plug them into the starting lineup.

Don't think Baze is worth more than 8mil either. Give him Teague's contract.

Vanillalite

I know hahaha gotta love these Hawks. But to be fair, I think they saw how to drop off from Carroll was from 15 to 16 so maybe they hold continuity to some amount. I think our staff is too stubborn to just pick someone up and instantly plug them into the starting lineup.

Fucking everyone on Twitter wants Bazemore.

Like sooo many fans from different teams.

W
T
F

It's Kent fucking Bazemore.

All of this new salary cap room is gonna have guys making stupid money that shouldn't be.

spyder_ur

Bazemore is definitely getting more than 8 mil.

I love the Jae Crowder deal more every day.

At first glance the 12th pick for George Hill seems crazy, but when you look at this draft beyond the top 7 or 8 you are looking at a mish mash of future role players who are all about at the same tier. The 12th pick is probably not any more valuable than the 19th or 20th pick realistically. The Jazz instead of adding a rookie role player add a veteran who can play now and help them make a playoff push. It makes a ton of sense.

Tom Penny

Baze getting ten plus easily. Delladova is getting 15 !!!

Bread

Banned
At first glance the 12th pick for George Hill seems crazy, but when you look at this draft beyond the top 7 or 8 you are looking at a mish mash of future role players who are all about at the same tier. The 12th pick is probably not any more valuable than the 19th or 20th pick realistically. The Jazz instead of adding a rookie role player add a veteran who can play now and help them make a playoff push. It makes a ton of sense.
Yeah Hill will help that team a lot more than any guy picked at 12 would.

jmizzal

Yea this is the kinda draft that will produce a Draymon Green or Isaiah Thomas because teams have no clue who will be good outside of the top 5 or so picks. They will draft players from overseas and freshmen who will never develop and miss out on talent like those guys, having them slip to the 2nd round.

Vanillalite

Soooo many cats are gonna get mad paid just cause of the new Cap that you won't be able to pick just one overpaid player. It's instead this whole off season.

Smh

spyder_ur

Yeah Hill will help that team a lot more than any guy picked at 12 would.

Yeah the logic is sound the more I think about it. I just don't like Hill as much as Teague personally, but Hill is steadier.

I wish Teague had gone out of the East. He always scares me against the Celtics.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Knicks should definitely sign Dwight now so that he, Melo and Rose can form the new Big
oh shit you mean it's not 201

It'll be like when that other team in New York got their Big 3 a couple years too late. Only for the Knicks they didnt give up an entire half decades worth of draft picks in the process.

Chase17

I wouldn't even be upset if the Celtics traded all their assets for Boogie. I may draw the line at Stevens though, would like to keep him around to coach.

Jarate

Banned
What are the protections on the Lakers pick next year that Philly has?

Top 3 next year
Unprotected after that

You guys could theoretically out tank the pick again, but unless you are dead last in the league, your odds of being 4th are about 50%.

Also, next years draft is super good and super deep with guards and wing players.

ViciousDS

Banned
ROSE IS GONE!!!!!! YYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I didn't think it was ever going to happen holy shit!!! Noah and Gasol probably out the door too now. Damn, Front Office actually doing shit!!!

Top Bottom