• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Biolink

The bulls are a treadmill team bro, you saw what happened when the Sixers tried to leave. Theyre gonna sign Jeremy Lin or something and try to get the 8th seed again

They really aren't. They made it to 42-40 last year with on paper a much better roster. There will be nothing to getting a Top 10 pick(Probably higher) with this crap roster minus Rose, Gasol(For how bad and good he could have been) Noah, Moore (possibly), and Holliday as well(Who played solid minutes instead of Tony the Terrible Snell).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oh joy.

Perpetually on the treadmill.

giphy.gif

Jarate

Banned
Murray

I would also like the Lakers pick or maybe top 3 protected Philly pick in 2017.

no, absolutely no

Lakers pick and next years pick top 3 protected probably have a little less value then the #3 pick right now. That's how shit the #3 pick is tbh.

Noel and Covington for #3 and Smart

do it daniel

This makes a lot more sense. I'd be really sad to see Covington go though

Tom Penny

Are you interested in Okafor/Noel for #3? Sixers fan here, curious to hear what C's fans think.

Not particularly but something revolving around that has a decent chance of happening. A this point I don't think either are worth the 3rd pick straight up. Both their games are the exact opposite which is funny.

Fjordson

Chris Broussard is saying KD wants a long term deal this summer and that he'd bet on it being with Golden State. Goddamn. I wanna get hyped, but it's Broussard.

O5EprVj.jpg

Tom Penny

Chris Broussard is saying KD wants a long term deal this summer and that he'd bet on it being with Golden State. Goddamn. I wanna get hyped, but it's Broussard.

O5EprVj.jpg

I layman's terms. KD does not want to make over 30 million more dollars by signing a 1 year contract...

Trading Rose for this package is just so sad. Why not let him play out his contract? Fuck the Bulls and their trash front office. But at least i won't have to buy league pass to see a 20 win team.

giga

I don't buy that the Hawks are going to dump their two picks just to keep Horford. Dumping Teague already made that possible so I'm going to guess that they're going after someone more valuable in addition to Al.

He's saying he'll still do that, just that the team he does that for will be the team he stays with long term past next year.

That's sensible. Shocking, considering the "sauce."

There has been this common refrain that Durant would do a 1 year deal in OKC and reevaluate next summer, and that's never made sense to me in that he could just as easily do that in another city. LeBron has done 1+1s the past two years. Durant can go anywhere he wants this year and still cash in next summer.

tl;dr congrats Lyle.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lol at the bleacher report headline

Derrick rose trade a slam dunk for Knicks.

Um.....Derrick hasn't dunked since basically his MVP session. Dudes scared to do anything fun and aggressive. Will work for him with melo on the wing though

CllDwtwWgAAyiFm.jpg

CllUNSOWQAAEoWY.jpg

Now that he's traded he will probably play the best basketball since 2011

Josh5890

As a Bulls fan I am thrilled that the Rose era is over. I loved him like the city did in the good days. The problem was once his brother Reggie really got in Derrek's head things went south. Rose went from being a down to earth, personable guy to a me first guy who wasw more focused on his next contract and a business meeting he needed to attend in twenty years.

I truly feel bad that he found bad luck with the injuries. The man has a lot of talent but lost many good years due to the injuries on both knees. I am 99.9% sure that he will never have an MVP season again, and that is a shame because that 2010-2011 season, when I was lucky to be a part-season ticket holder, was magical.

As for the Bulls they are still a dumpster fire. I don't even care about the players that the Bulls picked up in the trade because it won't matter at all. Gar and Pax think that resigning Noah and Gasol will make them a top contender in the East. The fact is the Bulls need an overhaul. Keep Butler and build around him. Fred Hoiberg is a good guy but he is better off as a college coach. Honestly, fire Gar and Pax now. I know Jerry Reinsdorf is too loyal and won't fire his front office guys so the franchise will be mediocre for the time being.

One last note, I remember last year when Rose didn't want Melo on the Bulls and didn't go out of his way to help recruit the guy. I can't wait to see this play out.

qcf x2

if you had an LA team, a Miami team, or an Indiana team, which team would you pick

I think he's going to the Warriors

It's not me I'm talking about, it's Kevin Durant. But to your implied point about location, I don't think most players establish permanent residences in the cities they play for, for several reasons. But to be clear: I'm putting it out there, not saying I agree or disagree with whatever logic may be behind KD's interest level.

Anecdotally, I don't see him having much interest in the Warriors.

J2 Cool

i'd love for Howard to go to NY. Then Melo, Rose, and Howard. What could have been in Chicago few years ago. Also surely they'll still fail, and only Melo will have someone to genuinely blame.

As a Bulls fan, its sad to see Rose era end, but its been a sad era for a long time. Have to move on. Some stupid part of me still thinks he can reclaim some of his previous glory and hit a middleground between this season and his '11 stats. Still though, mentally as a player I don't trust him

Top Bottom