• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

spyder_ur

Why is his fit the worst of the lottery players? I'd say Brown has the worst fit. Dunn can cover for the weaknesses of Smart, Bradley, and IT by being a ball handling guard with elite defense. The only real fit for this team is Bender but I'm not sold on him. I would be pretty happy if we drafted him though just for the possibility of him hitting his potential.

I say this mostly because in their three guards they have everything that Dunn does well - playmaking and elite defense (in spades). Really, drafting him would be a tough thing long-term for IT, which might be a tough reality that he and the Celts need to face anyways.

I just dislike Brown in general as a prospect so I'm happy with almost anyone but him. I have no idea what he does well besides being athletic. I get the Winslow comps, but Winslow dominated college games.

You think he'll still be left at the pick?

He's right in that range. Most of the other players projected in that area of the draft are big men. It's totally messy from 10-25 (at least) though.

I'm also talking myself into Dunn. If he's really the best player available then the C's should go for it, it's not like anyone on our current roster is untouchable. That being said I'm going to be pissed if we pass on Bender and he turns into what people hope he can be.

Enter The Dragan

Sandfox

I say this mostly because in their three guards they have everything that Dunn does well - playmaking and elite defense (in spades). Really, drafting him would be a tough thing long-term for IT, which might be a tough reality that he and the Celts need to face anyways.

I just dislike Brown in general as a prospect so I'm happy with almost anyone but him. I have no idea what he does well besides being athletic. I get the Winslow comps, but Winslow dominated college games.

He's right in that range. Most of the other players projected in that area of the draft are big men. It's totally messy from 10-25 (at least) though.

I honestly think Dunn's playmaking ability would make things easier for Thomas and Bradley. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if they took Brown lol.

RBH

I'm sorry friend.
*lights penis on fire*

giphy.gif
*lights penis on fire again*

I don't buy that the Hawks are going to dump their two picks just to keep Horford. Dumping Teague already made that possible so I'm going to guess that they're going after someone more valuable in addition to Al.

I hope you're right.

Lakers gonna max out Chandler Parsons, aren't they?

How likely are the Blazers to match a big offer sheet on Allen Crabbe?

Read that Chandler Parsons could get a raise in his annual salary. Again this fucking new cap. Chandler Parsons was injured and did nothing to warrant an extension or a raise in salary.

I don't see what the Hawks could get for their two picks that would sway Horfords decision one way or the other.

They can probably try to convince him to sign a 2-year contract with a player option.

Doubt Horford would do a 2 year contract. IIRC he's looking for a long term deal.

I think he would be swayed if we get someone to play and start at C or an alpha wing.

But I can totally see the Hawks trading the two picks for Antawn Jamison...

Quick question, was listening to a pod and one guy brought up how he had an agenda against Brad Beal thinking Lamb, Ross, were gonna be better than him. Now obviously he's better than Lamb, but say Ross averages 19 next year. Is Beal still better than him? Would he be worth that max he is getting this offseason?

I think Beal is an unhealthy wanker who doesn't deserve a max.

dude is gonna be on a 25 minute restriction for the rest of his life. all those little stress fractures.

jbug617

Banned
How much is that Russell stuff Jalen and Wilbon was talking about true? Basically said that the players in the locker room don't want him around.

How much is that Russell stuff Jalen and Wilbon was talking about true? Basically said that the players in the locker room don't want him around.

They don't know shit. Really it's Nick and Lou Williams that took the most offense by what happened, and both of those guys could easily be gone. The younger core guys were all supportive of Russell.

Nick Young is worthless, they should just cut his ass and sign Sasha Vujacic for the minimum to replace his worthless ass. Lou Williams is actually a good player, but aside from being reportedly angry with D'Angelo, he's also 29 and wasted on a rebuilding team. He has some value as he only makes $7 million a year for the next 2 seasons. Trade him to a contender who needs some backup perimeter scoring for a later 1st rounder.

What was that interesting stat that Kobe and Swaggy have assisted on just a single play throughout their Laker tenure together?

On a plus side, SwaggyP comes through from time to time like his dagger 3 against the Spurs

Exokell

Banned
Russel is always gonna be considered a snitch, nobody is gonna invite him to the orgies. Anyway I still can't believe the Lakers coach is Luke Walton.

Nick Young is worthless, they should just cut his ass and sign Sasha Vujacic for the minimum to replace his worthless ass. Lou Williams is actually a good player, but aside from being reportedly angry with D'Angelo, he's also 29 and wasted on a rebuilding team. He has some value as he only makes $7 million a year for the next 2 seasons. Trade him to a contender who needs some backup perimeter scoring for a later 1st rounder.

Isn't Lou cool with D' Angelo now?

jbug617

Banned
I really think Ainge is going to draft Brown. It just fits his thing about athletic player that can't shoot.

If the C's draft Brown instead of trading the pick to Philly for Okafor or Noel, I will be upset.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What if losing was the best long-term outcome for the Warriors. No way KD is going to GS after back to back titles.

Dwight Howard?

Not worth the max imo. I'm leaning more towards getting a wing player because if the Hawks get a starting C, that pushes Millsap to SF and he's better off going against 4s. Or that pushes Horford to the bench lol.

Idk, Horford will stay because he wants to stay. Any move we make that isn't KD or a top 10 player will barely push the needle on this team.

pislit

I feel like he's not even a no.3 on a good team. This is coming from watching almost every Jazz game since he was drafted.

JR Smith is arguably the number 3 on that Cleveland championship team. LOL!

I think Hayward is a good second option if you have a superstar big man.

spyder_ur

Nets are looking to trade Thad Young to a West team for a first round pick.

With all the teams willing to sell picks, they might be able to get that. Hell, I'd give 16 or 23 for him - he very annoyingly won the Nets a few games last year. Wouldn't the Raptors willingly give 27 and something else?

Stein (I think) had a tweet yesterday about all these teams wanting to sell picks and the Nets still not having enough assets to get one.

Speaking of Tweets:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chibbs_1/status/745960573200900096[/tweet]

Best advice any of these draftees will get.

Edit: I wish I knew how to embed tweets. Here's the glorious link.

Top Bottom