• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Tom Penny

More and more I think fuck it take Dunn. IT is not a point guard and might not be here after two years. Don't retain Turner and he get's plenty of minutes. He's capable of D like Smart but is a player maker and can dribble. Obviously raw on offense but Smart is basically the worst shooter in history and some people like his upside...Dunn ain't shooting that bad.

Tom Penny

What happens to Smart if we draft Dunn?

Probably be traded but they could keep him while Dunn progresses. Turner couldn't shoot either and him and Smart spearheaded the second unit regardless. Defensively they could be a monster tandem with their size. You have to think IT is getting paid nothing. He's going to want near max in two years.

2Hu6ghh.png

Smokescreens!

Lakers drafting Skal Labeissere 2nd overall!

After reading some on Zimmerman I want Mitch to try and get a mid20s pick and get him. Some mocks have him falling to the 2nd so we could get him at 32 but I don't want to chance it. It seems like there is going to be a cluster of decent prospects (Brice Johnson, Diallo, Zimmerman) that could be a nice add with a pick in the 20s.

more and more raptors insiders believe that we are trading the 9th pick. We already have too much young talent that can barely get minutes to develop and I mean play meaningful NBA minutes. Masai Ujiri already said in an interview he would trade the pick in a heart beat and says there is only one player he believes that can have an immediate impact in their rookie season. Glaring need for a PF, Backup SG, Backup SF.

Bread

Banned
more and more raptors insiders believe that we are trading the 9th pick. We already have too much young talent that can barely get minutes to develop and I mean play meaningful NBA minutes. Masai Ujiri already said in an interview he would trade the pick in a heart beat and says there is only one player he believes that can have an immediate impact in their rookie season. Glaring need for a PF, Backup SG, Backup SF.
raptors would be smart to grab Sabonis. He'd be an impact player that fits the team well.

Bread

Banned
Scooter you were right about Murray. His lack of lateral quickness is a huge issue. He's going to be a poor man's Kyrie Irving.

spyder_ur

Scooter you were right about Murray. His lack of lateral quickness is a huge issue. He's going to be a poor man's Kyrie Irving.

I'm not that worried about it. He's not a bad athlete and you don't have to be great if you can shoot as he's projected. I like Murray's potential a ton - 20 a game as a freshmen amongst that roster is nothing to sneeze at.

Bread

Banned
I'm not that worried about it. He's not a bad athlete and you don't have to be great if you can shoot as he's projected. I like Murray's potential a ton - 20 a game as a freshmen amongst that roster is nothing to sneeze at.
Have you watched him on defense? He looks like a matador. He just can't stay in front of his man.

His athleticism is going to effect how well he'll defend (spoiler: He won't defend well) and also his ability to get his shot off.

LionPride

Banned
He dropped a couple... dozen... words. It came up briefly in the Cleveland championship thread.

My take is that moms all over Ohio are telling little Billy "When you bring Cleveland a championship after 52 years of misery, you can curse like a sailor. But until you do, eat this soap."

I just like watching LeBron not care, he cares too much about his image. Maybe he let JR get to him...or the liquor. Either or

Bread

Banned
Part of me wants to draft a guy that is nothing but offense. Mix things up a little bit.
I wouldn't mind offense at all, but at 3 I think you have to take the guy who can do both. Dunn can play PG and defends SGs, he is a great fit with Bradley and IT.

He dropped a couple... dozen... words. It came up briefly in the Cleveland championship thread.

My take is that moms all over Ohio are telling little Billy "When you bring Cleveland a championship after 52 years of misery, you can curse like a sailor. But until you do, eat this soap."
They've heard it before in they own house in Cleveland and all over Ohio. a study was done that shows Ohio curses more than any other state.

Forbes did an article on it

LionPride

Banned
you guys want Terrence Ross plus our two draft picks for the third?

:D

Quick question, was listening to a pod and one guy brought up how he had an agenda against Brad Beal thinking Lamb, Ross, were gonna be better than him. Now obviously he's better than Lamb, but say Ross averages 19 next year. Is Beal still better than him? Would he be worth that max he is getting this offseason?

spyder_ur

Have you watched him on defense? He looks like a matador. He just can't stay in front of his man.

His athleticism is going to effect how well he'll defend (spoiler: He won't defend well) and also his ability to get his shot off.

Spoiler - alot of guys don't really learn know how to defend until they get to the NBA. Want me to name a bunch of bad defenders in college who developed into good NBA players/defenders after the age of 19? Development of your skills and body don't end when you get drafted.

Besides, no team in the NBA is more equipped to manage and compensate for a bad wing defender than the Celtics.

I wouldn't mind offense at all, but at 3 I think you have to take the guy who can do both. Dunn can play PG and defends SGs, he is a great fit with Bradley and IT.

I'm talking myself into Dunn, if they feel he's the best prospect which is what most people and teams seemed to have settled on. I've always liked his game, but he's arguably the worst fit of any lottery talent for the Celtics.

Still - the roster doesn't have to be settled after this draft or even the season. I'd rather have a glut of guards/wings than big men. There are a lot of lineup possibilities with IT, Bradley, Smart, Crowder and Murray/Dunn/Hield. Smart can easily handle 3s - he locked down Korver before.

I'd prefer Bender though - the Pelton stats have me excited, although they generally seemed to love foreign players.

ViciousDS

Banned
So Bulls now have lopez who shot 58% at the rim compared to noahs shit 37% lol. God Noah went to shit after getting DPOY.

Who should we go for in the draft. Bairstow isn't there. We now have

lopez/portis
Gibson/Mirotic
Dunleavy/Snell
Butler/???? Jerian grant
Jose Calderon/Moore

The lineup definitely looks 8th seed to me!!!

Who would we draft though? We now need a wing shooter or another guard.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wow, so many new pages that I can't keep up. There's still a day till the draft right?

Tomorrow night

Also add Jimmy butler to your list of people to watch this season. Dude plays through any injury he can and is still probably top 5 perimeter defender in the league while averaging 20+ points. He's basically another kawhi Leonard

spyder_ur

The Kings stuff about not getting workouts is incredible. Can we go ahead and give them Jaylen Brown at 8 so he can waste away there? It's so predictable. Or they can overdraft Sabonis.

Who would we draft though? We now need a wing shooter or another guard.

Wade Baldwin makes a ton of sense for them now that Rose is gone and is right in that range.

Bread

Banned
Spoiler - alot of guys don't really learn know how to defend until they get to the NBA. Want me to name a bunch of bad defenders in college who developed into good NBA players/defenders after the age of 19? Development of your skills and body don't end when you get drafted.

Besides, no team in the NBA is more equipped to manage and compensate for a bad wing defender than the Celtics.

I'm talking myself into Dunn, if they feel he's the best prospect which is what most people and teams seemed to have settled on. I've always liked his game, but he's arguably the worst fit of any lottery talent for the Celtics.

Still - the roster doesn't have to be settled after this draft or even the season. I'd rather have a glut of guards/wings than big men. There are a lot of lineup possibilities with IT, Bradley, Smart, Crowder and Murray/Dunn/Hield. Smart can easily handle 3s - he locked down Korver before.

I'd prefer Bender though - the Pelton stats have me excited, although they generally seemed to love foreign players.
Why is his fit the worst of the lottery players? I'd say Brown has the worst fit. Dunn can cover for the weaknesses of Smart, Bradley, and IT by being a ball handling guard with elite defense. The only real fit for this team is Bender but I'm not sold on him. I would be pretty happy if we drafted him though just for the possibility of him hitting his potential.

I'm also talking myself into Dunn. If he's really the best player available then the C's should go for it, it's not like anyone on our current roster is untouchable. That being said I'm going to be pissed if we pass on Bender and he turns into what people hope he can be.

Top Bottom