• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Mw6BRmR.png

The new Ibaka/Biyombo.

jbug617

Banned
Suns offer to the Jazz that got turned down
@ESPNSteinLine: Sources say Phoenix, in its failed trade pitch to convince Utah to surrender Gordon Hayward, tried to pair Eric Bledsoe with a lottery pick

Stein says the Suns are shopping Knight and Bledsoe. They want to trade 1

If that was #4 then that is a pretty good return. But I doubt it was #4. And Bledsoe wouldn't exactly fill a need at this point.

But all this smoke... Are the Celtics still a trade partner? Or is that just the Stevens thing? I personally think that Dunn/Murray/Bender for Hayward straight up is an awful deal for us. Throw in Crowder and we can talk, but I would guess that C's fans think they are getting fleeced in that deal.

Lyle, grant me your wisdom.

spyder_ur

If that was #4 then that is a pretty good return. But I doubt it was #4. And Bledsoe wouldn't exactly fill a need at this point.

But all this smoke... Are the Celtics still a trade partner? Or is that just the Stevens thing? I personally think that Dunn/Murray/Bender for Hayward straight up is an awful deal for us. Throw in Crowder and we can talk, but I would guess that C's fans think they are getting fleeced in that deal.

Lyle, grant me your wisdom.

I probably would have done #3 and Crowder for Hayward and #12, but the Jazz don't have that pick any more.

spyder_ur

DraftExpress has, presumably, their last mock draft up. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

Celtics pick up:

Kriss Dunn
Ivica Zubac
Furkan Korkmaz
Guerschon Yabusele
Georgios Papagiannis
Malcolm Brogdon
Wayne Selden
Joel Bolomboy

I'm 90% certain that at least half of these guys aren't even real.

Papagiannis is real and he's amazing.
2897501.jpg

Incredible how Selden might not be drafted. Guy was considered a top 5-10 prospect at one point. Bolomboy slid too. Haven't really followed why; he had great combine numbers if I remember correctly.

ClpCBiBVEAE8OdP.jpg

Well...shit.

What is this?

Papagiannis is real and he's amazing.
What is this?

TSN was talking about the Rose trade and went to a guy who was at the draft rehearsal. The draft is rigged.

So how many players would you have to cut? Isn't a roster just 15 dudes? Where are you gonna put them?

Most of those guys are European so almost everyone in that list is a draft and stash candidates. But the C's still need to consolidate assets.

Most of those guys are European so almost everyone in that list is a draft and stash candidates. But the C's still need to consolidate assets.

D League / have them stay international for a few years. That being said, I think it's very very unlikely the Celtics draft 8 players tonight.

That makes sense. I do think there's a limited number of players you can develop at the same time. They should look to consolidate and address their flaws. No consistent outside shooting is the one that jumps out to me.

spyder_ur

Come home Nerlens!

I don't get why either team is that desperate to make a deal as it seems they are. The Sixers are in a slightly trickier spot because they literally can't play those guys without hurting development of their players. Hinkie didn't care about that but Colangelo is smart enough to. I still don't think Dunn is an ideal fit for the Celts but they could easily not resign Turner and squeeze him some minutes.

Come home Nerlens!

I don't get why either team is that desperate to make a deal as it seems they are. The Sixers are in a slightly trickier spot because they literally can't play those guys without hurting development of their players. I still don't think Dunn is an ideal fit for the Celts but they could easily not resign Turner and squeeze him some minutes.

Colangelo is apparently in love with Dunn so if he wants him they pretty much have to trade for the third pick...or use the first on him.

jbug617

Banned
Colangelo is apparently in love with Dunn so if he wants him they pretty much have to trade for the third pick...or use the first on him.

Guess who Woj says the C's would take at 3
@WojVerticalNBA: Kris Dunn has significant traction in Boston as No. 3 pick, sources tell @TheVertical. No final decision -- and trades remain on table.

spyder_ur

Everyone told me this was a 2 player draft and that everyone else was useless though.

It's becoming more clear that teams really like Dunn.

I'm holding out hope that the Rose-less Bulls fall in love before 8 pm.

Everyone told me this was a 2 player draft and that everyone else was useless though.

It's becoming more clear that teams really like Dunn.

I'm holding out hope that the Rose-less Bulls fall in love before 8 pm.

It's still a two player draft but Dunn seems to be ahead of everyone else and there are apparently very few quality point guards in this draft. As for the Bulls, I can't see them making that trade, they'd be better off using Butler as their primary ball handler.

Wolves and Pelicans also want Dunn. We might get a bidding war for #3.

Noel + Saric + 2017 First.

spyder_ur

The Sixers should keep all 3 of those Frontline studs just in case 1 goes down with a leg injury.

"Studs". I actually agree that it doesn't need to be worked out this minute, but the Sixers obviously are worried about their value moving forward.

I do like Noel the most for the Cs.

It's still a two player draft but Dunn seems to be ahead of everyone else and there are apparently very few quality point guards in this draft. As for the Bulls, I can't see them making that trade, they'd be better off using Butler as their primary ball handler.

The 'Two Player Draft' term is dumb.

I don't think Butler is a primary ball handler - good way to wear him out. I think they'll definitely be on the market for PG help.

Gigglepoo

Don't be surprised to see the Pacers emerge as a major player in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes.

I know this is just wishful thinking, but that would be an incredible pairing. Teague, Monta, PG13, Durant, and Turner would give fits to any team in the league. Come on Durant!

Top Bottom