• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Givony's twitter said:
Market for Nerlens Noel seems to be far overstated by some. More likely he fetches a late lottery pick in a trade as opposed to top-5 pick.

I know Noel's limited offensively but I wouldn't trade him for a pick outside the top 5 of this draft.

ACE 1991

Has a player ever had less trade value after being picked 3rd and having a solid rookie year than Okafor

I think a lot of it has to do with the situation Philadelphia is in. Teams now they NEED to get rid of one of the bigs, we can't roll into the season with Embiid, Nerlens and Okafor.

Cornbread78

No matter what Danny does tonight, I'm probably going to hate it.

Just draft Dragon Bender ffs.

uughh, please NO.

I keep checking the ticker and there is literall, nothing that looks good on paper. I'm almost ready concede another 5-10 years of mediocre teams unless they can get super lucky in the draft.

They have 8 picks today and don't have room on the roster for half of them at this point, so Danny boy has to do something...

Heard rumors about:

- Monroe (Bucks) for their 17th pick and a player
- #3 for Okafor (probably not going to happen)

Neither of those picks solves the Celtics problems of not having a good wing scorer and a shooter.....

Butler is staying in Chi town
Durant is not coming to Boston
Nobody wants Horford at max money....

There is literally little to nothing to do that will get them to the top of the East without getting supper lucky with a draft pick..

8M2zZKY.png

That 2017 pick is looking rather nice right about now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Larry Bird has lost his god damn mind. Cant believe the Nets got anything of value for Thad Young. Not that much value but its still something.

Larry Bird has lost his god damn mind. Cant believe the Nets got anything of value for Thad Young. Not that much value but its still something.

I think it's a good trade for the Pacers. Thad's good and you won't get a power forward nearly as good as him for the $12M he's going to make this season.

spyder_ur

uughh, please NO.

I keep checking the ticker and there is literall, nothing that looks good on paper. I'm almost ready concede another 5-10 years of mediocre teams unless they can get super lucky in the draft.

They have 8 picks today and don't have room on the roster for half of them at this point, so Danny boy has to do something...

Heard rumors about:

- Monroe (Bucks) for their 17th pick and a player
- #3 for Okafor (probably not going to happen)

Neither of those picks solves the Celtics problems of having a good wing scorer and a shooter.....

Butler is staying in Chi town
Durant is not coming to Boston
Nobody wants Horford at max money....

There is literally little to nothing to do that will get them to the top of the East without getting supper lucky with a draft pick..

Stop being dramatic. It's disappointing they can't trade for a star with this pick. But they have a ton of ways to improve this team - trades, FA signings, tons of draft picks, internal improvement under one of the best organizations and coaches in the league.

Oh, and they're good already.

8M2zZKY.png

That 2017 pick is looking rather nice right about now.

Interesting. Indiana just got a whole lot more athletic and quick with Teague and Young. Really like that for them, and it's great news for the Celtics. They just traded their second best player.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They could be the #2 team in the East.

PG: Teague
SG: Ellis
SF: George
PF: Young
C: Turner

Honestly I think they'll miss the playoffs this year. Vogel did more with less than any other coach in the league.

Its certainly a much different team than last season but I don't think its any better. Guess we'll see.

Honestly I think they'll miss the playoffs this year. Vogel did more with less than any other coach in the league.

Its certainly a much different team than last season but I don't think its any better. Guess we'll see.

There's no way they miss the playoffs with that roster and about $15M in cap space.

Gigglepoo

Is Thad Young still good? I haven't seen him play in a few seasons. On paper, the Pacers sound better than last season but I don't know for sure. Myles Turner's inevitable leap is going to ensure they're in the playoffs for a long time to come, though.

EDIT -- Zach Lowe thinks Young is going to start at C. I don't see that. Turner is obviously their center of the future.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's no way they miss the playoffs with that roster and about $15M in cap space.

Their starting backcourt now is Teague / Monta. Going to have major issues defensively. It could work on paper but I can see it going horribly wrong too. Think George Hill is just a much better player than Teague in general.

Gigglepoo

Their starting backcourt now is Teague / Monta. Going to have major issues defensively. It could work on paper but I can see it going horribly wrong too. Think George Hill is just a much better player than Teague in general.

That's what I'm worried about (Hill is an elite defender) but someone posted defensive stats for Teague yesterday saying that he's not too shabby? Trust Bird!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That's what I'm worried about (Hill is an elite defender) but someone posted defensive stats for Teague yesterday saying that he's not too shabby? Trust Bird!

Yeah I give Larry credit for actually building the roster around what he wanted to do. I remember him last year saying they wanted to be a team that played more like the Warriors which was laughable given the roster. Well at least they have a semblance of a roster to try to do that now.

Cornbread78

Stop being dramatic. It's disappointing they can't trade for a star with this pick. But they have a ton of ways to improve this team - trades, FA signings, tons of draft picks, internal improvement under one of the best organizations and coaches in the league.

Oh, and they're good already..

LOL, hyperbole, yeah, maybe a little, however, if you were a Celtics fan, wouldn't that be your worry as well?

Monroe lukewarm on and Middleton likey without giving up the 3rd pick. Sign me up!!!

http://www.woelfelspressbox.com/blog-entry/24/will-bucks-celtics-play-lets-make-a-deal

Hmm, adding Middleton to that trade makes a difference.

PG: Thomas/Smart
SG: Bradley/Middleton
SF: Turner/Crowder
PF: Monroe/Oly
C: Okafor (Noel)/Johnson

Hmm..

That fills in a couple needs..... and give a good inside-Out approach to their front court Plus still have big money under the cap.

spyder_ur

The good thing from the Celtics perspective is that it's pretty clear that picks outside the top 2 have value in this draft. Everyone was saying as recently as this week that no one wanted those picks.

12 got a solid starter PG.
20 fetched a starting caliber cost-controlled big.

I think 16 might have some real value and I wouldn't be surprised if they moved 16 or 23 for a pick next year.

Bread

Banned
LOL, hyperbole, yeah, maybe a little, however, if you were a Celtics fan, wouldn't that be your worry as well?

Hmm, adding Middleton to that trade makes a difference.

PG: Thomas/Smart
SG: Bradley/Middleton
SF: Turner/Crowder
PF: Monroe/Oly
C: Okafor (Noel)/Johnson

Hmm..

That fills in a couple needs..... and give a good inside-Out approach to their front court Plus still have big money under the cap.
No way they would trade for Okafor if they got Monroe, that would be the worst defensive front court in the league.

Top Bottom