• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
Jake Fischer Verified account
‏@JakeLFischer

New Orleans Pelicans have traded the No. 39 and 40 picks to the Los Angeles Clippers for the No. 33 selection, Cheick Diallo, per source.

Really not liking that pick. It's just a 2nd rounder but there was better talent that could have contributed sooner and fit better with the roster. Oh well.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Celtics going almost all foreign. The Greg Popovic route. Not a bad thing, but I'm sure the fans hate it

This thread indicates yes. Based on what happened, they had big plans for number 3, and if that didn't work out, they had a backup plan. The picks they made seemed solid.

spyder_ur

Celtics going almost all foreign. The Greg Popovic route. Not a bad thing, but I'm sure the fans hate it

It was fairly predictable, especially Zizic I was pretty sure would end up on the Cs. I actually like the way they used the picks on the frontcourt - I just wished I liked Jaylon Brown better. His stats are terrifying. Maybe they know better.

I really liked Denver's draft.

I like the Oneaku pick. Models like him. Great offensive rebounder. Plus he shoots free throws underhanded which is fun

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
True story: Next draft will be 20 years since I registered to be drafted in the 1997 NBA Draft out of high school. Safe to say no one invited me to the combine.

Tom Penny

Realistically I'm overreacting to this shit draft because no draft picks were going move the needle yet. Far more can be done in free agency for immediate impact but I really did not want Brown or Bender.

6ELG51C.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Am I missing something here? Why are Celtics fan mad about Jaylen Brown? I saw that kid play at Berkeley and he's legit.

After what was being dangled it was disappointing. Kris Dunn was more of a sure thing not only as a player but was a great centerpiece for trades.

At 16 you have a guy few hVe heard of and was almost guaranteed to be a mid 2nd rounder, much like Dozier last year.

23rd was actually a good pick though.

Celtics have been hyping these picks as franchising changing and yet they stayed exactly the same...

jobber

Can the Spurs get Hibbert from the Lakers for cheap?

He would be a great backup/part time starter. Just eat space and play D.

jobber

Eh...free agent...nevermind....

Never target would be McGee if the 76ers cut him.

effzee

So I know next to nothing about these guys.

Hooray we got Simmons! But how should I feel about our Frenchman and Turkish Delight?

Are we now the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.

Where did you get that from?

Some of the stuff I've been reading up on. Most of them describe him as good offensively around the basket, but a below the rim athlete with questionable rebound and shot blocking rate. And he's probably too big and not rangy enough to play the 4. I just don't think you can win with defensively challenged Centers these days. The rules are too geared towards letting awesome athletes attack the fuck out of the basket. Would have take Diallo, McCaw, Zimmerman or Onuaku over him.

Jarate

Banned
So I know next to nothing about these guys.

Hooray we got Simmons! But how should I feel about our Frenchman and Turkish Delight?

Are we now the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.

Timothe Luwawu is a combo sf/sg who runs the fast break really well, shot 37% from 3, and was a major player for his French league team, which btw, the French league is the second best league in the world.

Furkan Korkmaz is a 19 year old guard who shot 45% from 3 and playa on the same team as Dario Saric

Top Bottom