• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

shwimpy

Apparently Zubac is a huge Lakers fan.

Zubac could not be more excited - he’s been a HUGE Lakers fan for his entire life, told me he cried like a baby when Kobe scored 60.

Ivica Zubac told us Kobe’s final game started at 4:30 a.m. in Croatia. He stayed up for it, cheered live, cried, and the sun came up.

While Kobe is Zubac’s hero, the player he wants to emulate on the basketball floor is Marc Gasol.

Zubac told me he was rooting hard for teams NOT to draft him with the 8 picks before the Lakers. He can’t believe his dream came true.

Zubac has heard from agent that he might go at No. 24, but when he didn’t, he just kept wishing teams would pass on him until the Lakers.

statuez

Banned
Anyone saying they don't like the trade for OKC is beyond clueless. Oladipo is a very good albeit undersized defender and was the magics best perimeter defender last year and he still hasn't reached his prime. He shot 35% from three and 40% in corners. He is a much better option to space the floor then Andre "I can't shoot for shit" Roberson.

They also get a very solid and athletic secondary ball handler who can run the pick and roll very well. Okc can also easily stagger Westbrook/Dipos minutes. Or he can just come off the bench as a 6th man.

spyder_ur

Anyone saying they don't like the trade for OKC is beyond clueless. Oladipo is a very good albeit undersized defender and was the magics best perimeter defender last year and he still hasn't reached his prime. He shot 35% from three and 40% in corners. He is a much better option to space the floor then Andre "I can't shoot for shit" Roberson.

They also get a very solid and athletic secondary ball handler who can run the pick and roll very well. Okc can also easily stagger Westbrook/Dipos minutes. Or he can just come off the bench as a 6th man.

I don't like it. I think it's OK in terms of trading and maximizing assets but that's not the name of the game for OKC right now. My problem with the trade is that I worry they lost both floor spacing and defense. Oladipo and Westbrook is probably the worst 3 point shooting backcourt in the league. Will be fun to watch though.

This puts a ton of pressure on Adams. He better be healthy and be the player we saw in the OKC series. I don't love what the Thunder did with Ibaka's talents, but I think people are underselling what he brings to the table. I like Sabonis alot, but they are very very thin up front right now, especially defensively.

LionPride

Banned
I don't like it. I think it's OK in terms of trading and maximizing assets but that's not the name of the game for OKC right now. My problem with the trade is that I worry they lost both floor spacing and defense. Oladipo and Westbrook is probably the worst 3 point shooting backcourt in the league. Will be fun to watch though.

This puts a ton of pressure on Adams. He better be healthy and be the player we saw in the OKC series.

Oladipo is becoming a better shooter constantly, he'll be fine. Plus he's a great defender. Ersan can shoot too

I imagine they'll try to bring back Tarak Black on the cheap.

I almost forgot about him because Byron didn't want to play him last year.... He worked really well with DLO in the PnR when he actually got playing time. My dream is that the Lakers can get either Whiteside or Horford or a cheap center who can actually play PnR (AKA not Roy Hibbert)

statuez

Banned

This puts a ton of pressure on Adams. He better be healthy and be the player we saw in the OKC series. I don't love what the Thunder did with Ibaka's talents, but I think people are underselling what he brings to the table. I like Sabonis alot, but they are very very thin up front right now, especially defensively.

Ibaka has been declining the last three years and I honestly believe the dude is like 30 years old and faked his age lol. As someone who has watched OKC since the beginning, Ibaka's defence has been nowhere near where it was from years past. He's basically become a jump shooter who occasionally blocks show's when he feels like it. His impact on both sides of the ball dare i say is a little overrated and it can be replaced IMO.

With regards to floor spacing, when you have two top 5 players in WB/KD I don't think it's that big of a deal. Both of them will bend defences at their whim and throw in Oladipo and it will be even more ridiculous.

I almost forgot about him because Byron didn't want to play him last year.... He worked really well with DLO in the PnR when he actually got playing time. My dream is that the Lakers can get either Whiteside or Horford or a cheap center who can actually play PnR (AKA not Roy Hibbert)

Tyson Chandler's corpse is probably available if we strike out on Horford.

Gar/Pax make me so mad.
4785786-0729334663-hulk_.gif

Top Bottom