• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Just watched a few videos of press conferences with Luke and Mitch and interviews with Ingram and Zubac, and I really like the personality of these guys. I kind of hope Zubac stays but I have only watched one highlight video. That said, how many players can a NBA team have? And who are the good and not so good ones on our team?

Good
Russell
Randle
Clarkson
Ingram
Brown
Nance Jr

Not so good
?

Sacre is a great personality, but he's considered one of the least talented players in the NBA overall. Nick Young is decent, but he's streaky and getting old. Lou Williams has shit defense, and Hibbert is outdated. Truthfully, I think Byron brought everyone down last year, so the next two years are a more accurate metric.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I told everyone free agency was gonna be crazy this year

Yeah, people do not get how insane it is. Instead of thinking X mil per year, think of contracts in % of total cap space, and then scale up, and you'll get your contracts.

Oozer3993

Just had one of the greatest Google Rewards surveys ever:

DVjNbJg.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know I've said the FA pool was insanely thin this year and 20 teams in the league can easily add a max contract but... the notion that Noah is going to get the max in 2016 seems a bit hard to believe. 4/60 would be believable.

Oh shit that LA team is the Clippers Woj posted.
Doc the GM was able to get a meeting with KD and his reps. Probably the best thing he did as a GM to date.

jbug617

Banned
Here is the list of teams that are interested in Durant but don't have a meeting.
Several teams that have interest in Durant – the Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards – could still find audiences with him, but appear to be outsiders in the process now.

Magilla

Banned
For some reason I thought this was just going to be "the rest"

I don't see how Boston could land him, but I'll foolishly take this meeting as a good sign.

I've already started planning the parade. Isaiah the recruiting god. Fire Ainge and get IT in the GM chair.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Marc Stein just tweeted that the Warriors, Spurs and Thunder are the first three known teams to land recruiting meetings with KD.

*Phew* KD on the Spurs.

Still think he stays one more season with Westbrook until they hit free agency in 2017. Especially with the trade they got. They already have Kanter and Adams down low and now a legit SG with Victor Oladipo? That is an NBA title team on paper. Better than the Warriors, Spurs, Cavs if the team stays healthy.

Still can't believe the Magic gave up the rights to Domantas Sabonis. Guy is going to be an impact player day 1 off the bench and a great NBA player eventually.

The Ibaka-Vucevic is actually a nice pairing as a PF and Center but I don't know what else the Magic are trying to do. They probably won't make the playoffs, even in the East, which makes the Sabonis trade even more questionable.

Oladipo is a young, solid SG but Sabonis will be great NBA player for a long time to come so I don't know why the Magic gave up his rights.

Exodust

Banned
I'd like my Lakers to get Durant, but we just drafted an SF as our number 2 pick so I don't think it's happening. Even if switching roles could be a possibility, or having the new kid play off the bench for a while which I'm guessing is unlikely.

Servbot24

Banned
I doubt KD even considers GSW if they had won the finals this year. Not that anyone there is happy they lost, but hey, could be a silver lining.

But damn... Steph and KD on the same team would be insane. Not to mention Klay and Dray.

Top Bottom