• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I actually like that Knicks team. The no.2 team in the Eastern Conference this year was the terrible Toronto Raptors for Christ sake.

That team on paper contends in the East depending on how healthy Rose and Noah are.

Raptors won 56 games. Top 5 in offense, top 12 in defense.

Get the hell outta here with them being terrible.

Pat the don gonna get it done

Lol Noah a top priority , really wish that Florida team didn't win the title back to back years, fuck all of those players

Jarate

Banned
Until D Rose starts to play defense and stops taking shit shots, he's going to continue to be a bad player.

He's about just as good as Brandon Jennings tbh.

Sessions even at this point isn't a better player.

18/6 considering his potential teammates and a playoff berth would be a successful season.

It's how he gets to that 18/6. The raw stats don't tell you anything. If he does it by taking a lot of bad shots, and at the expense of the offensive flow, that's not good for the Knicks. Derrick Rose is not a great offensive player anymore, whether he gets you 15 ppg or 20 ppg.

Hitta93

Banned
The thing is, I don't think he's going to be needed to score much. He became more efficient as the season went along and still one of the better PGs at breaking a defense down and creating scoring opportunities for others. Never got a vibe he was much of a ball stopper either.

Definitely not great, but still a very viable option for any NBA team.

18/6 would be a great mark for him to hit.

That's basically Kyrie level.

Is it still a great mark if he attempts 18-20 shots a game? Because that's basically Kobe's last two seasons, 16-20 ppg but he only scored about 1 point per shot attempt.

Also we continue to ignore the fact that Rose could go to jail.

Chase17

Rose would blow a knee and be out for the year trying to do things Kyrie can do with his handle.
All I'm trying to say is that if Drose plays well they are essentially on par with the Cavs.

Lebron=Melo
Kyrie=Rose
Love=Zinger

The possible addition of Dwight will make all the difference.

All I'm trying to say is that if Drose plays well they are essentially on par with the Cavs.

Lebron=Melo
Kyrie=Rose
Love=Zinger

in the same way that i'm essentially on par with Dwayne Johnson because I have two arms and a penis.

Chase17

On second thought not accounting for JR may be a mistake.

I thought equating Lebron to Melo would make it immediately stand out as a joke.

Jarate

Banned
D Rose is an inefficient ball dominant player. If he develops into a 3 and D kind of guy, then maybe, but his shot needs to get much better, and so does his defense.

Right now, he's just an inefficient player without his elite athleticism.

Even if they get Howard, they're gonna be 1 and done in the playoffs

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Lebron=Melo
Kyrie=Rose
Love=Zinger

Yeah I know I rarely stop in here for more than a bite to eat every 7 months or so, but

dude you must be trolling

Edit:
On second thought not accounting for JR may be a mistake.

I thought equating Lebron to Melo would make it immediately stand out as a joke.
Thank you Jesus

jbug617

Banned
Team USA
Cl9gDMZVEAAQ9hG.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I mean I guess it all depends on what they would command/accept to come aboard but I don't think they do right now.

It would maybe require the tough decision to trade Tony Parker for peanuts
TBH. Though I am literally just spit balling so someone more in the know should probably answer that.

NO

Spurs got cap room for a near max deal. Remember the salary cap goes up this off-season. Duncan and Ginobili's contract are all player options this summer. They'll take a pay cut for the team.

BumRush

Any thoughts on who the knicks sign, and on what type of deal? I'm PRAYING that they don't give someone like Howard more than a year.

Any thoughts on who the knicks sign, and on what type of deal? I'm PRAYING that they don't give someone like Howard more than a year.

If they were smart they'd make a modest move like signing Bazemore or something, maybe even take a shot at Batum, not shoot for the moon for a past his prime center who may or may not fit in well with your best young player.

Bread

Banned
If they were smart they'd make a modest move like signing Bazemore or something, maybe even take a shot at Batum, not shoot for the moon for a past his prime center who may or may not fit in well with your best young player.
Bazemore's getting a max though.

They should get Delly at a vet min 18m/year contract to back up Rose.

USA jersey looks cheap as fuck, will pay $40 for one
will get a Durant or Klay jersey but emo Klay might suck in Rio

Argentina gonna win the gold for old man Manu

It'll probably be Spain vs USA again for the gold

I have zero doubt that the Lakers are offering Hassan a max at 12:01am on July 1st. Whether he takes it or not is a different story.

Ainge will too

Top Bottom