• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

lol Mike Brown

Warriors dynasty turning in the Seahawks dynasty
1 title, a choke and then nothing........

unless KD comes, they aint getting a center, they are gonna give Bogut one more chance due to the cocky guy

Brinbe

LOL Bucks! So Thon Maker is actually 23?
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4q3bvy/research_into_thon_makers_age_probably_far_older/
H5LZnbL.jpg

But it says graduating class of 2010 lol....

edit: I mean yeah there can be some variation of ages but come on.

I assumed the agent meant that he graduated from some school to learn English in 2010. Although people on Reddit are posting other pictures from other yearbooks including this 9th grade photo of Thon from what's supposedly a 2007 yearbook.

Edit:

Here's an article that states Thon went to that school to attend English classes for recently arrived refugee children. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...k=f201a24618f8c407965974ca82283722-1467058303

El Topo

How likely is it that professional scouts from NBA would fall for Thon Maker if the information is so widely available? I mean, that would make the Bucks look like a bush league team.

Jason Kidd is trying to recreate the MonStars by making Giannis the PG and Thon the SG and then a bunch of 7 footers to fill the remaining roster.

qcf x2

Poor Delonte. Where's that?

I'm probably extra late in asking this, but why is Harrison Barnes getting an Olympic invite? Last minute favor to make him look more attractive to other teams? "My client is one of the elite few on the US Mens Olympic team!"

Poor Delonte. Where's that?

I'm probably extra late in asking this, but why is Harrison Barnes getting an Olympic invite? Last minute favor to make him look more attractive to other teams? "My client is one of the elite few on the US Mens Olympic team!"

Maybe Coach K wanted him there because Barnes was supposed to go to Duke but chose UNC instead. IDK lol.

The Ringer posted a conspiracy article that Colangelo selected him in order to soften him up to the idea of signing with Philly in free agency.

Brinbe

lmao I so hope this is real. Congrats on Whiteside, LA?

qmwrRHx.jpg

6jzqYhG.jpg

Matches up with
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-hassan-whiteside-s062616-story.html
"I really don't think it's about loyalty," the shot-blocking center said while making an appearance at "Dew NBA 3X," a nationwide three-on-three basketball competition that made a weekend stop at the National Young Arts Foundation. "I think it's just about the best situation for myself and that's what I think it is."
Best situation, eh? hahaha

lmao I so hope this is real. Congrats on Whiteside, LA?
6jzqYhG.jpg

For what it's worth that's the second image on a Google image search for "whiteside dj khaled"

Edit:

The account that posted that image and supposedly got the DMs from Whiteside was a likely fake as well.

Brinbe

For what it's worth that's the second image on a Google image search for "whiteside dj khaled"

Edit:

The account that posted that image and supposedly got the DMs from Whiteside was a likely fake as well.

Yeah, it's 100% too hilarious to be true. I still think he leaves Miami though.

Chase17

My favorite part of the Whiteside fake is that the go to when it comes to establishing his fame is a picture with DJ Khaled.

Top Bottom