• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

LeBron ready to cash in his $30M per.

ESPN article suggests he can only get 27.5 since Cleveland doesn't have his full Bird rights and they can only do a lesser raise.

If James takes another one-year contract from the Cavs, he would make $27.5 million for next season. This is because the Cavs don't have salary-cap space and don't have James' full Bird rights, which limits the size of the raise he can get.

Of course, Broussard wrote that, so he can probably get 50 million and change.

random25

ESPN article suggests he can only get 27.5 since Cleveland doesn't have his full Bird rights and they can only do a lesser raise.

Of course, Broussard wrote that, so he can probably get 50 million and change.

That is if he decides another 1-year deal with the Cavs. If he really likes to stay, might as well take it to at least 2 years to get at least $30m per, especially with his fellow all-stars on long term deals.

J2 Cool

Does Vegas take bets on where free agents might go? I know at least one "shocking" move's likely to happen, I just can't begin to guess which one. Wade and Miami's contract talks have always been so weird, including 2014 opting out of his last two years near max, before Lebron signed with Cleveland.

Chump change compared to his endorsements and shoe deals.
I was thinking the same and wondering why the opt out. But reading the other posts I kinda see why he did it.

E::J2,
Cleveland I think was 50/1 before the Lebron returning announcement. Then the next day, it went down to 6/1

Dwight meeting with the Hawks and Celtics. Man I honestly think that if the Hawks do get Howard, we should let Horford walk OR trade Millsap. Those 3 on the team just don't work imo. Millsap and Horford are basically the same players but Millsap is better right now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wade is leaving Miami. He was looking to leave unless Miami paid him a ridiculous salary. They couldn't agree to a long term deal so they paid him a lot for 1 year as a thank you gift for recruiting LeBron and taking a pay cut.

Maybe he ends up with the Bulls since that team was always brought up with Wade was looking to leave Miami.

qcf x2

Wade leaving Miami to go sign with the Bulls, who all but openly attempted a firesale a week ago, will be losing their center/backup center and don't have a starting point guard? The Bulls, who just drafted a guy in worse physical condition than Wade? Whose best returning player knows they tried to toss him to the 6ers and the TWolves?

Somehow that doesn't seem likely. IF he shocks the world and bolts, I see him going to the Clippers or the Cavs, nowhere else. But let's be honest, he and Riley know he's not going anywhere.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wade leaving Miami to go sign with the Bulls, who all but openly attempted a firesale a week ago, will be losing their center/backup center and don't have a starting point guard? The Bulls, who just drafted a guy in worse physical condition than Wade? Whose best returning player knows they tried to toss him to the 6ers and the TWolves?

Somehow that doesn't seem likely. IF he shocks the world and bolts, I see him going to the Clippers or the Cavs, nowhere else. But let's be honest, he and Riley know he's not going anywhere.

Bulls were clearing space for Wade and his posse.

Cornbread78

Boston media would crack D12. I don't like him although it's an obvious upgrade.

I coild see him taking his ball and going home aftr the first media session after a game he sucks in and the team losses.

"Dwight, about those free throws"
"Dwight, why didn't you take the charge"
"Dwight, why did you laugh when you got dunked on by Spud Webb?"

Oh my...

Dwight to Boston on a max contract is such a bad idea unless he's somehow the guy Durant wants.

This. He has sjown mo motivation in LA or Houston, so how will that fly in Boston? I mean, if he wants to step up on D, then maybe, but...

Dwight meeting with the Hawks and Celtics. Man I honestly think that if the Hawks do get Howard, we should let Horford walk OR trade Millsap. Those 3 on the team just don't work imo. Millsap and Horford are basically the same players but Millsap is better right now.

True. Millsap (while his value his really strong) and a second round pick to Raptors for Terrence Ross, a Raptors draft pick (delon wright), and Patrick Patterson (excellent bench player, but not a starter) would benefit both teams.

Especially with the Celts getting better, and the knicks squeezing out 5-10 more wins this year.

Hawks and Raps cant afford to stand pat.

"Tentative Celtics summer league depth chart
PG: Rozier, Jackson
SG: Hunter, Young
SF: Brown, Nader
PF: Yabusele, Bentil
C: Mickey"

This is his third year in the league and Young is a bench player on the Summer League team.

Ronin Ray

I think it as the Lowe pod today (or it could have been the Dunc'd On) mentioned that if the Spurs want to make a run at KD or Conley they might be wanting to unload Danny Green's salary. I'd take that off their hands if I were the Lakers. He had a down year but in this market I'd take a flyer on a 3 year/$33 million three-and-D guy. They also mentioned that Greg Monroe can opt out of his deal after this season? I don't know how the Bucks are going to dump that contract unless they settle for like a future 2nd rounder in return.

I know the Spurs wont do it but I rather them dump Parker before they dump Green

Someone better get his yearbook photos to make sure

They're good.

rIBNLaq.png

Cornbread78

This is his third year in the league and Young is a bench player on the Summer League team.

He's right at the "bust" marker now where they just might have to cut their losses. He looks like a lost and scared puppy everytime he touches the court..

Tom Penny

Why Yabusele over the Euro center??? Back to the whole D12 thing. His value goes up if they eliminate the hack a shaq rules. They aren't landing anyone anyway so it really doesn't matter.

qcf x2

Why is the Wade thing news again?

He's staying bruh who gonna pay him max money???

Most teams would on a short term contract. He's a far better player than guys who will be getting the max this offseason, aside from Durant. Remember, Harrison Barnes and his 11 pts/5 reb per game was expected to get a max contract (and still might, lol Sixers).

Does Durant not know where Los Angeles is?! It's in Los Angeles California!!!! Home of Kobe Bryant and Hollywood star. He'll come around and choose them, no doubt in my mind.

Nah. I've known he's not coming for a while, which is actually fine.
Curious to see how the young-uns work out this year.

qcf x2

KD meeting with OKC tomorrow night. Teams aren't allowed to discuss contracts before midnight. Sounds like a farewell meeting.

Fjordson

I'm trying to think who the Warriors should have at the meeting on Friday. Myers and Kerr obviously, maybe Steph and Dray also.

Fjordson

I would say Joe Lacob, but he's light years away at the moment.
Lmao, yeah maybe Lacob should stay away.

I'm actually a little nervous about what he's going to do if we don't land Durant. Can see him making some awful, over-reactionary move because he's mad about losing the title. He's been seemingly good about letting Myers, West, Ker, etc. do their jobs, but he got a bit louder this year.

Top Bottom