• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Barring signing some huge impact player, even if Ingram and the rest of the young guys ball out we're going to be in the lottery again, probably high in the lottery. The TWolves had the best rookie big in like 20 years along with Wiggins and LaVine and even then only won 29 games.

Gigglepoo

Barring signing some huge impact player, even if Ingram and the rest of the young guys ball out we're going to be in the lottery again, probably high in the lottery. The TWolves had the best rookie big in like 20 years along with Wiggins and LaVine and even then only won 29 games.

Luke Walton might start out the season 29-0.

Wade's people made calls to the Mavs and Spurs to check their interest according to Windhorst

RI9JpiR.jpg

pislit

They probably lost 53 games because of LaVine.

Wiggins was also super inefficient last year as a scorer and a defender

Which is my point. Young teams can have good seasons, and show promise, all while still losing a lot of games. The tank for LA is absolutely still in play. And they can tank, and still have a good season.

Jarate

Banned
Which is my point. Young teams can have good seasons, and show promise, all while still losing a lot of games. The tank for LA is absolutely still in play. And they can tank, and still have a good season.

I dont see how the Lakers can be worse then last year, especially with Scott gone

im all for them getting the #4 pick this year lol

I dont see how the Lakers can be worse then last year, especially with Scott gone

im all for them getting the #4 pick this year lol

Not worse than last year, but 25 wins? 27 wins? I'm not saying they will be the 2nd worst team in the league next year, but they just need a ping pong ball to bounce their way. Just saying it's all in play.

Ronin Ray

Didn't he also have a divorce a few years back from his HS or college sweetheart that took a lot of his money before his current spouse or whatever.

Remember hearing about it on one of the sports radio stations here in Dallas. They said she got like half of his money after the divorce.

He took less money after his divorce and the guy stealing 20 mil from him so I am sure he is fine. Plus the Spurs would give him a job for life

Raptors looked to trade for Noel for Ross

Masai and Colangelo are tight, since Masai was his assistant GM for the Raptors while back.
Masai ask for Ben Simmon or Okafor instead lol

So the Nets apparently aren't making an offer to Willie Reed due to him having an attitude problem. He played great for the Heat during the Summer League last year. I was sad to see him jump ship, but I understood since the Heat couldn't make an immediate guaranteed contract.

Considering how much Whiteside transformed himself over the course of two seasons, I'd like to make a go at Reed.

Raptors looked to trade for Noel for Ross

Masai and Colangelo are tight, since Masai was his assistant GM for the Raptors while back.
Masai ask for Ben Simmon or Okafor instead lol

This will make me feel a lot better if this happens after what happened in the NHL today.

Jesus Christ I can't even. I'm so glad I have the Raptors to fall back on

Glad the Sixer's balked at that, Noel is way more valuable then Terrance Ross

One could argue Ross is more valuable to the Sixers for his defense and 3 point shooting ability on a great contract instead of overpaying for Harrison Barnes.
Let Bryan Colangelo continue the TRoss project.
Just give us Ben Simmons lol]

Jarate

Banned
One could argue Ross is more valuable to the Sixers for his defense and 3 point shooting ability on a great contract instead of overpaying for Harrison Barnes.
Let Bryan Colangelo continue the TRoss project.
Just give us Ben Simmons lol]
I mean if it was Terrance Ross and a S&T for Derozan then I'd do it. At least it would be better then trading Noel for Teague like what was rumoured before.

we'll give Canada Stauskas again!

Barnes is gonna be a Sixer I think. Him being on the National team is just the biggest sign in the world. It could be worse, it could be maxing Waiters lol

jbug617

Banned
Stein says the many people believe Knicks are big favs for Noah.

Also one of Doc's plans to get Durant is to convince him to take less and make a Big 4.
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29...riffin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
While all options will be discussed, the Clippers are expected to a highlight a scenario in which Durant would sign a deal to play alongside Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

To make the most competitive offer possible, the Clippers would have to trade J.J. Redick, Paul Pierce and C.J. Wilcox and renounce the rights to first-round pick Brice Johnson and all of their own free agents.

The Clippers could also discuss scenarios in which they trade one member of their “Big Three,” either to a team with cap space or to the Thunder in a sign-and-trade.

Marc Stein says everyone thinks Noah's going to end up a Knick as they push for the 2012 championship

Edit: Beaten by not reading above the Clips story.

Cornbread78

We're finally getting our fireworks.

I still say he trying to land Durant/Horford as a combo.

Then JR Smith for a spot shooter off the bench...

Not sure if they can fit Howard in there anwhere undr the cap to pkay the Defensice center role. If not I hope they try to pry Noel from Philly somehow

Thomas
Bradley
Durant
Horford
Noel

Yup, sign me up for that.. Not great, but really competitive. Pipe dreams though..

Jarate

Banned
What would make teams excited to get Noah, dude was garbage last year, and players dont generally get better after hitting their 30's.

If you're looking for a big that can play defense, we'll trade You Noel for KP :p

What would make teams excited to get Noah, dude was garbage last year, and players dont generally get better after hitting their 30's.

If you're looking for a big that can play defense, we'll trade You Noel for KP :p

Noah was decent not too long ago. I'd rather gamble on him for a year or two instead of maxing out some other options.

Hawks don't want to offer Horford a fifth year and are in serious danger of losing him for nothing. Word has it the Lakers have secured face to face meetings with both Horford and Nicolas Batum. Kent Bazemore is likely to leave the Hawks as well, virtually every team with cap space is interested.

Velcro Fly

Noah would be the perfect guy you could count on to play 10-15 minutes per night maybe 50 games a year.

18 mil for that though fucking lol.

Not worse than last year, but 25 wins? 27 wins? I'm not saying they will be the 2nd worst team in the league next year, but they just need a ping pong ball to bounce their way. Just saying it's all in play.

I would like to see an equivalent of the Wolves last year minus how bad their coach was.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i need durant on them lakers. he needs to quit playing with my emotions. if we get barnes i'm gonna cry.

but if durant goes to the warriors... ayyy lmao fuckball 2017 warriors win. i aint even mad.

Top Bottom