• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Bread

Banned
His size and athleticism will make those shots more difficult at the next level though. I think he can be a good player but superstar feels like a stretch to me.
He's 6'5", I'm not worried about size. He doesn't have Westbrook speed but he's good good quickness and a really good handle. I think he's got a solid all around offensive game that should translate.

He's 6'5", I'm not worried about size. He doesn't have Westbrook speed but he's good good quickness and a really good handle. I think he's got a solid all around offensive game that should translate.

I think he can be a good scoring 2 guard but I don't think his ceiling is that high. To be a superstar/franchise type player at that position you have to be an elite athlete. His stock as a draft pick depends entirely on if you want to shoot for a home run or hit a safe double. Same with Buddy.

Tom Penny

His size and athleticism will make those shots more difficult at the next level though. I think he can be a good player but superstar feels like a stretch to me.

I certainly don't think he can be a star. Dunn has the best odds at that. He's really good at shooting off screens though which is a staple in the NBA. The only reason I like Hield is I do think he can reach whatever ceiling he has. He's been known to shoot for 4 hours straight. That's how he improved. I'm a believer that work ethic is not really something taught.

Bread

Banned
I think he can be a good scoring 2 guard but I don't think his ceiling is that high. To be a superstar/franchise type player at that position you have to be an elite athlete. His stock as a draft pick depends entirely on if you want to shoot for a home run or hit a safe double. Same with Buddy.
Eh not sure I agree with that. I'll wait to see his workouts.

SaintR

Coach who specialized in running a 2 point guard offense comes to team in Knicks with zero established point guards and tons of big men....cool cool cool

😎🔫

Fatalah

Dr. Zen actually hired an outsider! Whaaaaaat?!

29.-Jeff-Hornacek.jpg

Better than Michelle Gordon! Horndog swissshhh!

spyder_ur

Apparently Kris Dunn is withholding medical info from the Celtics and Suns so doesn't have to play for a team with a young PG.

What a terrible attitude for a player to have, disappointed to hear that. PG is the most competitive and loaded position in today's NBA. Fight for your spot, play well and the rest will take care of itself.

Dunn is my least favorite for the Celtics out of the Dunn-Hield-Murray group so I'm not broken up about it, but it's lame.

What a terrible attitude for a player to have, disappointed to hear that. PG is the most competitive and loaded position in today's NBA. Fight for your spot, play well and the rest will take care of itself.

Dunn is my least favorite for the Celtics out of the Dunn-Hield-Murray group so I'm not broken up about it, but it's lame.

I don't have a problem with it. PG is also the toughest position for young players to develop into at the NBA level. He's trying to use what little leverage he has to try and put himself in the best position to succeed. PHX in particular has some pretty recent history with creating dysfunction on their team at the PG position. It's something that can hinder development.

Hypothetical: would Utar trade Heyward for the no. 3 pick? Would Boston?

spyder_ur

I don't have a problem with it. PG is also the toughest position for young players to develop into at the NBA level. He's trying to use what little leverage he has to try and put himself in the best position to succeed. PHX in particular has some pretty recent history with creating dysfunction on their team at the PG position. It's something that can hinder development.

Hypothetical: would Utar trade Heyward for the no. 3 pick? Would Boston?

I'm generally all for players exercising the power they have in the farce that is the lottery and NBA draft, but you're a presumptive top 5 pick and are worried about competing against the like of IT, Smart, Bledsoe, and Brandon Knight? Minnesota's got a point guard, Denver drafted one last year, Toronto's set there. NO makes sense but options narrow quickly.

I'm not sure PG is the toughest position to develop players at all. The competition is the toughest on a night-to-night basis, but that's precisely because those players have developed.

And two PG units and combo guards are as prevalent as ever. Just seems like a weird perspective.

I wouldn't trade #3 for Hayward, personally.

Gotta assume this is related to the coaching hire, right?

Phil and Hornacek had dinner like a day before the hire so I have to imagine he consigned it. He's 70 and has health issues and likes living in LA. He's probably just done.

jrmanimal

What are the odds of Buddy being available at 7th? For now I think he's my favorite, followed by Murray, but I doubt any of the two will be available at that point. For the 15th and 19th I just expect to see the Nuggets making some deals.

Dwight Howard was asked to elaborate on why he felt "disinterested" during parts of his season with the Houston Rockets.

"There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me," said Howard. "It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'''

Howard was asked to specify what he was referring to.

"I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

Well Dwight going in now.

Dragan Bender another Porzingis? Second-best NBA draft prospect?

I think there's a case to be made that even No. 4 is too low for Bender.

Factoring in his ranking on your big board, Bender's consensus projection is for 3.5 WARP -- second in this year's draft behind Ben Simmons. Nobody else is above 3.0, with Brandon Ingram at 2.9. Murray (2.6) and Dunn (2.3) are far below Bender.

While Bender is unlikely to help quite as much right away as the guards, particularly the 22-year-old Dunn, if teams are patient I think he's got a much better chance of becoming a star.

Based on Bender's projections, not only should the Boston Celtics be strongly considering him with the No. 3 pick, he also deserves consideration from the L.A. Lakers at No. 2.

I think it was bleacher report that released a rumor this morning about the Lakers possibly trading No.2 pick w/ Julius Randle for Boogie Cousins. I think its a long shot that Kings would do it but then again, it's the Kings...

I don't think Julius has enough value to get that done. He's very much a work in progress. Even still I wouldn't want to do it if I were the Lakers.

I think it was bleacher report that released a rumor this morning about the Lakers possibly trading No.2 pick w/ Julius Randle for Boogie Cousins. I think its a long shot that Kings would do it but then again, it's the Kings...

Didn't the Kings turn down that exact offer last year?

Top Bottom